112 posts in this topic

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Saylin,

Congratulations on your approval. Wish your processing at NVC is quick. I sent the DS260 on Jan 6 and emailed all the documents the same day, so far no updates.

Thanks

Thanks! Can't wait to get an NVC case number to finally start this NVC process!

Wow, that's been quite awhile with no CC yet. Usually it only takes 2 weeks or so after sending in everything. Although, I had read of a lot of closings due to weather this month, so that might have impacted it. Hope you get your CC soon though!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Really? Will they atleast mail the documents back lol?

im not sure. Maybe you can ask them to send the stuff directly to the consulate since they are originals I assume. Better just call the NVC on monday first thing to get it sorted out. :)

Timeline

im not sure. Maybe you can ask them to send the stuff directly to the consulate since they are originals I assume. Better just call the NVC on monday first thing to get it sorted out. :)

thats the plan, thanks!

USCIS

09/15/2010 - I130 Submitted

09/17/2010 - I130 Delivered (USPS Delivery Confirmation)

09/21/2010 - I130 USCIS Received I130 Email & Text

09/24/2010 - Form I-797C Received NOA1 Letter

12/20/2010 - Form I-797C Recieved NOA2 Petition Has Been Approved! (87 Days Since NOA1)

NVC

12/28/2010 - Case number and IIN generated

12/29/2010 - DS-261 Submitted (Online Choice of Agent) Submitted

12/30/2010 - AOS fee paid

01/07/2011 - IV fee paid

01/14/2011 - DS-260 Completed (Online IV Application)

01/24/2011 - AOS Package Received (Stupid snow storm delayed it)

01/27/2011 - Civil Documents for DS-260 received

02/01/2011 - Re Submitted DS-260 (Wrong number entered as Beneficiary ID)

02/10/2011 - AVR Says RFE for civil documents (False RFE, just had to wait for wife's package to be reviewed)

02/14/2011 - Sign In FAIL!

02/15/2011 - Case Complete!!!!

03/01/2011 - Interview Date Assigned (well 1:18am on March 2 best wake up ever!)

US CONSULATE - MONTREAL

03/23/2011 - Medical - Complete PASSED!

04/08/2011 - Interview

00/00/2011 - Visa Received

00/00/2011 - POE

Timeline

haha had me worried with the first CSR, he said i couldnt do the ds260 cause we didnt do electronic processing and had already mailed in our documents etc, however didnt seem right to me as its not electronic processing so i called back hoping for a different rep and sure enough she explained it clear as day, that everything is fine since we did the ds260 and we basically just have to wait and to call back in 2 weeks and see how things are going. im so excited!!! i think i will call back next week haha, however i frequent the AVR system daily lol. I think they seriously need to update there systems to distinguish the DS230/DS260 etc to avoid confusing themselves as well as us.

We got a checklist for the exact same thing. We did not do electronic processing and filled out the DS-260. I sent in my documents with the original package and called after we were notified of the checklist. I talked to a CSR and she argued with me for 15 min on how we HAD to do the DS-230 not the DS-260 because we didnt opt in for EP. I explained to her about the change and she still said we have to fill out the DS-230. I filled it out and sent it in and specifically mentioned on your cover letter that they had already received the original documents needed.

After that was received, we got another checklist because they were missing my police clearance. However, they lost it. I sent it in...I triple checked that package before sending it off originally. They didnt take responsibility for losing it, just kept saying it was missing. I had to get a new one done and send it in.

Both checklists delayed our NVC process by a month.

Edited by Heather&Matt

Met in 2004 at a Dave Matthews Band concert, started dating November 2005, engaged February 2009 and married November 14, 2009. Together in the US on March 19th 2011

CR-1 journey

USCIS: (170 days)

2010-03-27: I-130 sent

2010-09-23: NOA2

NVC: (93 days)

2010-10-06: NVC Case Number assigned

2011-01-05: SIF and Case Completion!

2011-02-15: Medical in Toronto

2011-03-07: Interview approved (335 days from NOA1)

2011-03-10: Passport received

2011-03-19: POE - Buffalo, NY

2011-03-28: SSN received

2011-03-31: USCIS Welcome

2011-04-05: Conditional Green Card received

2012-11-30: Notice to file I-751 received

2012-12-12: I-751 (Remove of Conditions) sent

2013-08-16: Conditions removed. 10 year Permanent Resident Card received

Timeline

The originals are forwarded to the consulate and you get them back at the interview....

