ivantulier

Those who are planing to get married in the Philippines (new info very important)

18 posts in this topic

Today I was just looking again to make sure I have everything ready for my trip to the Philippines in dealing with paper work for the marriage license and I goggle something and then check the Embassy website an to my shock their was new info that was never stated since many have gotten married several months ago and stated to go early to the Embassy to get the Legal Capacity to Marry but now like everything here in the U.S. they throw more things at you to go through and make you pay. If did not see this now I would be S.O.L. and would had lost a day in dealing with getting my marriage license when I had arrived. So for those planing who are planing to get married in the next couple of months a must read. I will put the link and copy all info from the web site. http://manila.usembassy.gov/marriage.html

Getting Married in the Philippines

The Philippine Government requires all foreigners to provide a "Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" from his/her embassy before filing for a marriage license. Below are the instructions for applying for the U.S. Embassy's version of that document.

Starting August 1st, obtaining a Legal Capacity to Marry in Embassy Manila will be by appointment only. Please read the rules and regulations below before booking your appointment.

Consular Agency, Cebu: Monday through Friday 9:00am – 11:00am

Booking an Appointment for a Legal Capacity to Marry:

Step 1:

Read the information below to ensure that you understand the rules for the "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage."

Step 2:

Book an appointment by clicking here. Please select “Request notarial and other services not listed above.” Print the confirmation of your appointment.

Step 3:

Please bring to your confirmation printout, all divorce decrees or death certificates that show the U.S. citizen is free to marry, and valid U.S. passport to your appointment. Please bring $50 in cash (or Philippine Peso equivalent) or credit card.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this circular relating to the legal requirements of the Philippines is provided for general information only. Questions involving interpretation of specific Philippine laws should be addressed to an attorney. American diplomatic and consular officers do not have legal authority to perform marriages.

Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage

Any foreigner who wishes to marry in the Philippines is required by the Philippine Government to obtain from his/her Embassy a "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" before filing an application for a marriage license. This certification affirms that there are no legal impediments to the foreigner marrying a Filipino (i.e, that the foreigner is already married to someone else). Unlike the Philippines, the U.S. Government does not keep a central statistical registry for births, marriages and deaths and cannot verify this information. Instead, the Philippine Government accepts an "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage." Americans may execute this affidavit at the American Embassy in Manila or the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu. Personal appearances of the American citizen applicant cannot be waived, but the fiance(e) need not be present. Philippine authorities will not accept any substitute document initiated in the United States.

Applicants may apply for the "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" at the Embassy's American Citizen Services Branch by appointment only. There is a fee of $50.00 or its peso equivalent for the affidavit, payable in cash only.

The Affidavit is notarized by a U.S. consular officer. The consular officer can refuse to perform this service if the document will be used for a purpose patently unlawful, improper, or inimical to the best interest of the United States. Entering into a marriage contract with an alien strictly for the purpose of enabling entry to the United States for that individual is considered an unlawful act. Section 4221 of Title 22 United States Code provides penalties for individuals who commit perjury in an affidavit taken by a consular officer.

Additional Requirement for U.S. Military Personnel

U.S. military personnel should contact their personnel office regarding Department of Defense joint service regulations.

The Marriage Application Process

Once an American citizen has obtained from the Embassy an Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry, he/she can file an application for a marriage license at the office of the Philippine Civil Registrar in the town or city where one of the parties is a resident. The license is a requirement for either a civil or church wedding in the Philippines. The U.S. citizen applicant will need to present:

the Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry;

divorce decree(s) or death certificate(s) required to verify civil status and capacity to marry;

U.S. passport;

documentation regarding paternal consent or advice, if applicable.

A judge, a minister or any other person authorized by the Government of the Philippines can perform the marriage. Marriage applicants aged 18 to 21 must have written parental consent. Applicants aged 22 to 24 must have received parental advice. Philippine law prohibits the marriage of individuals under the age of 18.

Philippine law prescribes a ten-day waiting period from the filing of the application to the issuance of the marriage license. The license is valid for 120 days and may be used anywhere in the Philippines.

Marriage to a U.S. citizen confers neither citizenship nor an automatic eligibility for entry to the United States. If the U.S. citizen does not reside in the Philippines, the Petition for Immigrant Visa (I-130) must be filed through the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office in the United States. Only U.S. citizens resident in the Philippines may file an I-130 petition with DHS the U.S. Embassy.

Any questions about filing an immigrant visa petition to bring the spouse to the United States should be directed to the nearest office of Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, the State Department's Visa Office (202) 663-1225 or, while in the Philippines, to the American Embassy in Manila.

Church Wedding Requirements

Note: A Catholic religious ceremony may be performed even without a civil ceremony and the marriage will still be considered legal in the Philippines. Other non-Catholic churches may require documents and/or seminars not specified below. To be sure, inquire with the church in which you plan to be married. The process below describes the general procedures for arranging a Catholic wedding in the Philippines. However, the policies and procedures of individual churches may vary.

Baptismal and Confirmation Certificates – Required for both the bride and the groom. These documents must be new, be annotated: "FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSES ONLY", and have been obtained not more than three months before the date of marriage;

For mixed marriage (different religions) – a dispensation must be secured from the Parish Office which will be released after the canonical interview with the parish priest or his assistant. These have to be presented one week before the wedding.

Marriage License – for those who are first married in a civil ceremony, a certified true photocopy of the Marriage Contract with the registry number of the city or town where the marriage was performed must be submitted one week before the wedding date.

