jjjdddlll

How to send forms in to NVC the right way?

7 posts in this topic

Is it necessary to wait for the NVC to send physicals copies of the forms before you mail them back? Do you just fill everything out and put it in an envelope similar to what we all did for the I-130 or are there certain procedures that need to be taken? I just don`t understand.....

Regards

For example, you can email NVC the DS-3032...is it also a good idea to send in a physical copy? And if so, do you just print on out, get it signed by beneficiary, and mail it in a USPS envelope to NVC?

My main question is the I-864 packet and the DS-230 packet. The petitioner gets these in the mail after they become the agent correct? Then when all the forms are filled out and all the paperwork gathered does it just all go in a USPS envelope or does NVC have a special way of mailing things back to them. When I read "packet" I am imagining a special folder everything goes in....Are I864 and DS-230 sent at the same time or separate?

My apologies for so many questions, but any help is greatly appreciated. Good luck to all, regards

Once you mail in the DS-3032, you can mail in a copy if you want to, but it's not necessary. It's up to you if you want to. If you do though, yes you would print the document out, get the beneficiary to sign it and send it to NVC in an envelope.

Once your AoS bill shows as PAID, mail off the AoS/I-864 documents. Do not wait for NVC to send them to you as it can take awhile. And once your IV bill shows as PAID, mail off the DS-230 documents. Again, do not wait for NVC to send it to you by mail. This will save days during this process.

And there's no special way of mailing things. Just make sure it's all organized and put it in an envelope and mail it off, just like the I-130 you sent off.

Hope that answers all your questions. :D

Once you mail in the DS-3032, you can mail in a copy if you want to, but it's not necessary. It's up to you if you want to. If you do though, yes you would print the document out, get the beneficiary to sign it and send it to NVC in an envelope.

Once your AoS bill shows as PAID, mail off the AoS/I-864 documents. Do not wait for NVC to send them to you as it can take awhile. And once your IV bill shows as PAID, mail off the DS-230 documents. Again, do not wait for NVC to send it to you by mail. This will save days during this process.

And there's no special way of mailing things. Just make sure it's all organized and put it in an envelope and mail it off, just like the I-130 you sent off.

Hope that answers all your questions. :D

It does, thanks a lot for the help. One last thing, if I send it off before NVC mails me the actual papers, that's when I need to print my own barcodes correct? Regards, and good luck.

Learn more from LingChe NVC Shortcuts for IR1/CR1

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

It does, thanks a lot for the help. One last thing, if I send it off before NVC mails me the actual papers, that's when I need to print my own barcodes correct? Regards, and good luck.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

You do need to wait for your bar code before sending the documents and write your case number on each document.

You don't need to wait for the barcodes on the mail NVC sends. You can generate your own. If you read the link that marriedtomrg listed above, it explains it all.

But yes, don't forget to write your case number on ALL documents. Each and every last one of them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.