yunilove

Jakarta Consulate How To?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, and I was wondering if anyone has gone tru the Jakarta Consulate lately?

My fiancee and I have the following questions:

1- What would you suggest we do after receiving NO2?

2- How and where do we receive our Packet 3? (my fiancee lives in a rural area with uncertain mail delivery)

3- How and where do we receive our Packet 4? (same problem as above)

4- Should we get a hotel near by the embassy after receiving packet 3? (this is to make things easier since she lives so far away from Jakarta)

Please, If anyone has gone thru this process in Jakarta we would love to hear from you and pick your brains...

Thanks a MILLION!

K&Y

Timeline

hi K&Y..i am living in rural area too and ive tried to send mail to my house and the mail was failed and came back to my mom's office address..so my fiance and I were using my friend's address for mailing..(if the embassy have to mail something)

but so far i hear from friends in visajourney who got K1 visas said no packet really delivered to our postall address but you as the petition will get email notification about NOA2 and packet about what you should collect (medical check up, police report and so on..)

i am not yet get NOA2 perhaps feb i will get it..are you waiting for NOA2 too?

neno..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

Topic relates to a specific consulate or consulate level processing

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, and I was wondering if anyone has gone tru the Jakarta Consulate lately?

My fiancee and I have the following questions:

1- What would you suggest we do after receiving NO2?

2- How and where do we receive our Packet 3? (my fiancee lives in a rural area with uncertain mail delivery)

3- How and where do we receive our Packet 4? (same problem as above)

4- Should we get a hotel near by the embassy after receiving packet 3? (this is to make things easier since she lives so far away from Jakarta)

Please, If anyone has gone thru this process in Jakarta we would love to hear from you and pick your brains...

Thanks a MILLION!

K&Y

Am still waiting for NOA2 as well. I live in remote area as well. Try mybest to answer according to information that i get so far from here and there.

1. Sending ur NOA2 hard copy to ur fiancee, Collecting Affidavit Support Papers and send them to ur fiancee.

2. We receive Packet 3 in fiance's email.

3. Same answer above.

4. After receiving packet 3, you still wait for a while coz u gonna need to have interview date. So, better just to stay in hotel near by USEM on the day or a day before Interview Date.

There is Indonesian VJ member who just passed her interview date today, Stefanni. Try to contact her for more accurate information. She's nice and helpful.

Hope it helps. Good luck.

Edited by Utha

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Timeline

Thanks for the comliment Utha :P

the answers are :

1. after get your noa2, fill the i-134 form and have it notarized, letter of employment, pay stubs, proof of your assets, proof of your savings in your Bank account, new letter intent to marry.

2. u will get packet 3 through email , US embassy in Jakarta will email u about wht kind of docs your fiancee needs for her interview, forward this email to her and complete all docs quickly

3. after u have completed all docs required, reply the embassy's email and asking for interview date, usually one week after u sent the packet 3

4. after you guys get packet 3 from embassy, make appointment to the doctor directly for medical exam, this time u have to stay at hotel since the medical places are in jakarta.

suggestions :

email the embassy 3 days before u get the medical exam result, so u will not wait too long for interview date

if still have questions, just ask me and i will answer your questions from my experience asap :)

GOOD LUCK !!!

GBU

mtkjlr21hm8.png

beachbottle41241023528.jpg

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

08 june 2010 sent I-129F

10 june 2010 NOA1

15 june 2010 NOA1 Hard copy and touched

02 nov 2010 RFE Email from USCIS

09 nov 2010 RFE Hardcopy

10 nov 2010 mailed back the RFE

16 nov 2010 RFE Response Review

17 nov 2010 Touched "NOA2"

22 nov 2010 NOA2 in the mail

30 nov 2010 NVC sent the case to US embassy in Jakarta

04 Dec 2010 received NVC letter in the mail

08 Dec 2010 Packet 3 received

10 Dec 2010 Medical appointment

14 Dec 2010 Packet 3 sent

15 Dec 2010 Packet 4 received "interview date"

23 Dec 2010 Interview Date, APPROVED !!!

29 Dec 2010 Visa in Hand ^_____^

Timeline

hi K&Y..i am living in rural area too and ive tried to send mail to my house and the mail was failed and came back to my mom's office address..so my fiance and I were using my friend's address for mailing..(if the embassy have to mail something)

but so far i hear from friends in visajourney who got K1 visas said no packet really delivered to our postall address but you as the petition will get email notification about NOA2 and packet about what you should collect (medical check up, police report and so on..)

i am not yet get NOA2 perhaps feb i will get it..are you waiting for NOA2 too?

neno..

Thank you so much for your input Neno...We are soooo nervous about this whole process. Good luck and thank you for the quick reply

Timeline

Thanks for the comliment Utha :P

the answers are :

1. after get your noa2, fill the i-134 form and have it notarized, letter of employment, pay stubs, proof of your assets, proof of your savings in your Bank account, new letter intent to marry.

2. u will get packet 3 through email , US embassy in Jakarta will email u about wht kind of docs your fiancee needs for her interview, forward this email to her and complete all docs quickly

3. after u have completed all docs required, reply the embassy's email and asking for interview date, usually one week after u sent the packet 3

4. after you guys get packet 3 from embassy, make appointment to the doctor directly for medical exam, this time u have to stay at hotel since the medical places are in jakarta.

suggestions :

email the embassy 3 days before u get the medical exam result, so u will not wait too long for interview date

if still have questions, just ask me and i will answer your questions from my experience asap :)

GOOD LUCK !!!

GBU

Thank you Stefanni for your reply and support...and CONGRATULATIONS!!! would you be kind and post the questions asked during your interview, i'm trying to get my fiancee ready for the interview as well, or whatever information you want to share about your experience? THANKS A MILLION!

Timeline

Am still waiting for NOA2 as well. I live in remote area as well. Try mybest to answer according to information that i get so far from here and there.

1. Sending ur NOA2 hard copy to ur fiancee, Collecting Affidavit Support Papers and send them to ur fiancee.

2. We receive Packet 3 in fiance's email.

3. Same answer above.

4. After receiving packet 3, you still wait for a while coz u gonna need to have interview date. So, better just to stay in hotel near by USEM on the day or a day before Interview Date.

There is Indonesian VJ member who just passed her interview date today, Stefanni. Try to contact her for more accurate information. She's nice and helpful.

Hope it helps. Good luck.

You guys are amazing! thank you so much...I wish I had as much knowledge about this process so i can too be helpful to you and others! :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.