Wishing

Getting Canadian Passport Picture in US

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

Well I am gearing up to get a new passport, to have all my travel documents in my married name (yes I know I could wait and leave it but I want to have everything aligned so there's no two ways about it).

I am having trouble finding a place to get Canadian passport pics taken. I went to Walgreens but they didn't have a the stamp for the date and guarantor to sign, as per the Cdn passport pic instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

YOU DON'T NEED AT STAMP, HAVE YOUR PASSPORT PHOTO TAKEN IN THE BACK OF THE PHOTO IN PENCIL PUT YOUR NAME, YOUR DOB, DATE, ALIEN REG NUMBER, PASSPORT SIZE 2 BY 2 WALGREENS OR CVS , OR A PLACE THAT TAKES PHOTOS ,

Timeline

Alien Number isn't applicable...this is for CANADIAN passport...

I am IN the US but want to get CANADIAN passport pics...

Edited by Wishing

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm, I have to do the same thing soon. Are you going to Canada for Xmas by any chance? I think I'm just going to have my pictures taken while I'm visiting.

A few other places to check:

Wal-Mart

Sears

Costco

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

I had to find a professional photography place and have them do the photos. They had a stamp with their information and they stamped the back of the photos and also dated it. Kinkos and Walgreens did not take high enough quality as my first application for passport was rejected based on that.

Timeline

Sweet thanks guys...I'll will try AAA first then move onto a professional photo place:)

Sears Portrait Studio does Canadian passport photos.

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to find a professional photography place and have them do the photos. They had a stamp with their information and they stamped the back of the photos and also dated it. Kinkos and Walgreens did not take high enough quality as my first application for passport was rejected based on that.

This is what I did as well. I went to Wolfe's photography and by rotating the image in the Kodak image processor 90 degrees and enlarging it one step they were able to get the head the right size to meet Canadian standards. They then just hand cut it to the right dimensions (I brought the criteria and the ruler!), put their own store stamp on the back and hand dated it. I had no problems.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I try to find a place, no luck. I called the passport office in Canada, they do take 2x2. Saving alot of troubles.

AAA and rite aid have a better camera than wallgreen. WG make blury pictures that can be rejected. Beware of shadow in back, the camera must be straith in face. Follow all guideline here, except you can do 2x2.

Picture Passport requirements

Filed: Timeline

Try google "Canadian passport photo in YOUR CITY NAME"

I did mine in NYC.

Hello All,

Well I am gearing up to get a new passport, to have all my travel documents in my married name (yes I know I could wait and leave it but I want to have everything aligned so there's no two ways about it).

I am having trouble finding a place to get Canadian passport pics taken. I went to Walgreens but they didn't have a the stamp for the date and guarantor to sign, as per the Cdn passport pic instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm glad you asked this question Wishing! I have to renew my passport soon too!

I might get mine done in Canada though, going up for a visit in July...

Hope all is well Wishing!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had an issue with a Walgreens passport picture when I renewed my passport 3 months ago. I slight reflection on my forehead I hadn't even notice and they returned my application after 2 weeks. They did offer me a complimentary picture to make up for the bad one and I had no problem with it. You might have to cut the picture yourself, most places I called would take the Canadian 2x2 pictures but only had the U.S. size cutter.

I know most big pharmacies in the U.S. have the software to take any international passport pictures, Costco, USPS and AAA as well. Make sure to print and bring the guidelines with you. At most these places, the clerks at the picture counter rarely do international passport picture.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

• 4 months later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just had my wife's Canadian passport picture taken at the local US Postal Service office for $15. They used a fancy camera that actually has templates on its screen for the face size/position requirements of most countries. They used a white background screen and a flash, which left a very small shadow an inch or so below my wife's ears. I hope that isn't going to be a problem. The clerk also stamped both pics with the office name/address, dated both and signed one of them before I could stop her. The instructions I had said nothing about the pictures being signed by the photographer and said only one picture should be stamped/dated, not both. She said most countries want the signature of the photographer. I also just realized she wrote the date but did not prefix it with "Photo taken" like the instructions show in the example. Anyway I hope the pics will be accepted despite all that. They all seem like minor things but sometimes bureaucrats are ridiculous about following instructions exactly.

Also, she only had a cutting device for 2x2 pictures but the instructions call for 2.75x2 so she said we could cut them at home. Since the camera was set to Canadian template it printed 2.75x2 (actually very slightly smaller so, again, I hope a slight white border isn't a problem). Since the pics weren't cut when she signed one, I noticed the bottom of one letter is going to be cut off when I cut the pic. Blarg. So the Canadian bureaucrats have plenty of little reasons to reject the pics but hopefully it will be ok. The lady at the post office mentioned that some countries charge exorbitant rates like $300 per application and if they reject your pictures they make you pay $300 again to submit new ones! So at least that's not a problem with Canada.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.