Canonical Interview – The parish priest or his assistant will conduct an interview with the bride and the groom one month before the wedding date. The interview will be scheduled upon the signing of the application form.

Pre-Marriage Seminar – The seminar will be scheduled during the canonical interview or you may inquire at the parish office. Some churches will allow you to attend other pre-wedding seminars such as the Discovery Weekend or Catholic Engaged Encounter.

Permission – The bride must receive permission to marry from her parish, if the venue is in another parish.

Wedding Banns – The couple must post the schedule of their wedding in their respective parishes. These will be provided during the canonical interview and have to be immediately brought to the respective parishes of the bride and the groom for posting. These have to be returned to the office after three Sundays. (The respective parishes may ask some requirements for the posting of the banns i.e. a picture each from the bride and the couple.)

List of names and addresses of principal sponsors (Ninongs and Ninangs) – The list has to be submitted to the parish office one week before the wedding date. Church policy requires at least a pair of sponsors and, ideally, a maximum of six sponsors.

For widow or widower – A copy of the death certificate of the former spouse must be presented to the parish office.

For renewal of vows – Remember to bring a copy of the Catholic Marriage Contract.

Civil Wedding

A couple who chooses to be married in a civil ceremony will need to apply for a marriage license. Once the license is obtained, they need to go to a judge or a mayor to administer the solemnization of the marriage. There is a ten-day waiting period from the date of the civil wedding before the issuance of the marriage contract.

Alternative to Marriage Abroad

Instead of the procedures presented above, it is possible to file a petition for an alien to enter the United States as the fiance(e) of an American citizen. This enables the parties to marry in the United States. American fiance(e)s should contact the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services office nearest their residence for further information or, if in Manila, at DHS window 44 in the Immigrant Visa Section (8:00am-11:00am) at the US Embassy.

Where can I find additional information?

Information about K-1("fiancé(e)”) or IR-1("spouse") visas is available from:

The U.S. Embassy's Immigrant Visa Page.

The U.S. State Department's National Visa Center in New Hampshire at (603) 334-0700.

Information about immigrant visa petitions is available from:

The website for the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services

The DHS office at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Window 19 (open Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 11:00 am and 1:00pm to 3:00pm.); or by phone at (632) 301-2000, Ext. 2224; or

The nearest office of the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the United States; or

The U.S. State Department's National Visa Center in New Hampshire at (603) 334-0700.

Information regarding the "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to contract Marriage" is available from:

The Embassy's American Citizen Services Unit at (632) 301-2000, Ext. 4106.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dude, everyone who gets married in the Philippines from another country has to get it.... to put it in perspective, I was born in the Philippines and migrated to the US and got married to my kabalen and I still had to get it... make sure you go to US Embassy really, really early to get the first person to get it. I did and I was first to get it and everyone followed suit and asked me all kinds of questions like I've done it before and it was my first time too...

Hope that helps...

Have fun there and take lots and lots of pictures with your fiancee and her families... it helps.

-muzicdox

Today I was just looking again to make sure I have everything ready for my trip to the Philippines in dealing with paper work for the marriage license and I goggle something and then check the Embassy website an to my shock their was new info that was never stated since many have gotten married several months ago and stated to go early to the Embassy to get the Legal Capacity to Marry but now like everything here in the U.S. they throw more things at you to go through and make you pay. If did not see this now I would be S.O.L. and would had lost a day in dealing with getting my marriage license when I had arrived. So for those planing who are planing to get married in the next couple of months a must read. I will put the link and copy all info from the web site. http://manila.usembassy.gov/marriage.html

Getting Married in the Philippines

The Philippine Government requires all foreigners to provide a "Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" from his/her embassy before filing for a marriage license. Below are the instructions for applying for the U.S. Embassy's version of that document.

Starting August 1st, obtaining a Legal Capacity to Marry in Embassy Manila will be by appointment only. Please read the rules and regulations below before booking your appointment.

Consular Agency, Cebu: Monday through Friday 9:00am – 11:00am

Booking an Appointment for a Legal Capacity to Marry:

Step 1:

Read the information below to ensure that you understand the rules for the "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage."

Step 2:

Book an appointment by clicking here. Please select “Request notarial and other services not listed above.” Print the confirmation of your appointment.

Step 3:

Please bring to your confirmation printout, all divorce decrees or death certificates that show the U.S. citizen is free to marry, and valid U.S. passport to your appointment. Please bring $50 in cash (or Philippine Peso equivalent) or credit card.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this circular relating to the legal requirements of the Philippines is provided for general information only. Questions involving interpretation of specific Philippine laws should be addressed to an attorney. American diplomatic and consular officers do not have legal authority to perform marriages.

Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage

Any foreigner who wishes to marry in the Philippines is required by the Philippine Government to obtain from his/her Embassy a "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" before filing an application for a marriage license. This certification affirms that there are no legal impediments to the foreigner marrying a Filipino (i.e, that the foreigner is already married to someone else). Unlike the Philippines, the U.S. Government does not keep a central statistical registry for births, marriages and deaths and cannot verify this information. Instead, the Philippine Government accepts an "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage." Americans may execute this affidavit at the American Embassy in Manila or the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu. Personal appearances of the American citizen applicant cannot be waived, but the fiance(e) need not be present. Philippine authorities will not accept any substitute document initiated in the United States.

Applicants may apply for the "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" at the Embassy's American Citizen Services Branch by appointment only. There is a fee of $50.00 or its peso equivalent for the affidavit, payable in cash only.

