Ambient25

Advice on obtaining a tourist visa to America as a Chinese person

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I am looking for advice from anyone who has dealt with this kind of situation before.

I am American, my gf is Chinese. Our situation is strongly based on emotions, I have to admit. I say this because I have to leave China abruptly because I have been diagnosed with cancer. Otherwise, I would spend my life here with her. So, because life has thrown me a curve ball, my gf would like to come to America (as a tourist) to visit me and aid in my recovery, asap. It will be emotional torture to go through recovery with my girl half way around the world.

But I am not posting this looking for sympathy. I just want to know, what kind of tips can people offer to my gf so she can obtain a tourist visa to see me?

Should she bring a bank statement to show how much money she has? A letter from her University showing she intends to come back to study? Proof of a return ticket? All three? All three and more? Maybe an invitation letter (from me)?

Any help would be great!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I am looking for advice from anyone who has dealt with this kind of situation before.

I am American, my gf is Chinese. Our situation is strongly based on emotions, I have to admit. I say this because I have to leave China abruptly because I have been diagnosed with cancer. Otherwise, I would spend my life here with her. So, because life has thrown me a curve ball, my gf would like to come to America (as a tourist) to visit me and aid in my recovery, asap. It will be emotional torture to go through recovery with my girl half way around the world.

But I am not posting this looking for sympathy. I just want to know, what kind of tips can people offer to my gf so she can obtain a tourist visa to see me?

Should she bring a bank statement to show how much money she has? A letter from her University showing she intends to come back to study? Proof of a return ticket? All three? All three and more? Maybe an invitation letter (from me)?

Any help would be great!

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your situation and wish you a speedy recovery.

My fiancee applied for a B2 (tourist visa) a couple of years ago through the consulate in SH. She was very nervous however the process was very straight forward and rather quick and she was successful. While its certainly not easy for a younger single chinese woman to always prove strong ties to China that is what she must do. USCIS assumes that everyone who applies is a potential immigrant and what she'll have to prove is that she isn't. Bank statements, rental agreements, employment contracts, a letter from the university are the types of proof that are sometimes necessary. An invitation letter and itinerary are must. Don't forget that even with the visa she can be turned around at the immigration inspection at her POE so it's advisable to bring all that documentation with her when she arrives in the US.

You've come to the right place for guidance. Some of the senior members are true experts.

The very best of luck to both of you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In your other post you state that she has graduated from University and would like to study in the US. If she is not currently enrolled how would she obtain the letter stating that she is enrolled and would be returning to her studies?

Other strong ties would be property ownership, dependent family members, employment.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Different girlfriends?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.