caysii

how long does the petition take to bring my wife and children here in US and to be permanent residents?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you a US citizen?

What did you file for? What country are they interviewing in?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

As an LPR, you must file separate I-130 petitions for your wife and children.

It takes about 3-4 years for an LPR to petition for a wife and unmarried children under age 21 from the Philippines. Your wife and these children will be in the F2a category. The current Priority Date (PD) for Filipinos is Jan 1, 2008. The PD is the date that USCIS receives the completed I-130s. Only those with a PD prior to Jan 1, 2008 are eligible for visas. That is why it takes 3-4 years right now for these people to be eligible for visas.

It takes about 12 years for an LPR to petition for an unmarried son or daughter over age 21. If a child gets marry before you become a US citizen, the petition is automatically revoked and becomes dead.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As an LPR, you must file separate I-130 petitions for your wife and children.

It takes about 3-4 years for an LPR to petition for a wife and unmarried children under age 21 from the Philippines. Your wife and these children will be in the F2a category. The current Priority Date (PD) for Filipinos is Jan 1, 2008. The PD is the date that USCIS receives the completed I-130s. Only those with a PD prior to Jan 1, 2008 are eligible for visas. That is why it takes 3-4 years right now for these people to be eligible for visas.

It takes about 12 years for an LPR to petition for an unmarried son or daughter over age 21. If a child gets marry before you become a US citizen, the petition is automatically revoked and becomes dead.

wat do u said??! 12 yrs?? are you sure?? and why u need to file separate?? as i know n asked to the uscis..if ur child is minor ur child was include to petition to ur spouse..

hi!how long does the petition take to bring my wife and children here in US and to be permanent residents?

and how long is the timeframe for approval?

thanks! God bless everyone!

the processing time frame for approval is approx in 5 months. u can check on uscis.gov.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

wat do u said??! 12 yrs?? are you sure?? and why u need to file separate?? as i know n asked to the uscis..if ur child is minor ur child was include to petition to ur spouse..

the processing time frame for approval is approx in 5 months. u can check on uscis.gov.

It is not 5 months. This petition is being sent by an LPR NOT A US CITIZEN. If the petitioner was a CITIZEN then it would be less time.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

It is not 5 months. This petition is being sent by an LPR NOT A US CITIZEN. If the petitioner was a CITIZEN then it would be less time.

if u dont believed heres the link! here is the processing time frame for I-130 https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=bacIN1gsESp-T_5uzjc2s

if u dont believed heres the link! here is the processing time frame for I-130 https://egov.uscis.g...gsESp-T_5uzjc2s

USCIS only adjudicates the I-130. NVC is the one to assign the immigrant visa number based on current priority dates. You can see Feb 11 bulletin here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5228.html

F2A current PD date is 01JAN08 so that's a three year wait for visa (except for Mexico beneficiaries their PD is 01APR05)

I see you're a new member - you will learn along the way all the nuances of the immigration process. Guides and wiki on this website will help.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

USCIS only adjudicates the I-130. NVC is the one to assign the immigrant visa number based on current priority dates. You can see Feb 11 bulletin here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5228.html

:thumbs: USCIS only does a bit of the paperwork- it is the waiting for a priority date that takes time, not the paperwork.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Yes, I am sure.

You need to learn more about the immigration process.

The I-130 which is approved by USCIS only establish that the petitioner is eligible to petition for the beneficiary. It is not an application for an immigrant visa or a green card. USCIS has a goal of processing I-130s in five months. It is not a guarantee that it would be approve in five months. It is a goal.

After approval of the I-130, the petition is sent to the NVC to await for an available visa. The availability of a visa is dictated by the Visa Bulletin. For an LPR petitioning for an unmarried son or daughter over the age of 21, the wait is 12 years. See here; http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

if u dont believed heres the link! here is the processing time frame for I-130 https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=bacIN1gsESp-T_5uzjc2s

This is the time for approval of the I-130. It is only the first step in the process of getting an immigration visa. The beneficiary still has to wait for the Priority Date to become current before the beneficiary can apply for an immigration visa.

You do not understand the immigration process. Please go and read the "Guides" provided on this site.

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Did you yourself called the USCIS to check if you need to file separate forms for spouse and minor child? My husband filed only one I-130 for me and our 2yr old daughter. It was approved already. Now my problem is, I dont know if my daughter is included in the approval, for in the notice that we received, my name is the only one written in it. Does it applies to my daughter? (Crossing fingers, hoping it does). I havent call the USCIS.

N-400 Timeline:

Applied online - 07/24/19 

Receipt notice - 07/24/19

Biometrics notice online - 07/26/19

Biometrics - 08/12/19

Interview notice - 11/22/19

Interview - 01/02/20

Oath Notice - 01/07/20

Oathtaking - 01/22/20 

Estimated Completion Time: May 2020 (10 months from date applied :clock:)

COMPLETED 4 MONTHS EARLIER!!!! :dance: :dance:

US Passport Timeline for myself and my daughter (derivative):

Applied at our local USPS - 02/15/2020

US DoS Received application - 02/19/2020

Online Status (In Process)

Application Status (Approved) - 03/03/2020

Application Status (Shipped) - 03/03/2020

Received both passports - 03/05/2020

IF YOU HAVE DERIVATIVE/S, YOU CAN APPLY FOR PASSPORTS AT THE SAME TIME AT THE POST OFFICE USING JUST 1 ORIGINAL NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE!!!

I-130 Petition for Parents Timeline IR-5:

Applied online - 01/24/2020 (Priority Date 01/24/2020)

NOA1 - 01/24/2020 (IOE******* and was assigned Potomac Service Center current processing time 7.5 - 9.5)

Touched - 01/28/2020; Touched - 02/15/2020

Status Changed for Dad’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/15/2021

Status Changed for Mom’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/19/2021

NOA2 - Dad’s - 01/19/2021         Mom’s - 01/20/2021

NVC Received - Dad’s - 01/22/2021 MNL*** assigned       Mom's - 01/23/2021 MNL*** assigned

AOS Bill - Paid 1 AOS for 2 related cases 01/23/2021 (ceac shows in process) 01/27/2021 (ceac shows PAID) ($120)

Complete I-864ez form -  01/30/2021

Pay IV Bill - 01/28/2021 for both (in process) ($325 each) showed PAID 01/29/2021

Submit Civil Documents -uploaded on 01/31/2021

Case Completed at NVC - both parents DQ'd 04/06/2021

Expedite Request - 09/03/2021 Expedite Under Review -10/21/2021 Expedite Approved - 10/25/2021 Swab RT-PCR 12/26/2021Medical clear 1 day 12/28/2021 Interview Appointment Date thru CGI 03/07/2022 passed Visa on Hand  03/10/2022 PDOS CFO 03/15/2022 Paid Green Cards 04/04/2022 POE 04/18/2022(Chicago O’Hare)

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are US citizen...It takes one year,,,by 8 months for the approval,,,you're wife will go for an interview and your including your son/daughter, underage for further months...It's K4 visa, If your not us citizen, much better to take your citizen first,.

If you are US citizen...It takes one year,,,by 8 months for the approval,,,you're wife will go for an interview and your including your son/daughter, underage for further months...It's K4 visa, If your not us citizen, much better to take your citizen first,.

You just replied to a thread which is more than a year old and dead...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.