enzocute

Sputum Test in St. lukes Walkthrough

173 posts in this topic

Good day to all!

i just want to share my experience at st lukes...our NVC case is not yet complete..and at the moment the IV and AOS packet will be send hopefully next week..

I decided to get my medical exam early....(i made a right decision..my X-ray resuts did not turned out well)

not a lucky day for me....sputum test is recommended

i had an sputum test dated Dec 13,14 and 15....

Pulmo evaluation dated: DECEMBER 17 sputum NEGATIVE..."thank God"

then have to wait for culture results on FEB 09 ..

The Doctor said about my lower right lungs, it shows some white lines and suspected for pneumonia.

this is her instruction: an antibiotic for 7 days (clarithromycin and wow thats is so expensive)

and repeat xray on FEB 24 @ 8 am...i am so worried about her instruction...i am very glad that i read all medical journey here....

i already read case like mine at crismae's post...thats so helpful."THANKS SIS"

i just hope that the antibiotic works tru my system...so that for my repeat x-ray would be fine...

THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN....I WILL JUST GIVE AN UPDATE ABOUT MY JOURNEY.....

I had a long journey of this Medical.

Feb 07 - I went there becoz they said there is already results for my culture. But none yet.

Feb 09 - i was present again at St lukes---- CULTURE NEGATIVE. i WAS SCARED FOR THE XRAY COZ THEY SAID IF IT IS GET WORST I WILL REPEAT THE WHOLE PROCEDURE...like getting sputum test again and it will take time again....huhuhuhu...well i hope not that worst..Pls Lord!!

The 24th of February came with so much nervous all over my body. Repeat xray was finished in the morning and i was told to make a call at 4:30 in the afternoon for the results. When i called them i was instructed to come back the next day Feb 25...for the evaluation...my goshhh..this is killing me softly....i dont even know what to think...am i passed or what! But all of my friends here said...everything will be fine...you'll gonna be passed...i wish that easy to convince your self if you're the one on that situation. But i am very thankful with them for always there with me for giving me strength.

Feb 25 7:30- i was really nervous what will doctor will gonna tel me. Wow! I am FINE! They said i can proceed to my immunization today. I was so so so happy and relieved. They called my name for U.S counter for Physical Test again. Then re-peat urine test before getting the vaccine...and finally at 2pm my name called at releasing counter. Now i am sure that i am good to go for my interview. they get my passport and appointment letter to be forwarded to US Embassy Manila. I am so happy and a big smile on my face while i am walking on my way out..and i told to my self "this will be my last day and i have no business with St Lukes any more"

I know this is not easy....I know how it feels....I just want to tell you all guys... always be strong and keep praying.

He has plans for all of us.

Good luck....dont be afraid for anything. God will be there for us always. and he really knows what is best for all of us.

USCIS

05.26.2010 - I-130 NOA1

10.02.2010 - I-129F NOA1

11.02.2010 - I-130 & I-129F APPROVED

NVC

11.04.2010 - Case number assigned

11.15.2010 - IV fee paid

12.16.2010 - AOS fee paid

01.04.2011 - I-864 AOS and DS-230 IV packets sent

01.04.2011 - I-864 AOS and DS-230 IV packets delivered

01.06.2011 - DS-230 IV packet entered into the system

01.06.2011 - I-864 AOS packet entered into the system

01.19.2011 - SIF

01.22.2011 - Case completed

00.00.2011 - Packet 4 received

00.00.2011 - Case forwarded to US Embassy in Manila

SLEC (Advance medical exam)

12.02.2010 - Day 1 Medical examination

x-ray problem results...sputum test required

12.13.2010 - 1st day sputum

12.14.2010 - 2nd

12.15.2010 - 3rd

12.17.2010 - sputum RESULTS- NEGATIVE

( but need to take antibiotics for 7 days/suspected Pneumonia

12.24.2010 - done with the prescribed Antibiotic

02-09-2011 - NEGATIVE

02-24-2011 - DONE

02-25-2011 - FINALLY.....MEDICAL!! PASSED!!

CFO

01.05.2009 - Guidance/counseling session, certificate of attendance received

00.00.2011 - CFO sticker

US EMBASSY MANILA

03.14.2011 - Interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

At St. Lukes they do the xray first and if they don't see anything or suspect you were exposed then you won't have to do a sputum.

My wife did medical last week and after they got the results from the xray she was done with the rest of the medical quick.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had a long journey of this Medical.

Feb 07 - I went there becoz they said there is already results for my culture. But none yet.

Feb 09 - i was present again at St lukes---- CULTURE NEGATIVE. i WAS SCARED FOR THE XRAY COZ THEY SAID IF IT IS GET WORST I WILL REPEAT THE WHOLE PROCEDURE...like getting sputum test again and it will take time again....huhuhuhu...well i hope not that worst..Pls Lord!!

The 24th of February came with so much nervous all over my body. Repeat xray was finished in the morning and i was told to make a call at 4:30 in the afternoon for the results. When i called them i was instructed to come back the next day Feb 25...for the evaluation...my goshhh..this is killing me softly....i dont even know what to think...am i passed or what! But all of my friends here said...everything will be fine...you'll gonna be passed...i wish that easy to convince your self if you're the one on that situation. But i am very thankful with them for always there with me for giving me strength.

