montreal girl

INFO FOR MONTREAL BENEFICIARIES

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Yall,

Just wanted to share a bit of info for those who do NOT yet know and are new at starting the whole immigration process.

If you are in Montreal - you are REQUIRED to submit all documents by electronic processing. That means you technically dont HAVE to send an email to NVC to "opt in" for electronic filing. Our lawyer and I wasted over 3 weeks waiting to hear back from the NVC on this matter when all along, we could have just started the process of submitting in the supporting documents to the visa immigration form.

Secondly, the visa immigration form (once your file has been moved to the NVC) for Montreal is now to be submitted ONLINE. And it is NOT the DS-230 form, but the DS-260 form for Montreal. Its is on the website and to be submitted online. You can send all your supporting documents and affadavit of support papers by email in PDF form to nvcelectronic email.

I encourage everyone to call CALL CALL the NVC customer support to get all your questions answered. It might save you from missing a step and getting refused or your case prolonged.....

just some advice :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The DS - 230 is for K-1 thats why.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is a Canada topic moving.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Doesn't need to be two exact posts on this! just need one, plus you should title it IR-1 / CR-1 so people don't get confused..

The DS-230 is for the K-1.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Doesn't need to be two exact posts on this! just need one, plus you should title it IR-1 / CR-1 so people don't get confused..

You just confused me....I used the ds-230 and I was a cr-1.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Edited by Canadiandggal

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NOTE DS-230 is an IMMIGRANT visa application it is used for CR-1 and IR-1, and part one of it is used bu K-1 visa applicants too.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

NOTE DS-230 is an IMMIGRANT visa application it is used for CR-1 and IR-1, and part one of it is used bu K-1 visa applicants too.

DS-230 is NOT used at montreal for CR-1 IR-1. IF you read the original post it is quite clearly stated they do not use it anymore.

Timeline

What?! We just filed the DS-230 for our CR1 as per our instructions and were not informed otherwise. When you say "montreal beneficiaries" are you referring to people living in Montreal or all Canadian beneficiaries using the Montreal consulate?

Timeline

Hey Yall,

Just wanted to share a bit of info for those who do NOT yet know and are new at starting the whole immigration process.

If you are in Montreal - you are REQUIRED to submit all documents by electronic processing. That means you technically dont HAVE to send an email to NVC to "opt in" for electronic filing. Our lawyer and I wasted over 3 weeks waiting to hear back from the NVC on this matter when all along, we could have just started the process of submitting in the supporting documents to the visa immigration form.

Secondly, the visa immigration form (once your file has been moved to the NVC) for Montreal is now to be submitted ONLINE. And it is NOT the DS-230 form, but the DS-260 form for Montreal. Its is on the website and to be submitted online. You can send all your supporting documents and affadavit of support papers by email in PDF form to nvcelectronic email.

I encourage everyone to call CALL CALL the NVC customer support to get all your questions answered. It might save you from missing a step and getting refused or your case prolonged.....

Thank you so much for posting this. Can you tell me what I'm supposed to submit for "beneficiary ID number" on the DS-260 form? I tried to post my NVC case number and it said this was invalid/incorrect.

Timeline

Thank you so much for posting this. Can you tell me what I'm supposed to submit for "beneficiary ID number" on the DS-260 form? I tried to post my NVC case number and it said this was invalid/incorrect.

The beneficiary ID number is supposedly printed on the letter they send you telling you to fill out the DS-260. Of course, since none of us wait to get that form, we don't realize that we need it. You can get your beneficiary ID by calling the NVC and asking for it. At least, that worked for me. The operator had to put me on hold for a few minutes, but then she was able to give it to me.

I've seen people elsewhere saying the beneficiary ID is just the NVC case number without the MTL or GZO or whatever. That is definitely not the case!!

To summarize: If you're in one of the areas that uses the DS-260 and you're calling the NVC to get your invoice ID, do yourself a favor and ask for the beneficiary ID at the same time!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

The Beneficiary ID is a 8 digit number shown on the IV fee bill invoice. It is the third item after the NVC case number and the name of the beneficiary. This is what is shown on my IV bill.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey Yall,

Hi there,

I am a Montrealer doing my interview at the Montreal consulate and we did not do electronic processing. Our case has been completed at NVC since December 30th with no RFEs or complications whatsoever.

Jan 09 - Met online
Jun 09 - Met in person
Apr 10 - Engaged
Jun 5, 10 - Married
July 1, 10 - I-130 Received at USCIS Lockbox
July 8, 10 - Cheque cashed
July 9, 10 - NOA 1
Nov 3, 10 - Touched!
Nov 4, 10 - Touched!
Nov 5, 10 - Approved!! NOA 2 by email

NVC Received File -
Nov 12, 10 - Received Case #/Opted into Electronic Processing DS3032 Sent

Nov 18, 10 - I-864(AOS) fee payment Received
Nov 20, 10 - I-864 (AOS) PAID
Nov 21, 10 - Opted out of Electronic Processing
Nov 23, 10 - Resent DS-3032, Attn Supervisor Sue
Nov 24, 10 - IV Bill Invoiced
Nov 29, 10 - IV Bill Paid
Nov 29, 10 - AOS and IV Forms Sent by Fedex
Nov 30, 10 - AOS and IV Forms Received by NVC (Thank you J. Desmond!)
Dec 8, 10 - AOS and IV Forms Entered into System
Dec 31, 10 - Sign in Failed
Dec 30, 10 - Case Completed
Mar 2, 11 - APPROVED!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!
Mar 12, 11 - POE (Trudeau Airport) I-551 issued!

ROC
Dec 13, 12 - ROC window open
Dec 21, 12 - Sent paperwork to CSC
Dec 26, 12 - Got confirmation of delivery from USPS
Dec 27, 12 - Check goes through
Dec 28, 12 - NOA1!
Jan 30, 13 - Biometrics
Jun 13, 13 - RFE
Jun 16, 13 - RFE response sent
Jul 5, 13 - ROC APPROVED!!! Waiting for new card

Jul 11, 13 - 10 year GC received!!!

Timeline

thats because it is fairly a recent change. Electronic processing is now REQUIRED for all montrealers. You CANNOT mail any physical papers in - they will not accept it.

The only thing is that since you are required anyways to file documents electronically - you do not need to "opt in" and wait 10 days before they accept your request. You can do it immediately.

Also....it is no longer the DS-230 form...it is the DS-260 FORM which is found and submitted online!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.