The Affidavit is notarized by a U.S. consular officer. The consular officer can refuse to perform this service if the document will be used for a purpose patently unlawful, improper, or inimical to the best interest of the United States. Entering into a marriage contract with an alien strictly for the purpose of enabling entry to the United States for that individual is considered an unlawful act. Section 4221 of Title 22 United States Code provides penalties for individuals who commit perjury in an affidavit taken by a consular officer.

Additional Requirement for U.S. Military Personnel

U.S. military personnel should contact their personnel office regarding Department of Defense joint service regulations.

The Marriage Application Process

Once an American citizen has obtained from the Embassy an Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry, he/she can file an application for a marriage license at the office of the Philippine Civil Registrar in the town or city where one of the parties is a resident. The license is a requirement for either a civil or church wedding in the Philippines. The U.S. citizen applicant will need to present:

the Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry;

divorce decree(s) or death certificate(s) required to verify civil status and capacity to marry;

U.S. passport;

documentation regarding paternal consent or advice, if applicable.

A judge, a minister or any other person authorized by the Government of the Philippines can perform the marriage. Marriage applicants aged 18 to 21 must have written parental consent. Applicants aged 22 to 24 must have received parental advice. Philippine law prohibits the marriage of individuals under the age of 18.

Philippine law prescribes a ten-day waiting period from the filing of the application to the issuance of the marriage license. The license is valid for 120 days and may be used anywhere in the Philippines.

Marriage to a U.S. citizen confers neither citizenship nor an automatic eligibility for entry to the United States. If the U.S. citizen does not reside in the Philippines, the Petition for Immigrant Visa (I-130) must be filed through the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office in the United States. Only U.S. citizens resident in the Philippines may file an I-130 petition with DHS the U.S. Embassy.

Any questions about filing an immigrant visa petition to bring the spouse to the United States should be directed to the nearest office of Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, the State Department's Visa Office (202) 663-1225 or, while in the Philippines, to the American Embassy in Manila.

Church Wedding Requirements

Note: A Catholic religious ceremony may be performed even without a civil ceremony and the marriage will still be considered legal in the Philippines. Other non-Catholic churches may require documents and/or seminars not specified below. To be sure, inquire with the church in which you plan to be married. The process below describes the general procedures for arranging a Catholic wedding in the Philippines. However, the policies and procedures of individual churches may vary.

Baptismal and Confirmation Certificates – Required for both the bride and the groom. These documents must be new, be annotated: "FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSES ONLY", and have been obtained not more than three months before the date of marriage;

For mixed marriage (different religions) – a dispensation must be secured from the Parish Office which will be released after the canonical interview with the parish priest or his assistant. These have to be presented one week before the wedding.

Marriage License – for those who are first married in a civil ceremony, a certified true photocopy of the Marriage Contract with the registry number of the city or town where the marriage was performed must be submitted one week before the wedding date.

Canonical Interview – The parish priest or his assistant will conduct an interview with the bride and the groom one month before the wedding date. The interview will be scheduled upon the signing of the application form.

Pre-Marriage Seminar – The seminar will be scheduled during the canonical interview or you may inquire at the parish office. Some churches will allow you to attend other pre-wedding seminars such as the Discovery Weekend or Catholic Engaged Encounter.

Permission – The bride must receive permission to marry from her parish, if the venue is in another parish.

Wedding Banns – The couple must post the schedule of their wedding in their respective parishes. These will be provided during the canonical interview and have to be immediately brought to the respective parishes of the bride and the groom for posting. These have to be returned to the office after three Sundays. (The respective parishes may ask some requirements for the posting of the banns i.e. a picture each from the bride and the couple.)

List of names and addresses of principal sponsors (Ninongs and Ninangs) – The list has to be submitted to the parish office one week before the wedding date. Church policy requires at least a pair of sponsors and, ideally, a maximum of six sponsors.

For widow or widower – A copy of the death certificate of the former spouse must be presented to the parish office.

For renewal of vows – Remember to bring a copy of the Catholic Marriage Contract.

Civil Wedding

A couple who chooses to be married in a civil ceremony will need to apply for a marriage license. Once the license is obtained, they need to go to a judge or a mayor to administer the solemnization of the marriage. There is a ten-day waiting period from the date of the civil wedding before the issuance of the marriage contract.

Alternative to Marriage Abroad

Instead of the procedures presented above, it is possible to file a petition for an alien to enter the United States as the fiance(e) of an American citizen. This enables the parties to marry in the United States. American fiance(e)s should contact the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services office nearest their residence for further information or, if in Manila, at DHS window 44 in the Immigrant Visa Section (8:00am-11:00am) at the US Embassy.

Where can I find additional information?

Information about K-1("fiancé(e)”) or IR-1("spouse") visas is available from:

The U.S. Embassy's Immigrant Visa Page.

Information about immigrant visa petitions is available from:

The website for the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services

The DHS office at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Window 19 (open Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 11:00 am and 1:00pm to 3:00pm.); or by phone at (632) 301-2000, Ext. 2224; or

The nearest office of the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the United States; or

Information regarding the "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to contract Marriage" is available from:

The Embassy's American Citizen Services Unit at (632) 301-2000, Ext. 4106.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2010-04-21

I-130 Sent : 2010-04-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-05-06

LE TOUCHED: 2010-05-07

LE TOUCHED AGAIN: almost exactly 5 months from 1st Touch + 1 day

I-130 RFE : NONE

I-130 RFE Sent : NONE

I-129F Sent : 2010-04-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-10-06

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

RFE Reply(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-10-21

I-130 NOA2 : 2010-10-21

NVC Received : 2010-10-28

Received I-84 AOS Bill: 2010-11-01

Paid I-84 AOS Bill: 2010-11-02

Received IV Bill: 2010-11-18

Paid IV Bill: 2010-11-19

Sent DS230: 2010-11-23

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Just go really early...their cut-off time is between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Bring a copy of your U.S. divorce decree, your passport, and the fee. The certificate has to be presented to the municipal hall where you guys are planning to secure your marriage license.

