Easiest U.S. visa to get for a Belarus citizen married to a U.S citizen

59 posts in this topic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I never got to see slim's post so I can't say much. Charles though is about the most easy going of the mods on here imo...and as far as I know him and slim seem to get along pretty decent. I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding. :hehe:

The bigger question remains...why is someone that is trying to immigrate to Nigeria trolling the RUB forum ? Better yet why is this person that is trying to immigrate to Nigeria on this site in the first place ? This site is for people trying to immigrate to the USA, not Nigeria. This forum seems to attract trolls from not only other regional forums, but from trolls trying to immigrate outside the US...that's like totally weird imo.

Because we are a bunch of highly desireable, formerly eligible American men that were snapped up by hot foreign women, we are the scourage of Native English speaking women everywhere. Plus our women are white, educated, slender and Christian. They have no protections at all. Let the hate begin! Poor things, I feel sorry for them.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Because we are a bunch of highly desireable, formerly eligible American men that were snapped up by hot foreign women, we are the scourage of Native English speaking women everywhere. Plus our women are white, educated, slender and Christian. They have no protections at all. Let the hate begin! Poor things, I feel sorry for them.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is it me or is this an odd situation? We have an American citizen married to a Belarus woman...so he married her overseas, probably in Belarus. The normal follow-up would be for the American husband to file CR-1 ASAP. Yet here we have a man who doesn't seem to have a clue about immigration law and options. Tourist visa?

I just find this very odd.

I'm not the smartest guy in class but even I knew you can't shortcut immigration processes, once married.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Gary, I agree with your essential message...except some FSU ladies are atheist. I found lots of Russia MOBs put in their profile "non believer" which is the nice way of saying atheist. Many Soviet-era women followed communist orthodoxy against religion.

Just a point of clarification.

Timeline

Gary, I agree with your essential message...except some FSU ladies are atheist. I found lots of Russia MOBs put in their profile "non believer" which is the nice way of saying atheist. Many Soviet-era women followed communist orthodoxy against religion.

Just a point of clarification.

True. Point taken. I was speaking generally. Alla has no particular religious beliefs but more or less follows Orthodox holidays. More or less. We celebrate "New Year's" more than either of the Christmas's and the "Catholic Christmas" as she calls it, has no meaning to her whatsoever. We have a New Years Tree and give gifts on New Years Day and shop AFTER Christmas.

My point was that if our wives were fat, ugly, black (or brown), uneducated and Muslim, no one would DARE to come here and ridicule us. We would be heroes! Like guys who adopt kittens at the animal shelter. Instead we are bums! Like people think it is easy being married to an FSU chick! :no::lol:

Gary And Alla

I never got to see slim's post so I can't say much. Charles though is about the most easy going of the mods on here imo...and as far as I know him and slim seem to get along pretty decent. I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding. :hehe:

No misunderstanding. Charles! is a good dude and when I post stuff that toes the line he's obligated to remove it. I appreciate the way he handled the situation.

The bigger question remains...why is someone that is trying to immigrate to Nigeria trolling the RUB forum ? Better yet why is this person that is trying to immigrate to Nigeria on this site in the first place ? This site is for people trying to immigrate to the USA, not Nigeria. This forum seems to attract trolls from not only other regional forums, but from trolls trying to immigrate outside the US...that's like totally weird imo.

From what I gather there is a function here on VJ where you can click on "show recent posts" and often that leads "visitors" into our forum. We're an interesting bunch so it's no surprise folks stop by to see what we're up to. Additionally, there's some good-natured, "I can help with that problem" intent when visiting a thread titled "easiest U.S. visa" so folks will stop by to add their two cents.

There's a big difference between someone stopping by trying to help out and saying, "hey, wait a minute, that doesn't look right" and the posters who stop by and say, "hey, wait a minute, your relationship doesn't look right." The poster here didn't do anything wrong. I showed poor judgement and charles! took the appropriate action.

Is it me or is this an odd situation? We have an American citizen married to a Belarus woman...so he married her overseas, probably in Belarus. The normal follow-up would be for the American husband to file CR-1 ASAP. Yet here we have a man who doesn't seem to have a clue about immigration law and options.

If he was over there for an extended stay on business, possibly with long-term plans, maybe even staying indefinitely, and then just so happened to find the right girl, maybe immmigration never even crossed his mind.