Met in 2004 at a Dave Matthews Band concert, started dating November 2005, engaged February 2009 and married November 14, 2009. Together in the US on March 19th 2011

CR-1 journey

USCIS: (170 days)

2010-03-27: I-130 sent

2010-09-23: NOA2

NVC: (93 days)

2010-10-06: NVC Case Number assigned

2011-01-05: SIF and Case Completion!

2011-02-15: Medical in Toronto

2011-03-07: Interview approved (335 days from NOA1)

2011-03-10: Passport received

2011-03-19: POE - Buffalo, NY

2011-03-28: SSN received

2011-03-31: USCIS Welcome

2011-04-05: Conditional Green Card received

2012-11-30: Notice to file I-751 received

2012-12-12: I-751 (Remove of Conditions) sent

2013-08-16: Conditions removed. 10 year Permanent Resident Card received

Hello Saylin,

Congrats. Good to know that you are in NVC system now. Wish you all the best.

Thanks! Sent off my opt-in email tonight. Waiting for the CEAC to update so I can fill out and submit the DS-261.

Timeline

We got a checklist for the exact same thing. We did not do electronic processing and filled out the DS-260. I sent in my documents with the original package and called after we were notified of the checklist. I talked to a CSR and she argued with me for 15 min on how we HAD to do the DS-230 not the DS-260 because we didnt opt in for EP. I explained to her about the change and she still said we have to fill out the DS-230. I filled it out and sent it in and specifically mentioned on your cover letter that they had already received the original documents needed.

After that was received, we got another checklist because they were missing my police clearance. However, they lost it. I sent it in...I triple checked that package before sending it off originally. They didnt take responsibility for losing it, just kept saying it was missing. I had to get a new one done and send it in.

Both checklists delayed our NVC process by a month.

Ahhh that sucks! I had 2 different CSRs tell me 2 different things, one said I HAVE to do the DS-230 because we did not opt in for EP. The other said oh well since youre going through montreal all you need to do is the DS-260 and give us a call back on Feb 10 to see how were doing, so I will call back probably this friday and see where things are going, and then I will call again on the 10th and see if theres any progress or what not. I am hoping we will not have to send in the DS-230 I read on the site it specifically says not to send in a DS-230 if previously completed a DS-260 as it will cause delays, also on the online application website it says "If you have not already done so, submit your supporting documentation (as listed on the Documents The Applicant Must Submit web page) to the National Visa Center. Upon receipt of your supporting documentation, the National Visa Center will review your DS-260." so we will see where this goes. The CSR told me that they received some mail from us last week but she is not sure what it was or anything so now I guess the waiting game continues.

Edited by zachm611

USCIS

09/15/2010 - I130 Submitted

09/17/2010 - I130 Delivered (USPS Delivery Confirmation)

09/21/2010 - I130 USCIS Received I130 Email & Text

09/24/2010 - Form I-797C Received NOA1 Letter

12/20/2010 - Form I-797C Recieved NOA2 Petition Has Been Approved! (87 Days Since NOA1)

NVC

12/28/2010 - Case number and IIN generated

12/29/2010 - DS-261 Submitted (Online Choice of Agent) Submitted

12/30/2010 - AOS fee paid

01/07/2011 - IV fee paid

01/14/2011 - DS-260 Completed (Online IV Application)

01/24/2011 - AOS Package Received (Stupid snow storm delayed it)

01/27/2011 - Civil Documents for DS-260 received

02/01/2011 - Re Submitted DS-260 (Wrong number entered as Beneficiary ID)

02/10/2011 - AVR Says RFE for civil documents (False RFE, just had to wait for wife's package to be reviewed)

02/14/2011 - Sign In FAIL!

02/15/2011 - Case Complete!!!!

03/01/2011 - Interview Date Assigned (well 1:18am on March 2 best wake up ever!)

US CONSULATE - MONTREAL

03/23/2011 - Medical - Complete PASSED!

04/08/2011 - Interview

00/00/2011 - Visa Received

00/00/2011 - POE

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question for those of you that have had to do the ds-260 instead of the 230. Did you file your I-130 in the US or in Canada? I have received all of my information and have MTL case #'s but nowhere other than here have I seen anything about needed to fill out the ds-260. We filed in Canada at our local consulate.