I have no idea how long your visit will be, but ideally it should be the first document you get when you arrive...marriage announcements at city hall have to be posted for 10 business days (excluding public holidays) before they will grant you a marriage license.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Country:
Timeline

The new fee of $50 (up from $30 when I was there) and the need for an appointment are new info. It used to be done on a walk-in basis.

I have no idea how long your visit will be, but ideally it should be the first document you get when you arrive...marriage announcements at city hall have to be posted for 10 business days (excluding public holidays) before they will grant you a marriage license.

Rules vary. My license wait was for 12 days including weekends and they wanted the marriage class done prior but ended up allowing us to do it later that first week under our promise to attend. I also needed a Cenomar and 4 official copies of my divorce decree and birth certificate. My advice is to have your fiancee check out what is actually required before you get there.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

I am aware of these things but like I said before and the web site states it's no longer first come base, it's now by appointment. If would have not checked I would have wasted a day going their and not have an appointment and who knows how far in advance you need to make it if it does get filed up right away. I arrive on a Thursday night and I was planning going the next day. My fiancé paid for license all I have to have is to fill out the paper work and submit it and wait 10 days in Manila.

Rules vary. My license wait was for 12 days including weekends and they wanted the marriage class done prior but ended up allowing us to do it later that first week under our promise to attend. I also needed a Cenomar and 4 official copies of my divorce decree and birth certificate. My advice is to have your fiancee check out what is actually required before you get there.

I check the Manila civil registry and I don't require a Cenomar only my divorce decree and passport and the legal capacity of marriage.

These are the requirements for a marriage license in Manila

REQUIREMENTS FOR CORRECTION OF CLERICAL ERROR IN THE MIDDLE NAME OR MOTHER’S NAME OF DOCUMENT OWNER (MARRIED) UNDER RA 9048

1. 2 latest certified/local copies and 2 latest NSO copies of birth certificate to be corrected

2. 2 latest certified copies of birth certificate/death certificate of mother. If certified of no record was issued, please submit birth certificate or marriage contract of mother’s 2 brothers or sisters.

3. 2 latest certified copies of marriage contract of parents. If certification of no record was issued, please submit birth certificate of documents owner’s brother or sister at least two (2).

4. 2 latest certified copies of marriage contract of document owner

5. 2 copies of baptismal certificate

6. 2 copies of school records (Elementary and High School either F-137/138 or Certification) or College (TOR)

7. 2 certified copies of voter’s registration record/voters affidavit. (COMELEC)

8. 2 copies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence

9. Other documents which the office may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the Petition. GSIS/SSS Record, Diploma (Elem., HS or College/Vocational), Medical Record, Business Record, Service Record, Insurance, Certificate of Land Title, Passbook, etc.

10. SPA (Special Power Attorney), If the petitioner is not the document owner like auntie, uncle godparents, client, friend, officemate etc.

REMINDERS:

1. All civil documents (Birth, Marriage and Death) to be submitted should be the latest certified

local copy or security paper from NSO

2. After the compliance of the requirements, please proceed to the information counter and get a number for the pre-interview and bring the original copies of the supporting documents (Personal Records) (Only with complete requirements are allowed for pre-interview)

3. Steps to follow will be provided after the Final Interview

4. Processing of the petition is four (4) months. Will commence on the date the petition will be receive by this Office

5. Payments are as follows: Registration Fee (P 1,000.00)/Certified Xerox Copy (P230.00) and Transmittal Fee (P210.00) and Additional Payment of P30.00 (document with supplemental report)

NO INTERVIEW EVERY FRIDAY

REQUIREMENTS FOR CORRECTION OF CLERICAL ERROR IN THE MIDDLE NAME OR MOTHER’S NAME OF DOCUMENT OWNER (NOT MARRIED) UNDER RA 9048

1. 2 latest certified/local copies and 2 latest NSO copies of birth certificate to be corrected

2. 2 latest certified copies of birth certificate/death certificate of mother. If certified of no record was issued, please submit birth certificate or marriage contract of mother’s 2 brothers or sisters.

3. 2 latest certified copies of marriage contract of parents. If certification of no record was issued, please submit birth certificate of documents owner’s brother or sister at least two (2).

4. 2 copies of baptismal certificate

5. 2 copies of school records (Elementary and High School either F-137/138 or Certification) or College (TOR)

6. 2 certified copies of voter’s registration record/voters affidavit. (COMELEC)

7. 2 copies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence

8. Other documents which the office may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the Petition. GSIS/SSS Record, Diploma (Elem., HS or College/Vocational), Medical Record, Business Record, Service Record, Insurance, Certificate of Land Title, Passbook, etc.

9. SPA (Special Power Attorney), If the petitioner is not the document owner like auntie, uncle godparents, client, friend, officemate etc.

