asuhail12

US Embassy ISL cancelled Interviews

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello All,

I haven't read anything about this but on December 2nd the US embassy in Islamabad did not interview anyone...there were 300+ people and no one got interviewed for some reason. Does anyone have any idea regarding this. I am wondering when they will reschedule the next interview. Please let me know as my wife is waiting for the next scheduled date. If you are experiencing the same situation please do give your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks!

Hello All,

I haven't read anything about this but on December 2nd the US embassy in Islamabad did not interview anyone...there were 300+ people and no one got interviewed for some reason. Does anyone have any idea regarding this. I am wondering when they will reschedule the next interview. Please let me know as my wife is waiting for the next scheduled date. If you are experiencing the same situation please do give your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks!

Maybe they were afraid of protests due to the US conviction of Aafia Siddiqui and the wikileaks that came out Dec. 1 regarding the case. Just a guess

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Timeline

That doesn't make sense. My wife went for the interview that day with other 300+ people and they told everyone sorry but we are not going to interview anyone and we will reschedule. I don't care what the reason was i just want my wife to get the rescheduled date. I am trying to figure out if there is anyone on this forum that is going through the same issue.

Timeline

I am sorry to hear about all this re scheduling interview scanario. You can seach for sunny29 , or look for december interview tread , he faced the same problem ,same day , was asked same thing among 300 others without giving any reason, good luck and may you could be with your wife soon. Sorry im on my phone otherwise would have shared the link of that december interview thread URL

USCIS journey:

07/25/2010 - Nikah Day

11/10/2010 - sent I-130

11/15/2010- Priority Date

11/18/2010- Notice Date

03/16/2011- Case has been updated on website

04/20/2011- Received NOA2 approval email (Finally)

153 days from our NOA1 to NOA2 .

NVC Journey

04/05/2011: Received NVC Case #

05/30/2011 - Emailed DS3032 ( moving at snail's pace i know )

06/03/2011 - AOS fee Paid

06/03/2011 - Acceptance of DS3032

Timeline

hi i saw the thread now after logging in from my pc , decemeber interview dec interview, where sunny29 had the same problem with interview being rescheduked, he got the next interview date of jan 3. do check this thread out for more info or contact sunny29.

hope it helps

Edited by Sarah101

USCIS journey:

07/25/2010 - Nikah Day

11/10/2010 - sent I-130

11/15/2010- Priority Date

11/18/2010- Notice Date

03/16/2011- Case has been updated on website

04/20/2011- Received NOA2 approval email (Finally)

153 days from our NOA1 to NOA2 .

NVC Journey

04/05/2011: Received NVC Case #

05/30/2011 - Emailed DS3032 ( moving at snail's pace i know )

06/03/2011 - AOS fee Paid

06/03/2011 - Acceptance of DS3032

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That doesn't make sense. My wife went for the interview that day with other 300+ people and they told everyone sorry but we are not going to interview anyone and we will reschedule. I don't care what the reason was i just want my wife to get the rescheduled date. I am trying to figure out if there is anyone on this forum that is going through the same issue.

hello

yes email embassy and OIG.gov. for that issue also i send fax from my work(USA) the email i send i posted on DEC interview post please check.

feel free to contact.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/279519-december-interviews/page__st__285

post number 298

Timeline

Thanks everyone...if there is anyone else please give me feedback.

Sunny i have e-mailed you please advise what should i do. I have e-mailed them and they e-mailed back saying 'please wait we will inform the applicant about the scheduled date soon' and now it's been 8 days. My wife e-mailed them about 4 days ago and no response.

Please advise what i should do next...they never pick up their phones when we call..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks everyone...if there is anyone else please give me feedback.

Sunny i have e-mailed you please advise what should i do. I have e-mailed them and they e-mailed back saying 'please wait we will inform the applicant about the scheduled date soon' and now it's been 8 days. My wife e-mailed them about 4 days ago and no response.

Please advise what i should do next...they never pick up their phones when we call..

hello

1. embassy call my wife and told her to keep the same interview appiontment letter for 1/3/11 but no emails.

2. you can emailed pakivquery@state.gov them and also CC the emailed to oighotline@state.gov

3. first right the email on micorsoft words then put in to email. copy my email and do some changes and make sure rigth the name and all info of your wife which mention on interview letter.

4. emailed them also fax .

oighotline@state.gov all embassy / consulate under work with this department

Office of Inspector General

Office of Public Affairs

Department of Health and Human Services

Room 5541 Cohen Building

330 Independence Avenue, S.W.

Washington, D.C. 20201

Edited by sunny29

No reason attacking someone who was actually responding to a question in your thread of wondering what happened that day. Good luck in your rescheduling.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.