I know I was clueless about immigration, even to the point of not knowing about AOS after doing the K-1. My wife got here and I was like, "what now?" I didn't even realize I had to do AOS.

no particular religious beliefs but more or less follows Orthodox holidays. More or less.

Like all the mafia that wear big crosses on their gold chains.

Most of the RUBbers I've known claim to be Christian and true to form they're about as Christian as most Americans. "I guess I kind of believe in Jesus and God and all that, but I don't really go to church or anything. My mother gave me this cross to wear." And for the ladies, "this cross is pretty."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If he was over there for an extended stay on business, possibly with long-term plans, maybe even staying indefinitely, and then just so happened to find the right girl, maybe immmigration never even crossed his mind.

I know I was clueless about immigration, even to the point of not knowing about AOS after doing the K-1. My wife got here and I was like, "what now?" I didn't even realize I had to do AOS.

If you read the whole thread, the OP states that he is a naturalized citizen originally from Turkey (that maintains Turkish citizenship). I'm pretty sure Turkey and Belarus have a visa free regime. The OP obviously has some means to travel and given that the marriage of a Belorussian woman to a Turkish man isn't really atypical at all. It's not unlikely that he has had business in Belarus at some time or other.

Timeline

No misunderstanding. Charles! is a good dude and when I post stuff that toes the line he's obligated to remove it. I appreciate the way he handled the situation.

From what I gather there is a function here on VJ where you can click on "show recent posts" and often that leads "visitors" into our forum. We're an interesting bunch so it's no surprise folks stop by to see what we're up to. Additionally, there's some good-natured, "I can help with that problem" intent when visiting a thread titled "easiest U.S. visa" so folks will stop by to add their two cents.

There's a big difference between someone stopping by trying to help out and saying, "hey, wait a minute, that doesn't look right" and the posters who stop by and say, "hey, wait a minute, your relationship doesn't look right." The poster here didn't do anything wrong. I showed poor judgement and charles! took the appropriate action.

Like all the mafia that wear big crosses on their gold chains.

Most of the RUBbers I've known claim to be Christian and true to form they're about as Christian as most Americans. "I guess I kind of believe in Jesus and God and all that, but I don't really go to church or anything. My mother gave me this cross to wear." And for the ladies, "this cross is pretty."

My mother, who is a religious person was always interested in the churches in Ukraine/Russia. Alla is an amatuer photograpeher and has made a gift of many of the photos of churches she has taken. My summary to her was always about the same as yours. I think that Russia/Ukraine is about as "religious" as the US, meaning some people are very religious, some are not at all and most are of the "meh, whatever" persuasion and go to church on Christmas and Easter.

I wish that my mother was better able to travel as I would love to take her to Kiev and visit some of the great Orthodox Cathedrals.

If you read the whole thread, the OP states that he is a naturalized citizen originally from Turkey (that maintains Turkish citizenship). I'm pretty sure Turkey and Belarus have a visa free regime. The OP obviously has some means to travel and given that the marriage of a Belorussian woman to a Turkish man isn't really atypical at all. It's not unlikely that he has had business in Belarus at some time or other.

I do not know if it is "visa free" but you can buy a Turkish visa at the POE.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

As others have mentioned the best route is the CR1 , just file the I130 when you get back to the states. Take a look at the forums and get whatever paperwork signed now before you leave. After NVC she will interview and process at Warsaw as Belarus no longer does Immigrant VISA processing. Yes it will take a bit longer but you will be wasting time and money trying to get any other type of VISA for her since you are already married.

Say hello to Lukashenko for me ;)

Thank you for your suggestion. I will probably do that when I get back to Delaware in March. I will check the other posts but it looks like I have a little problem here. I have my marriage certificate from Delaware with me. But I have not been able to get it apostilled. We were told to get an apostille for our document in order for the marriage bureau in Belarus to recognize this marriage (that way, she can get my last name and hopefully, there won't be mistakes on U.S applications.. As a person who dealt different type of visas and lost 8 months because of a misspell on my green card, I want to start this process right.)

Anyways, as an example, the U.S Consulate in Istanbul can authorize this paper but not the U.S Consulate in Minsk. I got an email from the embassy in Minsk today telling me that I have to do it through the State Court in Delaware.. Quite odd.. But somehow I will find a way..

