Lisa011

Overstayed Visa Waiver married to U.S Citizen

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, you know, if it weren't for politics, war, and allegiances, we probably wouldn't have the visa waiver, which leads to the "fast track". B-)

I don't consider the BIA rulings you refer to as "taking the teeth" out of the INA. The intent of IRCA in 1986 was to cut down on fraudulent immigration to the US. It seems to me this particular batch of case law takes the common sense approach that if the marriage looks legitimate to the AO, then no fraud was perpetrated. Conditional residency was supposed to take out any "fast track to a greencard". I personally think there is far more abuse of the system at this stage.

I used to get really stirred up about people who adjusted via the visa waiver. I guess it just doesn't bother me anymore. As I see it, they are still following the legal path. It's a different path than we took, but so what? By far I believe they take a riskier path than we did. So that's on them and not me. I don't consider the "speed" they gain to be worth my angst.

I will put the smack-down on anybody I believe is plotting it. :P

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline

You click on the thumbnail image, and then on "send me a message."

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Estonia
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am in very similar situation - overstayed VW for few months now.

My fiancee currently is PR and filed his papers for citizenship few weeks ago.

So I'll be trying to adjust my status somewhere in May-June (hopefully).

Today I talked to my lawyer and he explained, that New York office is still adjusting VW overstayers, though Newark office turns them down. Since we reside in NJ, we have to move to NY to file docs in more liberal NY office.

I wonder if we actually have to move. What can be used as proof of address for immigration-related paperwork?

Hello everyone!

I am in very similar situation - overstayed VW for few months now.

My fiancee currently is PR and filed his papers for citizenship few weeks ago.

So I'll be trying to adjust my status somewhere in May-June (hopefully).

Today I talked to my lawyer and he explained, that New York office is still adjusting VW overstayers, though Newark office turns them down. Since we reside in NJ, we have to move to NY to file docs in more liberal NY office.

I wonder if we actually have to move. What can be used as proof of address for immigration-related paperwork?

I am not familir with VWP.

I recommend you to make a own topic. some Visajourney users will give you information.

<AOS>

11/20 (DAY 0): sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (USPS priority mail)

11/22 (DAY 2): delivered

12/2 (DAY 12): received NOA (e-mai)

12/3 (DAY 13): touched (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/6 (DAY 16): received NOA (hard copy)

12/14 (DAY 24): received biometric appointment letter (schedule: 01/04/2011)

12/23 (DAY 33): biometric done (walk-in)

1/10 (DAY 51): received interview appointment letter (issued: 01/05/2011) (schedule: 02/08/2011)

2/7 (DAY 79): received e-mail for EAD (production) and AP (post decision)

2/8 (DAY 80): interview

2/10 (DAY82): received RFE for I-485 (issued: 02/08/2011, due date: 03/09/2011)

2/11 (DAY83): sent the documentation for RFE

2/12 (DAY84): received AP

2/14 (DAY86): received approval letter for I-130 (issued: 02/09/2011)

2/16 (DAY88): received EAD

2/23 (DAY95): called USCIS (Useless)

3/2 (DAY102): infopass in the morning (The officer told me my case became post decision activity in their internal sysyem on Mar. 1st.) received e-mail in the afternoon, GC production order.

3/7 (DAY107): received WELCOME LETTER

3/11 (DAY111): received GC

<ROC>

12/4 (DAY 0): sent I-751 (USPS priority mail)

12/6 (DAY 2): delivered

12/7 (DAY 3): NOA

12/12 (DAY 8): received NOA (hard copy)

12/17 (DAY 13): received biometric appointment letter (schedule: 01/04/2013)

12/18 (DAY 14): biometric done (walk-in) due to travel schedule

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.