vadelice

If K-1 Visa Fiance does not marry within 90 days can she stay?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I posted a similar post a while back. Me and my wife are happily married but we have a friend who applied for a K-1 visa for his fiance. She came here 4 weeks ago on a K-1 visa. Her boyfirend has changed on her since she has been living here and believes he will not marry her. She is asking me and my wife if she can stay here after 90 days if they do not marry? I said I am not sure?

I found this on this website (Visajourney)

Some say she has to go back to her home country.

Does anyone know what or how she can stay without being married on a K-1 or is it possible to stay here without being married? Will she get in trouble or have problems and possibly have to go back if she does not get married and stays?

From reading other posts where this same question has been asked, it sounds like she has to leave.

7/26/10 Engaged
9/15/10 - Mailed I-129F to Dallas
9/17/10 - Received in Dallas
9/23/10 - NOA1 (Email - Sent to VSC)
9/24/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received Dated 9/20/10)
10/3/10 - Touched
3/23/11 - NOA2 (Email - Sent to NVC)
3/31/11 - Letter from NVC confirming receipt (Letter dated then)
4/6/11 - Email confirmation from NVC - Paperwork sent to Frankfurt
4/9/11 - Packet 3 received from Frankfurt
4/19/11 - Packet 4 received from Frankfurt
5/16/11 - Fiance's Interview in Frankfurt - Approved
6/11/11 - Wedding Date

7/1/11 - NOA AOS, EAD, AP documents received
7/27/11 - Biometrics
8/26/11 - Emails that AP and EAD are approved - EAD card sent to be ordered, should be sent within 30 days
10/31/11 - Email that GC is approved.
11/4/11 - GC received!

7/30/13 - NOA1 for ROC

8/27/13 - Biometrics

9/23/13 - Received notice of case being transferred from VSC to CSC

10/28/13 - GC ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She has to go home she cant stay. Shes not legal to work.

Shes not able to adjust status in the US any other way because of her K-1 she came in on.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

She has to go home she cant stay. Shes not legal to work.

Shes not able to adjust status in the US any other way because of her K-1 she came in on.

Over-staying her visa can make it difficult to near impossible to get legal status in the future, depending on circumstances and length of overstay. Not a good idea!

She must go home. She did not live up to her end of the bargain in regards to the K1 Visa. They issued her a visa to go to the United States ONCE and get married in 90 days. She didn't, so she has to return.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Even though it says she can fill out an I-130 relative petition?

No she cant. That is ONLY if she gets married to the man who petitioned her with the K-1 after the 90days.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I posted a similar post a while back. Me and my wife are happily married but we have a friend who applied for a K-1 visa for his fiance. She came here 4 weeks ago on a K-1 visa. Her boyfirend has changed on her since she has been living here and believes he will not marry her. She is asking me and my wife if she can stay here after 90 days if they do not marry? I said I am not sure?

Does anyone know what or how she can stay without being married on a K-1 or is it possible to stay here without being married? Will she get in trouble or have problems and possibly have to go back if she does not get married and stays?

Just stopped by to say please tell her sorry for the situation she has to face, sorry that things did not turn out well for her....

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K-1 allows marriage only to petitioner, the person who filed the I-129F, they WILL NOT be allowed to adjust status based on marriage to a different US Citizen.

If exceeds the 90 days allowed by the I-94 card, they WILL begin to accumulate out of status time and over stay.

If they do marry their petitioner outside the 90 days, they will have to file both I-130 and I-485 together to adjust status, again this is only marriage to the original fiancee, not someone else.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What it means when it says she can stay on an I-130; that is for a couple who, for whatever reason could not marry in the 90 days (death in the family, illness, ect.) but still wants to marry. They just couldn't do it in the 90 days becuase of extreme circumstances. She cannot stay here legally unless she marrys the petitioner in 90 days, or petitioner has a good reason they couldn't marry in 90 days, and applys for the I-130.

She must go home. The law is very clear. Anyone that comes here on a K-1 visa must get married within 90 days of arrival .

What it means when it says she can stay on an I-130; that is for a couple who, for whatever reason could not marry in the 90 days (death in the family, illness, ect.) but still wants to marry. They just couldn't do it in the 90 days becuase of extreme circumstances. She cannot stay here legally unless she marrys the petitioner in 90 days, or petitioner has a good reason they couldn't marry in 90 days, and applys for the I-130.

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I found this on this website (Visajourney)

Been answered a million times. Upper right corner. Click the word " search".

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Even though it says she can fill out an I-130 relative petition?

The context of what you read was if they marry the petitioner after the 90 days. The person in question doesn't have an immediate relative in the USA unless they marry the petitioner. If they don't marry the US Citizen petitioner at all, the law requires them to leave the USA. Where they go is not specified. While most will choose to return to their home country, where they go when they leave the USA is up to them. There is no legal path for a K1 visa holder to become a legal resident of the USA EXCEPT through marriage to the original petitioner.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.