flipilychee820

I-751 Affidavits and pictures

8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the Affidavits that you can send for I-751. I want to send an affidavit from my friend. But she was my co-worker at the previous job that I had. I am the one who has the conditional green card. My husband and I thought about people who were close to us and I thought about my friend, she said it's fine with her but does it make a difference if the affidavit comes from a friend who is closer to me than my husband but we went out a couple of times with her and she fairly knows about our relationship. We have two from his friends already, all of them are close to us. All of the samples I see are made by ones who are close with the US citizen. I am also looking for an example affidavit, does anyone have any? adn Do they need to be notarized? And how did you send your pictures? I think that it would be too bulky when we send a photo album. our 90 day window started last sunday oct.31 but i didn't think that the pictures would not make it in time. I have been stressing for weeks about this I-751 on top of finding a job. Thank you in advance for all your replies.

8.20.08-married :D:D:D

10.08 - forms I-485 and I-130 submitted through lawyer

11.08- biometrics

12.2008- appointment for interview received

01.04.09- EAD card received

01.28.09- interview for AOS

02.05.09- AOS approval letter and welcome note! yey!

02.12.09- GC recieved! :D (wrong middle name spelling)

02.15.09- moving out of in-laws' house.

confused if i have to change address first or have GC corrections

An affidavit needs to be clear on how that person knows the both of you, and the details of their knowledge of your marriage. Anyone who is anyone can write an affidavit for you, as long as they can attest to your marriage.

USCIS can disregard it from the evidence if they don't see it fit.

Affidavits are not required and only recommended, so you do not need to worry too much about it... just have your friend give you one and move on to other important evidence items.

There is an example affdavit on VJ example forms (http://www.visajourney.com/examples/USCIS_I751_Affidavit.doc)

They do not need to be notarized.

I printed 4 pictures on an 8.5x11 paper, included dates, titles, and descriptions of each picture...

HTH

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

I would just like to throw in my thoughts...

For the affidavits, I guess the important thing is to show how this person could have attested to your valid relationship, lets say spend with them quite a lot, etc.. and also make sure that she puts in contact information as well..

FOr the photos, what i did is arrange the pics in a timeline manner by date, most important moment that could attest to the marriage, covering the last two years of the marriage. Filename for each photo would describe what that event was for or where it was taken and date, and then printed it off as thumbnails in walmart. I submitted like 60 photos in thumbnails but it's only 2 pages of printed photos. It may be small but i think enough to show as proof. I don't think they care enough to really look at those in big size anyway.

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

Jul 23, 2008 ---> Mailed AOS, EAD and AP package

July 27, 2008 ---> check cleared

Jul 29, 2008 ---> NOA Date

Aug 2, 2008 ---> received confirmation mail for AOS, EAD and AP

Aug 9, 2008 ---> received biometrics appointment letter

Aug 21, 2008 ---> BIOMETRICS schedule at 3 pm

Aug 12, 2008 ---> took Biometrics in advance as a walk in

Aug 12, 2008 ---> touched

Aug 18, 2008 ---> I-485 notice of transfer to CSC

Sept 23, 2008 ---> touched

Nov 18, 2008 ---> GC RECEIVED!!!

EAD

Sept 30, 2008 ---> Card production ordered <expect to receive within 30 days>

Oct 11, 2008 ---> EAD received

AP

Sept 30, 2008 ---> AP approved <NOA mailed>

Oct 10, 2008 ---> AP received

ROC

Oct 11, 2010 ---> Mailed ROC packet

Oct 12, 2010 ---> Signed for and received by destination

Oct 14, 2010 ---> Money order cashed

Oct 18, 2010 ---> NOA1 received in mail

Nov 15, 2010 ---> Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

Jan 28, 2011 ---> ROC approved

Jan 31, 2011 ---> Card mailed out

Feb 2, 2011 ---> Card received in the mail.

An affidavit needs to be clear on how that person knows the both of you, and the details of their knowledge of your marriage. Anyone who is anyone can write an affidavit for you, as long as they can attest to your marriage.

USCIS can disregard it from the evidence if they don't see it fit.

Affidavits are not required and only recommended, so you do not need to worry too much about it... just have your friend give you one and move on to other important evidence items.

There is an example affdavit on VJ example forms (http://www.visajourney.com/examples/USCIS_I751_Affidavit.doc)

They do not need to be notarized.

I printed 4 pictures on an 8.5x11 paper, included dates, titles, and descriptions of each picture...

HTH

Thank you for the reply and the link to the example. My friend was not at our wedding,but we went out a couple of times with her. I've always read that the affidavits are not as important as the other documents. So I guess it's ok if she's makes us one.

We already have a couple of other evidences, 4 bank statements, tax returns, 401 K, health plans, 2 Credit cards, Costco cards, car registration, car title, comcast,vonage and att bills, 2years rent contract. my only problem now is the pics. Did you guys include your wedding Pics? i included some..

My husband was able to add me in the car insurance. Since i just got my license last August, We only called in now to see if he can add me, and we also added a phone service and he added me in a new credit card just this October. Do you think I need to explain these things as to why it's only now that he added me in these things? Like for the Phone, we always relied on our mobile phones but the signal got crappy. I'm just too freaked out and nervous. I worry a lot too. Our window opened last October 31 and I am freaking out because we haven't sent them. The pictures are not done either. It might take next week to get them done. And i am freaking out because it's a week after the window opened. Sorry for being such a worry wart.. but thank you..It is well appreciated.:)

How come your filing location was at Vermont but you live in San Jose, Ca. I live in San Jose too:D

to T_and A: The idea for the pics was actually a good idea.we are thinking of using a flap instead of a photo album, :)

Edited by flipilychee820

11.08- biometrics

Thank you for the reply and the link to the example. My friend was not at our wedding,but we went out a couple of times with her. I've always read that the affidavits are not as important as the other documents. So I guess it's ok if she's makes us one.