REMINDERS:

1. All civil documents (Birth, Marriage and Death) to be submitted should be the latest certified

2. After the compliance of the requirements, please proceed to the information counter and get a number for the pre-interview and bring the original copies of the supporting documents (Personal Records) (Only with complete requirements are allowed for pre-interview)

4. Processing of the petition is four (4) months. Will commence on the date the petition will be receive by this Office

5. Payments are as follows: Registration Fee (P 1,000.00)/Certified Xerox Copy (P230.00) and Transmittal Fee (P210.00) and Additional Payment of P30.00 (document with supplemental report)

REQUIREMENTS FOR CORRECTION OF CLERICAL ERROR IN THE LAST NAME OR FATHER’S NAME OF DOCUMENT OWNER (MARRIED) UNDER RA 9048

3. 2 latest certified copies of marriage contract of parents. If certification of no record was issued, please, submit birth certificate of documents owner’s brother or sister at least two (2).

4. 2 latest certified copies of marriage contract of document owner

6. 2 copies of school records (Elementary and High School either F-137/138 or Certification) or College (TOR)

7. 2 certified copies of voter’s registration record/voters affidavit. (COMELEC)

8. 2 copies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence

9. Other documents which the office may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the Petition. GSIS/SSS Record, Diploma (Elem., HS or College/Vocational), Medical Record, Business Record, Service Record, Insurance, Certificate of Land Title, Passbook, etc.

10. SPA (Special Power Attorney), If the petitioner is not the document owner like auntie, uncle godparents, client, friend, officemate etc.

REMINDERS:

REQUIREMENTS FOR CORRECTION OF CLERICAL ERROR IN THE LAST NAME OR FATHER’S NAME OF DOCUMENT OWNER (NOT MARRIED) UNDER RA 9048

3. 2 latest certified copies of marriage contract of parents. If certification of no record was issued, please, submit birth certificate of documents owner’s brother or sister at least two (2).

5. 2 copies of school records (Elementary and High School either F-137/138 or Certification) or College (TOR)

6. 2 certified copies of voter’s registration record/voters affidavit. (COMELEC)

7. 2 copies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence

8. Other documents which the office may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the Petition. GSIS/SSS Record, Diploma (Elem., HS or College/Vocational), Medical Record, Business Record, Service Record, Insurance, Certificate of Land Title, Passbook, etc.

9. SPA (Special Power Attorney), If the petitioner is not the document owner like auntie, uncle godparents, client, friend, officemate etc.

REMINDERS:

REQUIREMENTS FOR CORRECTION OF CLERICAL ERROR IN THE FIRST NAME OF DOCUMENT OWNER (MARRIED) UNDER RA 9048

2. 2 latest certified copy of marriage contract of the document owner

3. 2 latest certified copies of birth certificate of at least 2 children of the document owner

7. 2 latest original NBI Clearance (purpose: FOR CHANGE OF NAME)

8. 2 latest original PNP Clearance (purpose: FOR CHANGE OF NAME)

9. 2 copies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence

10. Other documents which the office may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the Petition. GSIS/SSS Record, Diploma (Elem., HS or College/Vocational), Medical Record, Business Record, Service Record, Insurance, Certificate of Land Title, Passbook, etc.

11. SPA (Special Power Attorney), If the petitioner is not the document owner like auntie, uncle godparents, client, friend, officemate etc.

REMINDERS:

REQUIREMENTS FOR CORRECTION OF CLERICAL ERROR IN THE FIRST NAME OF DOCUMENT OWNER (NOT MARRIED) UNDER RA 9048

2. 2 copies of baptismal certificate

3. 2 copies of school records (Elementary and High School either F-137/138 or Certification) or College (TOR)

4. 2 certified copies of voter’s registration record/voters affidavit. (COMELEC)

5. 2 latest original NBI Clearance (purpose: FOR CHANGE OF NAME)

6. 2 latest original PNP Clearance (purpose: FOR CHANGE OF NAME)

7. 2 copies of valid IDs of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence

REMINDERS:

REQUIREMENTS FOR CORRECTION OF BITHDATE/PLACE OF BIRTH AND FIRST and LAST NAME IN THE MARRIAGE CONTRACT UNDER RA 9048

2. 2 latest certified copies of birth certificate of the person that needs to be corrected

3. 2 latest certified copies of birth certificate of at least 2 children-for First and Last Name Only

4. 2 latest certified copies of birth certificate of parents and siblings of document owner (at least two)-For First and Last Name Only

REMINDERS:

REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CHANGE OF FIRST NAME OF DOCUMENT OWNER (MARRIED) UNDER RA 9048

2. 2 latest certified copies of marriage contract of the document owner

3. 2 latest certified copies of birth certificate of at least 2 children of the document owner

7. 2 copies of certificate of no administrative case from employer (FOR EMPLOYED DOCUMENT OWNER)

2 copies of Affidavit of Non-Employment (FOR UNEMPLOYED DOCUMENT OWNER)

® INDICATE: Purpose “For Change of Name and No pending Administrative / Criminal case”

2 copies of Affidavit of Self-Employment (FOR SELF EMPLOYED DOCUMENT OWNER)

® INDICATE: Purpose “For Change of Name and No pending Administrative/ Criminal case”

® 2 Xerox copies of certificate of business registration

8. 2 latest original copies of NBI clearance.

9. 2 latest original copies of PNP clearance.

10. 2 copies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence

11. Other documents which the office may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the Petition. GSIS/SSS Record, Diploma (Elem., HS or College/Vocational), Medical Record, Business Record, Service Record, Insurance, Certificate of Land Title, Passbook, etc.

12. SPA (Special Power Attorney), If the petitioner is not the document owner like auntie, uncle godparents, client, friend, officemate etc.

