bubbleout

USCIS case status update (UNUSUAL THING HAPPEN)

23 posts in this topic

Hey friends, unusual thing happen with my fiancee petition case. I have filed case on 02-16-2010, since then the case has been in initial review, and I have not received any letter. I been inquiring about the case since last two months and also i been watching case status update online daily. Since 08-18-2010, I see lots of touches have been to my case. This morning I see again a touch to my file. But today is SUNDAY 09-19-2010. How could someone be working on my case at USCIS-CSC office sunday morning. I was told my case is in background check, is it possible that this morning background checks would have been cleared by computer, mabye it is automatic. I can't believe my case been touched on SUNDAY. Any one have any idea, what could this mean? please share

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Back when I was at that stage I noticed most touched happened first thing in the morning , mid day of midnight so I think it is a batch program that sweeps up events and posts them so your Sunday update maybe have been a Saturday entry,

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

NigeriaorBust, I agree with you. But Saturday is also a non-working day. USCIS-CSC does not work on the weekend. Last update I saw was on Friday 09-17-2010 in the afternoon. So there was a touch on Friday and now Sunday. But the question is who is working on the file over the weekend. Other thing I can think of is that maybe an officer who have my file, might be working on the weekend, due to overload of the cases. If anyone have idea, please share

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

At some point in the near past contractors would take boxes of petitions home and work on them there. Not certain if this is still practiced, but could explain work on Sabbath.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

How can you tell if someone is touching your case I look at the USCIS website with my WAC # daily.

Completed:

• Green card: May 10, 2011
  • Sent: October 1, 2015
  • Cashd: October 8, 2015
  • NOA: October 6,2015
  • Fprints: 10/30/15
  • In Line: 11/05/2015
  • Int Ltr: 12/17/2015
    Interview: 01/25/2016
  • Oath: 04/14/2016
  • Field Office: Denver

Look at the Last Updated column. Every time you see the date change, it means your file has been touched. :)

How can you tell if someone is touching your case I look at the USCIS website with my WAC # daily.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Only date i see is it says On June 22, 2010, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN...I hope you guys not talkin abt this date...plz do reply on this thread Thanks in advance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Only date i see is it says On June 22, 2010, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN...I hope you guys not talkin abt this date...plz do reply on this thread Thanks in advance.

YOu need to set up an account and add the cases to your portfolio, then you will get a list with a last updated column, that is where you see touches as you get an update with no change in status.

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 6/2

NOA Date : 6/10

Bio Appt letter date- 06/14

Bio. Appt. : 07/2

TOUCH (EAD/AOS)- 07/02, 07/05, 07/06, 07/08, 08/03 (AOS)

Interview Date : 08/20

EAD production ordered 08/04

AP delivered 08/09/10

EAD Mailed notice 08/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I had something done to mine on Sunday when it was in the Dallas lockbox before it weas sent to CSC.

First email 2004-09-05

Visit her in Russia 2009-09-18 to 2009-11-02

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

Touch : 2010-08-18

NOA2 :2010-01-13

Dunno, My petition is goign through the California Site, and my file was accepted back in June 15, last update that mine had was June 21. So either my file got lumped to the bottom of the stack, or they are really backed logged. I noticed that Vermont seems to be doing a bit better through reading in some of the forums posts. I wish at least mine would get updated, since it has been over 3 months since last update.

As far as the Poster of this one I bet someone is working overtiem since they are all overloaded.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2010-06-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-06-15

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE :)

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-11-05

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I am also not sure as My application was received on 10 May 2010 but till today it shows last update as 25 May 2010 and I check it everyday and it still shows the same, so does it mean that my matter is not even touched in last 5 months?

please advise

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey friends, unusual thing happen with my fiancee petition case. I have filed case on 02-16-2010, since then the case has been in initial review, and I have not received any letter. I been inquiring about the case since last two months and also i been watching case status update online daily. Since 08-18-2010, I see lots of touches have been to my case. This morning I see again a touch to my file. But today is SUNDAY 09-19-2010. How could someone be working on my case at USCIS-CSC office sunday morning. I was told my case is in background check, is it possible that this morning background checks would have been cleared by computer, mabye it is automatic. I can't believe my case been touched on SUNDAY. Any one have any idea, what could this mean? please share

I filed on 2-13 NOA1 2-24 no action until after I called on 8-25. Got touched 9-8-10. Recieved letter will hear something in 45 days from 9-13. Got touched on 9-17-.. Looks like things are starting to move. I did not check today I think I will go check it now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.