We already have a couple of other evidences, 4 bank statements, tax returns, 401 K, health plans, 2 Credit cards, Costco cards, car registration, car title, comcast,vonage and att bills, 2years rent contract. my only problem now is the pics. Did you guys include your wedding Pics? i included some..

My husband was able to add me in the car insurance. Since i just got my license last August, We only called in now to see if he can add me, and we also added a phone service and he added me in a new credit card just this October. Do you think I need to explain these things as to why it's only now that he added me in these things? Like for the Phone, we always relied on our mobile phones but the signal got crappy. I'm just too freaked out and nervous. I worry a lot too. Our window opened last October 31 and I am freaking out because we haven't sent them. The pictures are not done either. It might take next week to get them done. And i am freaking out because it's a week after the window opened. Sorry for being such a worry wart.. but thank you..It is well appreciated.:)

How come your filing location was at Vermont but you live in San Jose, Ca. I live in San Jose too:D

to T_and A: The idea for the pics was actually a good idea.we are thinking of using a flap instead of a photo album, :)

Hi,

From the list of evidence you are mentioning, I wouldn't worry too much about pictures or affidavits.

Yes - you should include a cover letter and explain briefly the type of evidence you included, other evidence that normally would be there that is not (if you have any), and some evidence that requires explanation, such as your DL and insurance. It makes perfect sense not to be included on the insurance if you do not have a DL until now, and that should be mentioned in the cover letter and the evidence included in the package.

One thing I know USCIS likes to see is continuity. You mentioned 4 bank statements, but are they spanning the last two years or just the most recent. What I mean with continuity, is they like to see evidence that traces back to when you got married and received your GC until now, so basically a statement every 3, 4, or 6 months to establish a good timeline.

As for the pictures - yes, we included a few wedding pictures..

By the way, as long as you send them before your GC expires, then there is no problem and you don't need to freak out... you have plenty of time. We sent our application 1 month before the GC expired and we had no problems.

Oh, I moved recently to San Jose and my previous application went to Vermont... I knew it looked weird.... :P

HTH

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I had the same two people who sent affedavits the first time do them again to validate our continuing relationship. I sent it two pages of photos, printed in color, with headlines and dates on them as well. I sent in a lot less this time because I'm pretty sure I over-did it before.

K-1 AOS

02/03/06: Met in Mexico!

04/25/08: Sarah entered US @ Dallas POE - NO PROBLEMS!

05/23/08: Applied for SS#

05/23/08: Marriage License

05/30/08: Received SS card

06/07/08: Wedding

06/20/08: Applied for new SS# with married name

06/27/08: Received new SS card with married name

06/30/08: I-485 AOS packet sent to Chicago

07/01/08: I-485 AOS packet received by CHIBA/RECEPTION (1 day)

07/08/08: I-485 check cashed by USCIS (9 days)

07/11/08: Received NOA's - 4 letters - I-485 NOA, EAD NOA, AP NOA, Biometrics Appt. (12 days)

07/29/08: Biometrics Appt. 11am (30 days)

07/29/08: I-485 Application transferred to CSC (30 days)

08/04/08: Received Transfer Notice in mail from CSC (36 days)

09/03/08: Touched - Email - I-485 AOS Card Production Ordered (66 days)

09/04/08: Touched - Email - Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident (67 days)

09/04/08: Received AP in the mail (67 days)

09/05/08: Touched - Email - EAD approved (68 days)

09/08/08: Received EAD in the mail (71 days)

09/09/08: Touched - Email - I-485 AOS Approval Notice Sent (72 days)

09/09/08: Received notice in the mail welcoming new permanent resident (72 days)

09/10/08: Received GREEN CARD in th email (73 days)

We didn't send in any pictures or affidavits and we were approved on 10/28! I would say it depends on how convincing your other documents are.

Good luck!

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

Hi,

From the list of evidence you are mentioning, I wouldn't worry too much about pictures or affidavits.

Yes - you should include a cover letter and explain briefly the type of evidence you included, other evidence that normally would be there that is not (if you have any), and some evidence that requires explanation, such as your DL and insurance. It makes perfect sense not to be included on the insurance if you do not have a DL until now, and that should be mentioned in the cover letter and the evidence included in the package.

One thing I know USCIS likes to see is continuity. You mentioned 4 bank statements, but are they spanning the last two years or just the most recent. What I mean with continuity, is they like to see evidence that traces back to when you got married and received your GC until now, so basically a statement every 3, 4, or 6 months to establish a good timeline.

As for the pictures - yes, we included a few wedding pictures..

By the way, as long as you send them before your GC expires, then there is no problem and you don't need to freak out... you have plenty of time. We sent our application 1 month before the GC expired and we had no problems.

Oh, I moved recently to San Jose and my previous application went to Vermont... I knew it looked weird.... :P

HTH

thanks for the answers v333k. :) the first 2 accounts are his old accounts but when we got married, he added me as a secondary joint owner of the 2 accounts. we actually presented this evidence when we were interviewed. Then when we moved to our new place, in 2009, we opened 2 other accounts so I think that well represents our finances for the past 2 years. We will just probably have to print out statements every 4 months for each account.

Thanks for the encouragement. :) To all who replied, it is well appreciated.

11.08- biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.