REMINDERS:

3. Publication of the petition for tow (2) consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general and national circulation (List of newspapers will be provided during the final interview)

4. Steps to follow will be provided after the Final Interview

5. Processing of the petition is four (4) months. Will commence on the date the petition will be receive by this Office

6. Payments are as follows: Registration Fee (P 3,000.00)/Certified Xerox Copy (P230.00-Single Petition and P350.00-Double Petition) and Transmittal Fee (P210.00-Single Petition and 330.00-Double Petition) and Additional Payment of P30.00 (Document with supplemental report).Payment for Publication and Notary of the Petition Form not included.

REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CHANGE OF FIRST NAME OF DOCUMENT OWNER (NOT MARRIED) UNDER RA 9048

2. 2 copies of baptismal certificate

2 copies of school records (Elementary and High School either F-137/138 or Certification) or College (TOR)

3. 2 certified copies of voter’s registration record/voters affidavit. (COMELEC)

4. 2 copies of certificate of no administrative case from employer (FOR EMPLOYED DOCUMENT OWNER)

2 copies of Affidavit of Non-Employment (FOR UNEMPLOYED DOCUMENT OWNER)

® INDICATE: Purpose “For Change of Name and No pending Administrative / Criminal case”

2 copies of Affidavit of Self-Employment (FOR SELF EMPLOYED DOCUMENT OWNER)

® INDICATE: Purpose “For Change of Name and No pending Administrative/ Criminal case”

® 2 Xerox copies of certificate of business registration

5. 2 latest original copies of NBI clearance.

6. 2 latest original copies of PNP clearance.

REMINDERS:

3. Publication of the petition for tow (2) consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general and national circulation (List of newspapers will be provided during the final interview)

4. Steps to follow will be provided after the Final Interview

5. Processing of the petition is four (4) months. Will commence on the date the petition will be receive by this Office

6. Payments are as follows: Registration Fee (P 3,000.00)/Certified Xerox Copy (P230.00-Single Petition and P350.00-Double Petition) and Transmittal Fee (P210.00-Single Petition and 330.00-Double Petition) and Additional Payment of P30.00 (Document with supplemental report).Payment for Publication and Notary of the Petition Form not included.

LEGITIMATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT REQUIREMENTS AND THE STEPS TO FOLLOW FOR THE APPLICATION

I. SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS (ALL ORIGINAL COPY) AT RM.117-A.

1. Latest Certified True Copy of birth Certificate of the child.

2. Latest Copy of Marriage Contract of parents:

- If issued in Manila - Certified True Copy only

- If issued outside Manila - NSO/SECPA copy only

3. Latest copy of Certificate of No Marriage of both parents from NSO (CENOMAR)

4. Original baptismal of the father does not appear at the birth certificate of the child

5. If the name of the father does not appear the birth certificate of the child

Submit at least 2 supporting documents from the following

5.1 SSS-E1 or E4 of the father where the child is declared as beneficiary

5.2 GSIS of the father where the child is declared as beneficiary

5.3 Income Tax Return of the father where the child is declared as beneficiary

5.4 Philhealth of the father where the child is declared as beneficiary

5.5 Insurance of parents where the child is declared as beneficiary

5.6 Report card (F-138) & Scholl Record (F-137) of the child wherein the name of the father is declared or the signature of the father is affix at the card.

5.7 Statement of assets and liabilities.

6. If the mother is deceased, submit the Latest Certified Copy of Death Certificate.

7. If father is deceased, AUTHENTIC WRITING WILL BE NEEDED SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS LISTED AT NUMBER 5 or any other records that will prove the filiation of the child or documents showing that the father has acknowledged the child.

8. Submit photocopy of the valid ID and Cedula of the parents.

NOTE: ALL APPLICATION IS SUBJECT FOR EVALUATION

II. APPEARANCE OF PARENTS (FATHER AND MOTHER) ON THE SCHEDULE OF INTERVIEW AND BRING THE ID AND CEDULA OF PARENTS – FOR VERIFICATION, IF CHILD IS OF LEGAL AGE (18 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE) APPEARANCE FOR INTERVIEW IS NEEDED AS WELL AS ID AND CEDULA

FEES:

Legitimation /Acknowledgment by Subsequent Marriage

Reg. Fee____________________ 150.00

CTC

(Annotated BC and Affidavit)____ 90.00

NSO Copy for Transmittal_______ 120.00

Total 360.00

If the Child is of Legal Age

Reg. Fee___________________ 200.00

CTC

(Annotated BC and Affidavit____ 120.00

NSO Copy for Transmittal______ 120.00

Total 440.00

REQUIREMENTS FOR LATE REGISTRATION OF DEATH CERTIFICATE

1. Latest Copy of Certificate of No Record from NSO and LCR of Manila

2. Affidavit of the nearest relative of the deceased or any person having legal charge of the deceased when he was still alive stating therein the exact date and place of death, the facts and circumstances surrounding the death and the reason or cause of delay.