Feb 25 7:30- i was really nervous what will doctor will gonna tel me. Wow! I am FINE! They said i can proceed to my immunization today. I was so so so happy and relieved. They called my name for U.S counter for Physical Test again. Then re-peat urine test before getting the vaccine...and finally at 2pm my name called at releasing counter. Now i am sure that i am good to go for my interview. they get my passport and appointment letter to be forwarded to US Embassy Manila. I am so happy and a big smile on my face while i am walking on my way out..and i told to my self "this will be my last day and i have no business with St Lukes any more"

I know this is not easy....I know how it feels....I just want to tell you all guys... always be strong and keep praying.

He has plans for all of us.

Good luck....dont be afraid for anything. God will be there for us always. and he really knows what is best for all of us.

I was so disappointed when my gf had to do the sputum test. We were psyched to have here here in a couple weeks only to be thrown into the 2 month delay as spit hit the fan. Well...this friday (March 18th) she is supposed to call as her 8 week culture is up. I will let everyone know how it goes so you have an idea of how it goes currently in this process. She thinks they will say all is good, come get your vaccinations. She thinks they will schedule her interview appt a few days from her vaccinations and have visa in hand in less than a week. (yeah I know...in a perfect world) I have heard that but some things have an urban legend flavor to them and who knows-- I will let you know if it really can happen or not. I kinda hope it happens quickly before the air fares peak.

If you are reading this because you got dinged on the medical and have to do the 2 month culture--bless you. I looked for whatever I could find about this too and alot of it is several years old. It sucks to have the delay and really takes the wind out of your sails. It does, however, go fast and you eventually start getting that same rush you had after you got NOA2...the feeling it will actually happen soon.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just receive our NOA2 on April 15. We don't have a case number yet. Do you think I can do advanced medical just with my NOA2?

Thanks

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I did went to St.Lukes to get the result of my Smear test it turned out negative thanks god!

I am scheduled to call them on July 25 to see if the culture result is available.

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did went to St.Lukes to get the result of my Smear test it turned out negative thanks god!

I am scheduled to call them on July 25 to see if the culture result is available.

i will start my sputum test on july 26..this is so nerve wracking..i just hope mine will turn out fine too..my interview sked on aug 23 will be cancelled bec of the culture test..just want to know, is it really hard to collect sputum?do you have any tecniques for more easy sputum collection?thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just found out about this walk through and indeed it was very helpful.....people here in VJ is very supportive. As for me, I'm about to start my sputum journey tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous and I keep on praying to God that he'll guide me and keep me healthy. I hope everything will be fine.....we've all been in a stress and I guess we all deserve a break. Anyways, for some here who's done with the whole scary medical upon arrival there is it true that we still need to see the local Ministry of Health or something to repeat the sputum and x-ray? I hope somebody here will enlighten me......I know it's a lil bit early to worry about it but at least I know what to do next. Thanks VJ peeps innocent.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum; topic is country specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi

im just in relationshp right now,and looking forward on this matter coz i also have lung scarring but was medicated 2yrs ago. i just want to ask wat is the best option so they wont disapproved my visa application.. fiance visa or spouse visa? pls..msg me. im really worried :'(

Actually its not the denial of visa is the question just yet, you just have to be healthy enough during the medical examination, if you do indeed have lung scarring, and was treated and already cleared by a medical doctor, then it will appear on your xray during your medical examination, it will all depend on your body's health, if you are healthy and have been living cleanly, then your chances of getting a very favorable result is quite high, if in case they see something negative, then you'll just have to be medically treated and that would require some extended wait and hassle,.. But after that its all formality,..

Good Luck,..!

PD ~ June 18, 2009

IMMIGRANT VISA APPROVED ~ March 15, 2012

VISA ON HAND ~ March 21, 2012

TOUCHDOWN California ~ April 8, 2012

GREEN CARD ON HAND ~ April 27, 2012

DMV Written ~ May 1, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

DMV Actual ~ May 21, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

California Driver's License ON HAND - June 11, 2012

• 1 month later...

Hello people here in VJ, I have the same issue about my medical, on monday is my 8th week im getting nervous coz when i called the st.lukes this morning they told me that the result is ready and i can go back on monday to get it.. They don't tell me what to bring unlike the other experience I have read here that they have to bring their passport,and stuff unlike mine, the lady said on the other line 'yeah u have the result already u can go back here on monday morning' end of the conversation... I keep on praying and im not losing hope, i just keep the faith to believe that I will hear the good news which is NEGATIVE result for my cultured sputum.. wish me luck guyz...

Hello people here in VJ, I have the same issue about my medical, on monday is my 8th week im getting nervous coz when i called the st.lukes this morning they told me that the result is ready and i can go back on monday to get it.. They don't tell me what to bring unlike the other experience I have read here that they have to bring their passport,and stuff unlike mine, the lady said on the other line 'yeah u have the result already u can go back here on monday morning' end of the conversation... I keep on praying and im not losing hope, i just keep the faith to believe that I will hear the good news which is NEGATIVE result for my cultured sputum.. wish me luck guyz...

You will get good news from St. Lukes. If St. Lukes would have called you before the eight week period had ended, then it would have been bad news. However, since you made it through the entire time without a phone call from St. Lukes, then it will be good news. :star:

You will get good news from St. Lukes. If St. Lukes would have called you before the eight week period had ended, then it would have been bad news. However, since you made it through the entire time without a phone call from St. Lukes, then it will be good news. :star:

Thank you so much tahoma for your response.. I haven't any call from them until my 8th weeks.. I will update y'allfor the result, my flight is on tuesday day i might be there by wedenesday instead..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.