Yes, I'll say hi to him if they let me.. :P

Timeline

Is it me or is this an odd situation? We have an American citizen married to a Belarus woman...so he married her overseas, probably in Belarus. The normal follow-up would be for the American husband to file CR-1 ASAP. Yet here we have a man who doesn't seem to have a clue about immigration law and options. Tourist visa?

I'm not the smartest guy in class but even I knew you can't shortcut immigration processes, once married.

No actually we got married in Delaware after a beautiful summer together.

I do know some about the immigration process this past 11 years since I had dealt with numerous different type of papers, my attorney's misspelling messes and one time being held at the airport in Turkey because of a U.S paper (since it was a copy).. It's just that I want to find what other people might say about a non-immigrant visa that's all. After all, she wants to get a Masters in U.S. But with our situation I think it is very likely for her to be rejected for that type of visa from Warsaw..

Timeline

Thank you Slim & SMR for your comments.

Yes, I had never been to this country before and I'm finding some of the things difficult like this apostille stuff..

Smr, as you mentioned travelling to/from Turkey/Belarus is not that hard at all. That's why after my first visit I took her with me to Turkey and then I came back here to Belarus. Right now, the biggest obstacle for us was to see each other when I get back to U.S in March but looks like, me going to Belarus, or for her to come to Turkey would be other options for us to get together.

I wish everyone luck with their paperworks especially when the couples are away from each other.. That really sucks...

Timeline

Thank you for your suggestion. I will probably do that when I get back to Delaware in March. I will check the other posts but it looks like I have a little problem here. I have my marriage certificate from Delaware with me. But I have not been able to get it apostilled. We were told to get an apostille for our document in order for the marriage bureau in Belarus to recognize this marriage (that way, she can get my last name and hopefully, there won't be mistakes on U.S applications.. As a person who dealt different type of visas and lost 8 months because of a misspell on my green card, I want to start this process right.)

Anyways, as an example, the U.S Consulate in Istanbul can authorize this paper but not the U.S Consulate in Minsk. I got an email from the embassy in Minsk today telling me that I have to do it through the State Court in Delaware.. Quite odd.. But somehow I will find a way..

Yes, I'll say hi to him if they let me.. :P

If you got married in Delaware, you have no need for Apostille for the I130. You are dealing with US, and they won't require it.

Don't change her name on passports in Belarus, its a wild goose chase. She can change her name after she comes to the US and if she wants to renew her Belarus Passport and change her name to her married name while she is in the US, you get the Apostille from the State of Delaware . Then she applies to the Belarus consulate in NY or DC which ever office handles the area in the states you live in. You will find that process much easier than mailing documents to and from Minsk.

Timeline

No actually we got married in Delaware after a beautiful summer together.

I do know some about the immigration process this past 11 years since I had dealt with numerous different type of papers, my attorney's misspelling messes and one time being held at the airport in Turkey because of a U.S paper (since it was a copy).. It's just that I want to find what other people might say about a non-immigrant visa that's all. After all, she wants to get a Masters in U.S. But with our situation I think it is very likely for her to be rejected for that type of visa from Warsaw..

I know this is lots of information, so its confusing. If you want to try the "non-immigrant" VISA that is done in Minsk at the US Embassy. If you want an Immigrant VISA that interview will be held in Warsaw after the I130 is approved and you go through the NVC process. Like we have said, if you are already married the likely hood of getting a non-immigrant VISA is pretty slim.

As for places to meet up while waiting, Turkey is not the only option, but it is less hassle for her. With proper planning and correct documents, travel in the EU is possible. I have found Germany is the most efficient and quickest to answer . Poland is a hassle and a longer process but doable. Italy was also quick and painless with well documented travel itinerary. Austrian Consulate is full of jackasses.

Most consulates in EU want "prepaid" hotel reservations, which simply means getting them to fax you a confirmation of your stay dates to "prove" your travel itinerary. You pay the fee, drop off the documents and come back in 10 days for the VISA. More often than not she will stand in line and get hassled a little and have to make more than one trip to the window, but its not impossible.

Belarus citizens can travel easily to UAE as well as Russia..

Edited by brokenfamily

Timeline

Well, its a fairly common misconception and a widely held one by people with no first or second generation family members that marrying a US Citizen means "automatic" citizenship for the spouse. I am sure this is confusing and complicated to anyone who is not haunting VJ.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.