3. Original Copy of Burial and Transfer Permit, Cremation or other means of corpse disposal

4. Certification from the Funeral Parlor and Cemetery

5. For Muslim Registrants, fill-up Municipal Form No. 103

REMINDERS:

1. Don’t submit “FAKE DOCUMENTS” to avoid penalty. All supporting documents are subject for VERIFICATION.

2. All supporting documents submitted must be original copy

3. Please avoid erasures and alteration in the preparation of the Death Certificate.

4. Please complete all the needed requirements in the preparation of the Death Certificate.

5. Ten (10) days posting period. Will commence on the day when the requirements was submitted.

REQUIREMENTS FOR LATE REGISTRATION OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF CHILDREN ATTENDED BY MIDWIFE/HILOT AND BORN IN HOSPITAL (MINOR, SINGLE, NOW MARRIED)

1. Latest Copy of the Certificate of No Record from NSO and LCR of Manila

2. Endorsement from the Hospital and Affidavit stating reason of delay, if born in Hospital

Affidavit from the Midwife and Midwife and Hilot stating reason of delay and Midwife Licence, if attended by Midwife and Hilot

*Item no.2-not required if the Hospital is closed and the Midwife and Hilot be deceased and unknown

3. Certified copy of Marriage Contract of Registrant, if married

4. Certified copy of Marriage Contract of Parents

If no record was issued. Submit Birth Certificate of brothers and sisters with date and place of marriage of parents or Birth Certificate of older brothers and sisters.

If not married. Submit an affidavit to Use the Father Surname (AUSF) pursuant to RA 9255 and also to accomplish the Affidavit of Acknowledgment/Paternity at the back of COLB (For Children born after August 1988)

If father is deceased submit documents such as Insurance. ITR (Income Tax Return) and other records that will prove the filiation of the child or documents showing that the father has acknowledged the child.

5. Submit original copy of any two (2) of the following documents with date and place of birth (For Registrant)

Baptismal Certificate

School Records showing full name as registered in the school, date and place of birth, name of parents (either Elem. Or HS)

Transcript of Records (SSS/GSIS). If employed

ITR (Income Tax Return), if employed

Pre-Natal Record (FOR MINOR CHILDREN)

Other documents the Office may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the application (Philhealth, Service Record, Personal Data Sheet, Medical Record, Certification from OSCA….etc)

REMINDERS:

1. Don’t submit FAKE DOCUMENTS” to avoid penalty. All supporting documents are subject for VERIFICATION.

2. All Birth Certificates and Marriage Contracts for submission must be certified photocopy.

3. If Birth Certificate is prepared by Midwife, Hilot and Hospital, Please avoid erasures. Birth Certificates with erasures shall be returned for retype.

4. Please complete all the needed requirements before submission.

5. Ten (10) days posting period. Will commence on the day when the requirements was submitted.

FEES: 0-6 months (115.00/6moths-less than 1 year (140.00)/more than 1 year (190.00)-For children born in the hospital

For children attended by Midwife/Hilot and born in Hospital but already closed (290) with AUSF an additional payment of PHp 30.00

REQUIREMENTS: SUPPLEMENTAL

1. Submit any two(2) of the following requirements at RM 117-A for schedule of interview

() Baptismal Certificate

() School Records (Form 137)

() Marriage Contract of Parents

() Marriage Contract of owner of document

() Voters Affidavit

() Company ID

() Postal ID

() Drivers ID

() Professional License

Note:

2. During the interview, the Owner of the document or Mother or Father for legitimate children will sign the supplemental report. If the child is illegitimate the mother will sign the supplemental form.

3. In case both parents are deceased, submit death certificates of both parents and the affidavit of guardianship. The grandmother can sign the affidavit.

Marriage contract should be certified true copy if issued in Manila, and NSO Copy if issued outside Manila.

Fees: P 190 – registration

180 – Transmittal to NSO

Total: P 370

RELEASE – After 5 working days from the date of submission of requirements.

Pls. proceed to Ms. Sally Siojo at Room 117-A for the submission of the requirements.

Requirements for RA 9255

1. Latest Certified Copy of Birth Certificate of the Child. Include dorsal page if signed by father.

2. Valid ID of Father and Mother (Original and Xerox copy). CEDULA of Father.

3. Original and Photocopy of Baptismal Certificate.

4. Original School Records showing the name of parents.

5. Both Parents must come for interview. (by schedule)

6. If mother is deceased, submit Certified Coy of Death Certificate (Latest Copy).

7. If child is of legal age (18 yrs. Old and above)

® Submit Valid Id

® For interview together with both parents.

® Submit all the above requirements (nos.1-6)

8. If filiation has not been expressly recognized by the father, submit any two (2) of the ff. documents showing clearly the paternity between the father and the child:

(AS REQUIRED FOR UNDER RULE 7)

7.1.2C OF R.A 9255

® Employment Record

® SSS/GSIS Records

® Insurance

® Certification of Membership in any organization

® Statement of Assets and Liabilities

® Income Tax Return (ITR)

NOTE: ALL APPLICATION IS SUBJECT FOR EVALUATION

Note: 10 days processing period.

Requirements for Marriage License

1. Applicants 18-21 yrs. Old

1.1 Birth Certificate Latest Copy

Born in Manila-Local Copy

Born outside Manila-NSO Copy

*Baptismal Certificate if no Birth Certificate

1.2 Valid ID-Original and Xerox

1.3 Parental Consent-Parent to come with valid ID

1.4 Marriage Counseling

-Manila Health Department

-DSWD

2. Applicants 21-35 years old

2.1 Birth Certificate-latest Copy

Born in Manila-Local Copy

Born outside Manila-NSO Copy

*Baptismal Certificate if no Birth Certificate

2.2 Valid ID-Original and Xerox

*At least 1 of the party must be Resident of Manila City. ID must show address.

2.3 Parental Advice-Parent to come with valid ID

2.4 Marriage Counseling

-Manila Health Department

-DSWD

3. Foreigner

3.1 1 Legal Capacity to marry to be issued by the Embassy.

3.2 Passport-Original and Xerox

*Note—If changed nationality present Naturalization Papers if father is Chinese, mother is Filipino. Married parents born 1975 up, pls. present election/recognition of citizenship.

