adams.michelle

mail from usa to morocco

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have yet to get a letter or package successfully mailed from usa to morocco. I went to fedex today to see if they could deliver a small light box and they said it would be over $300. They say the reason my stuff does not get there is because of theft in postal offices in Morocco. that is terrible. anyone have any secrets to getting mail from usa to morocco?

he has not had a problem sending stuff from morocco here....go figure :wacko:

Edited by adams.michelle

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have yet to get a letter or package successfully mailed from usa to morocco. I went to fedex today to see if they could deliver a small light box and they said it would be over $300. They say the reason my stuff does not get there is because of theft in postal offices in Morocco. that is terrible. anyone have any secrets to getting mail from usa to morocco?

he has not had a problem sending stuff from morocco here....go figure :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Michelle, I have a LOT of experience shipping from inside and outside Morroco/USA. I use to sell antiques from Morocco and ship

them all over the world. I will tell you, there's a HUGE improvement in postal handling since before 2006 when, indeed, they put their

hands on everything and swiped it. But Around 2007 they raised postage rates as well as the quality of the service. In shipping from

the USA here is my advice: Use the priority boxes - it's about $57 or so for their "large" flat rate box which isn't that large, but if you

sit on it, stomp it and play with the contents, you will be amazed how much you can fit inside. I forget now how much you can insure

a package for from here, but it isn't very much. Because it is insured, they tend to keep their hands off of it. Even if you ship it

priority, it will take minimum of five weeks to get there and usually six weeks. I just sent my hubby a leather jacket and he's not even

going to start looking for it for another week or two. I sent $1,000 items out of Morocco and they were always delivered. The stealing

is minimal now. Time is the big problem. Also, make sure you put your receiver's phone number on it so the post can call them when

it comes in. I don't know if they are in a big or small city but if they are in Casa, Rabat, Fez, the packages get there about a week

before the middle of the country. I hope this helps some. Michelle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have been waiting three weeks for my express package from Morocco through Chronopost. I paid $60. Yesterday, my SO got a call that they had mistakenly sent

it to Hong Kong!! And they wanted some kind of declaration from me by fax after all this.

Here's the US Postal's rates: http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/mo_017.htm

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

I've sent things successfully through US Postal service International Priority Mail. It's either Priority or Express; sorry I forget which. It's always been under $60 and has made it there fine. I've done it 2 or 3 times.

Once I forgot to put the house number on it and he went and inquired about a package and they had it waiting for him. So, even with my mistake, it was still fine.

I've heard horror stories about the theft of the mail there, but haven't experienced it myself.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've been sending packages to Morocco for 5 years via Priority Mail (usually Flat Rate boxes) and have never had a problem. The longest a package took was 4 weeks and only because it was Christmas time and ended up sitting in the US for 2 1/2 weeks. The average is 10-14 days. You CAN track packages even though you don't get "Delivery confirmation" with International Priority. You just use the number on the Customs form as your tracking number and you can track the package that way. It's always been accurate. They let you know when it's left US customs, arrived in Morocco, cleared customs, there, etc.

Priority Mail packages don't go through the regular mail in Morocco. They goes through Courier Accelere Internationale-EMS. What they usually do (Courier Accelere) is send a paper notice to my family to let them know the package is ready to picked up at their office. More info is listed on the USPS webpage for Morocco:http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/mo_017.htm#ep1266909

I dont know if this happens to everyone but in my experience, whenever I'm sending anything electronic (cell phone, camera, etc), the recipient has to pay some kind tariff or tax on them. Not much. But still.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.