I have a question for those of you that have had to do the ds-260 instead of the 230. Did you file your I-130 in the US or in Canada? I have received all of my information and have MTL case #'s but nowhere other than here have I seen anything about needed to fill out the ds-260. We filed in Canada at our local consulate.

All of us here in this thread, as far as I know, filed the I-130 in the USA. Since you filed DCF, I have no idea what forms are required. I'd suggest asking in the DCF forum here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/82-direct-consular-filing-dcf-general-discussion/ They'll know more about it.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

All of us here in this thread, as far as I know, filed the I-130 in the USA. Since you filed DCF, I have no idea what forms are required. I'd suggest asking in the DCF forum here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/82-direct-consular-filing-dcf-general-discussion/ They'll know more about it.

OK thanks! Sorry, if I replied where I wasn't suppose to, but the forum is IR-1 visa's, which is the same visa we are applying for, but just a different route, realizing how many different ways there are to do the same thing :S

OK thanks! Sorry, if I replied where I wasn't suppose to, but the forum is IR-1 visa's, which is the same visa we are applying for, but just a different route, realizing how many different ways there are to do the same thing :S

Don't be sorry! You are filing an IR-1 visa, so it's not like you're not allowed to post in here. I just don't know how similar or how different the DCF process is, that's why I suggested the DCF forum since they'll probably know a lot more than those that aren't filing DCF.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so i'm confused...

I called the NVC to get out case number and INN number and give them our emails.

We received email correspondence from them including a letter telling us to pay the AOS fee online. We did that and also received the DS3032 by email.

When I logged in online, to CEAC, I saw that I could submit DS-261, which I did. As soon as the AOS fee went through, we mailed our I-864 express mail.

The IV fee became available and we paid that.

Then the DS-260 was generated online. I emailed our civil documents by PDF after submitting the DS-260.

We got a couple emails including one that says:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC has received documentation for this case. As soon as this file has been reviewed, notification will be sent.

If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact with the NVC (by email, telephone or mail), all submitted fees and documents will expire. In that case, your fees will need to be repaid and documents will need to be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process."

and includes our NVC number, and the Montreal Consulate information. We're filing for a CR1

I called NVC today to make sure everything was going right, and the guy i talked to said they had no record of me trying to do electronic processing and that until I did that my case wouldn't be processed. We WEREN'T trying to do electronic processing, but since we're going through Montreal, I think we HAVE to submit the DS-260?

Right now, they have record of me submitting the choice of agent online, and our fees are paid...

Then he started to get rude...so now I don't know what to do...

HELP!

Ok, so i'm confused...

I called the NVC to get out case number and INN number and give them our emails.

We received email correspondence from them including a letter telling us to pay the AOS fee online. We did that and also received the DS3032 by email.

When I logged in online, to CEAC, I saw that I could submit DS-261, which I did. As soon as the AOS fee went through, we mailed our I-864 express mail.

The IV fee became available and we paid that.

Then the DS-260 was generated online. I emailed our civil documents by PDF after submitting the DS-260.

We got a couple emails including one that says:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC has received documentation for this case. As soon as this file has been reviewed, notification will be sent.

If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact with the NVC (by email, telephone or mail), all submitted fees and documents will expire. In that case, your fees will need to be repaid and documents will need to be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process."

and includes our NVC number, and the Montreal Consulate information. We're filing for a CR1

I called NVC today to make sure everything was going right, and the guy i talked to said they had no record of me trying to do electronic processing and that until I did that my case wouldn't be processed. We WEREN'T trying to do electronic processing, but since we're going through Montreal, I think we HAVE to submit the DS-260?

Right now, they have record of me submitting the choice of agent online, and our fees are paid...

Then he started to get rude...so now I don't know what to do...

HELP!

Ok, you have to remember, there's a difference between electronic processing and online forms. Electronic processing, as it says on the NVC website, is still optional for Montreal, whereas the online forms are required.

Electronic processing, you send an email to optin then you EMAIL the I-864 package and DS-260 supporting documents. If you don't optin, you can't email documents.

Online forms are the DS-261 and the DS-260 which you submitted. They're both required by everyone going through Montreal now that used to submit the DS-3032 and DS-230.

I'd call up the operator again. Explain to him the difference between EP and online forms. Montreal is special since they do things differently than other countries. You HAD to send in the DS-261 and the DS-260. EP is still optional.

Edited by Saylin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.