FEE: P120.00

STEPS TO FOLLOW

1. Submit requirements to Ms. Estela Bombita at counter for the order of payment.

2. Seminar.

For applicants 19-24 years old

Proceed to Rm. 128-Manila Health Department

Rm. 103-DSWD

For applicants 25 years old

Proceed to Rm 128-Manila Health Department

SCHEDULE

Manila Health Department Rm. 128

(Dr. Enrique Samonte)

Monday to Friday

1st Session

8:00-9:00 Registration

9:00-10:00 Seminar

2nd Session

1:00-1:30 Registration

1:30-2:30 Seminar

DSWD Rm. 108 (Felicitas Larosa)

Monday to Friday

1st Session

9:00-12:00 Seminar

2:00-5:00 Seminar

3. After seminar submit requirements to Ms. Estela Bombita for Oath Taking.

4. Release of Marriage License after 10 days.

Good luck on your marriage ivantulier

You will soon be with many of us enjoying the fun of the visa process.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

I was glad to visit the embassy's website before we went down there to get my certificate last month, otherwise it would've been a wasted trip. The appointment system seems to work pretty good, I was in and out in 2 hours. Of course now I'm getting the K-1 so its kinda irrelevant now.

They have some semi-private rooms for the meeting with the consul, but I could hear (I called him "Uncle Buck) one guy rattle off to the consul about his previous FOUR divorces...I wondered if his fiancee was looking for the exit door by the end of it! :blink:

Its really a painless process, just make sure your fiancee leaves the cell phone at home or in the hotel (USC can leave their phone at the security station inside) and have a lot of patience! :whistle:

12/29/2009 - - - - -Met on CherryBlossoms

3/12/2010 - - - - - -Arrived in Manila and fell madly in love

3/25/2010 - - - - - -Proposed (of course she said YES!)

3/31/2010 - - - - - -Departed Manila (and the love of my life)

5/22/2010 - 5/27/2010 - - - - - -Arrived in Manila again...we have an apartment together!

8/22/2010 - 9/5/2010 - - - - - - -Arrived in Manila yet again...I love not paying for hotels!

11/23/2010- - - - - Arrived in Manila (Just in time for my birthday!)

1/5/2011- - - - - - - Married!

1/28/2011- - - - - - Departed Manila (doesn't get any easier every time I do this :( )

3/19/2011- - - - - - Arrived in Manila (and off to the island of Leyte)

8/22//2011- - - - - - Wife interviewed for Tourist Visa -- DENIED!

9/16/2011- - - - - - Departed Manila (alone)

Getting married in the Phils is nice. Bring extra cash to pay off the Fixxors and have a great time. Good luck!

Meanwhile, many prefer the K1 option and go to Vegas where you can get the marriage license on one sheet of paper and get married the same day.

:star:.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Getting married in the Phils is nice. Bring extra cash to pay off the Fixxors and have a great time. Good luck!

Meanwhile, many prefer the K1 option and go to Vegas where you can get the marriage license on one sheet of paper and get married the same day.

:star:.

No need for a fix because my fiancé has paid for the marriage linecese

• 9 months later...

I was glad to visit the embassy's website before we went down there to get my certificate last month, otherwise it would've been a wasted trip. The appointment system seems to work pretty good, I was in and out in 2 hours. Of course now I'm getting the K-1 so its kinda irrelevant now.

They have some semi-private rooms for the meeting with the consul, but I could hear (I called him "Uncle Buck) one guy rattle off to the consul about his previous FOUR divorces...I wondered if his fiancee was looking for the exit door by the end of it! :blink:

Its really a painless process, just make sure your fiancee leaves the cell phone at home or in the hotel (USC can leave their phone at the security station inside) and have a lot of patience! :whistle:

How do we set an appointment to the U.S. consulate in Cebu for the affidavit? Thanks!

That is ridiculous... the US has nothing like a CENOMAR, so the PI requires us to pay $50 for a piece of paper saying we are free to marry? What a crock of you-know-what!! Just another way to make money off people in love. Hay naku!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

May & I are already married in the U.S. last year and want a church ceremony in the Philippines is 2012.

We have reported our marriage to the Philippine Consulate in Chicago.

I am hoping none of this will apply to us since it is more like renewing our vows.

Adam & May

----------------K1 Journey---------------

02/01/2010 - Sent I-129F sent to CSC Express Mail

02/03/2010 - Date on NOA1

02/09/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in mail

03/18/2010 - NOA2 approval mailed by CSC (per USCIS.org)43 Days from NOA1

03/23/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

06/18/2010 - Interview Passed PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!!

07/02/2010 - Visa received!

07/03/2010 & 07/05/2010 - PRISM Seminar & CFO Sticker (We are all set

08/08/2010 - May's POE Detroit, MI USA

09/24/2010 - Received SSN Card

10/08/2010 - Wedding

----------------AOS Journey---------------

12/07/2010 - Submitted AOS/EAD Package

12/14/2010 - NOA1 Received

12/27/2010 - Biometrics Completed

01/20/2011 - AOS Transfered to CSC

01/26/2011 - AOS Received by CSC

02/16/2011 - EAD Approved

N/A - AOS Appointment

02/22/2011 - AOS Appproved

02/26/2011 - EAD Card Received

02/27/2011 - Green Card Received

01/19/2013 - Mailed I-751

##/##/2013 - NOA1 Received

##/##/2013 - BIometrics Appointment

##/##/2013 - Interview

##/##/2013 - 10 Year Green Card Issued

FV%20US%20-%20Reg.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.