Mikhail

NSO MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE(MARRIED ABROAD)

3 posts in this topic

I already sent in the required documentaion to the philippine consulate in hong kong about a month ago(we were married in hong kong) so does my wife just go to the NSO and ask for a copy of our marriage certificate and if they can pull it up that means it has been reported successfully? My other question is that one of the requirements for my wife to attend the guidance program is to have our marriage contract "duly authenticated", is it duly authenticated when it is made available at the nso? or is that an entirely seperate process? Is number 3 just a complicated, confusing way of just saying u need a copy of ur marriage certificate from the nso and then a fotocopy of it made at like a kinkos or something? Any help or advice from someone in the same boat as me would help

Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program

1.Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;

2.Duly completed guidance and counseling form;

3.If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad) 4.Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and

5.Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

If I am not mistaken, when a document is duly authenticated, it will have a red ribbon around it. Someone can correct me if I am wrong...

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

I already sent in the required documentaion to the philippine consulate in hong kong about a month ago(we were married in hong kong) so does my wife just go to the NSO and ask for a copy of our marriage certificate and if they can pull it up that means it has been reported successfully? My other question is that one of the requirements for my wife to attend the guidance program is to have our marriage contract "duly authenticated", is it duly authenticated when it is made available at the nso? or is that an entirely seperate process? Is number 3 just a complicated, confusing way of just saying u need a copy of ur marriage certificate from the nso and then a fotocopy of it made at like a kinkos or something? Any help or advice from someone in the same boat as me would help

Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program

1.Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;

2.Duly completed guidance and counseling form;

3.If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad) 4.Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and

5.Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

You can bring EITHER

1. marriage contract issued on NSO security paper (This is what you get from the NSO after the PH COnsulate-Hong Kong transmits your Report of Marriage record to the NSO)

2. HOng Kong marriage contract authenticated by the PH Consulate-Hong Kong

I was married abroad and just brought my BC (Canada) marriage contract authenticated by the PH COnsulate-Vancouver with me when I attended the CFO (through PRISM) seminar. They accepted it.

As with any other paper work, always bring a list of requirements printed off the agency's/organization's official website in case you do run across an employee who "does not know."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.