ceyda

Citizenship Interview at Miami

13 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to share my experience today.before i go the any details i have a question.at the end of the interview the lady did not gave me any paperwork she just told me that she will recommend me to be a us citizen and they will tell me later when and where to take the oat.is that normal?she did not take my green card.

also what do you need to take for oat?how long does it take for miami?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to share my experience today.before i go the any details i have a question.at the end of the interview the lady did not gave me any paperwork she just told me that she will recommend me to be a us citizen and they will tell me later when and where to take the oat.is that normal?she did not take my green card.

At what address did you have the interview?

I had my all my N400 process atthe office at 88 NW 7th Avenue in Miami. My interview was in June and I had the oath on July 28th.

she didn't give you a sheet at the end of the interview? if not then you will have to wait until the letter of the oath ceremony.

they don't take away the GC at the interview. that's at the oath ceremony. you take your GC and letter. If you have a reentry permit or Refugee card take it as well. If not, just the GC and letter.

Hi Everyone!

I think I am qualified enough to answer some of your questions as my mom had just completed her interview last August 23, but I couldnt tell you the actual time for an oath in Miami after the interview.

In a typical naturalization interview, the citizenship adjudicator will give you form N-652 (Interview Results), this will be given to you right after your interview with the officer, this will provide you further information on what to expect after the interview. This form is your actual document that an interview was conducted. If you are recommended for approval, this form N-652 will also have the option for the interviewer to indicate as such (that an approval was recommended), some people even received oath letter after their interview, but it does vary depending on the district office you are at. I read one of the posts online, there's this guy who was also verbally advised that he was recommended for approval but he wasn't given this form, he later on received an oath letter in a few weeks after his interview. So I guess nothing to worry about, but be alarmed if you havent received any notice in the mail within 45-60 days. I have searched online, most natz applicants received oath letters within 3-5 weeks average.

In an oath taking ceremony, you are only required to bring an identification, green card or proof of permanent residency, and of course the oath letter, which would also specify the time, when and where your oath will be. Further documents which would be necessary are those supporting documents you already provided or brought at the interview, in case something comes up and they ask for additional documentation. Also important is if there's any citations, or traffic tickets, and travel documents, etc that you have had since your interview.

I hope you get an oath letter pretty soon. Congrats for passing the interview!

Thank you for all your answers.I was just worried because I did not get any paper at the end of the interview but seems like it is normal

I think I am qualified enough to answer some of your questions as my mom had just completed her interview last August 23, but I couldnt tell you the actual time for an oath in Miami after the interview.

In a typical naturalization interview, the citizenship adjudicator will give you form N-652 (Interview Results), this will be given to you right after your interview with the officer, this will provide you further information on what to expect after the interview. This form is your actual document that an interview was conducted. If you are recommended for approval, this form N-652 will also have the option for the interviewer to indicate as such (that an approval was recommended), some people even received oath letter after their interview, but it does vary depending on the district office you are at. I read one of the posts online, there's this guy who was also verbally advised that he was recommended for approval but he wasn't given this form, he later on received an oath letter in a few weeks after his interview. So I guess nothing to worry about, but be alarmed if you havent received any notice in the mail within 45-60 days. I have searched online, most natz applicants received oath letters within 3-5 weeks average.

In an oath taking ceremony, you are only required to bring an identification, green card or proof of permanent residency, and of course the oath letter, which would also specify the time, when and where your oath will be. Further documents which would be necessary are those supporting documents you already provided or brought at the interview, in case something comes up and they ask for additional documentation. Also important is if there's any citations, or traffic tickets, and travel documents, etc that you have had since your interview.

I hope you get an oath letter pretty soon. Congrats for passing the interview!

Thank you for all your answers.I was just worried because I did not get any paper at the end of the interview but seems like it is normal

No, its not normal, but then its the USCIS. Everything and anything can happen! However, the officer should inform the naturalization applicant of the interview result (N-652) after the interview, and this is the policy. Whether you received this form or not, you should be fine. You should still receive a written decision in the mail, or will it be an oath taking ceremony as your interviewer suggested. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I usually take milk with my oat and then microwave it. I take my oats seriously.

ok but you should have got the 652 form to say you have passed the English/civics and that you will be advised later about the ceremony.

I agree with previous posters that it's no big deal - but to others who are inline for their interview, ask for the 652 form that confirms your test results if it isn't offered.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Should I be worry then? if i check the status online will it show anything?

No, I don't think you should worry. You should be receiving a notice in the mail that will have the time of your oath ceremony. On the back will be a number of questions that you should fill out the day of the oath ceremony but before you actually get there. I didn't receive anything after my interview either, but she asked me if I was available for an oath ceremony in 2 weeks. When I said yes, she said to wait and she would give me the notification right away as there wouldn't be enough time to guarantee its arrival in the mail. You should be fine, but if you haven't heard anything in a month then do give a follow up call and see if they have a date scheduled yet. Congratulations on passing.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Should I be worry then? if i check the status online will it show anything?

You have nothing to worry about. Wait about two weeks and if you havent received anything in the mail then follow up with the 800customer service and ask to speak with the immigration officer, or make an infopass appointment. If there's no problem with your application (which your post suggests), the oath letter should arrive in a week or two.

With my mom's case, she was told to wait within 90 days in the mail as the officer who interviewed her will make further inquiry to the US Embassy pertaining to her prior non-immigrant visa that was cancelled by the immigration officer in detroit upon arrival at the airport in 2003 as she was deemed to be excludable for some other reasons. I didnt wait 90 days, called to 800# and asked to talk to an immigration officer after a week of her interview. The officer told me that her naturalization application was approved and she gave me specific info about her oath ceremony. You can do the same thing.

If you check the status of your case via CRIS, I dont think that it will be of help. A lot of those that applied for Citizenship didnt get their status updated even after the oath, my mom's status has not changed even now that she's for oath. Just relax and dont be anxious. I am sure you will get your approval/oath letter very soon.

Thank you guys for your comments

I would like to tell you guys about the details.

when the lady started interviewing me she asked so many questions ans so fast i had to answer right away one then the other.she said where is your husband?why didn't he come with you? I told her that I really was not sure that he suppose to be with me I told her that he wanted to come but since we were not sure he didn't show up.She said since I did not want to wait 5 years he could have come with me.she asked me if i brought and supporting document and I pulled out all of them from the file,she did not look at them she told me to give one of each and then she put on the file.

she asked we have any kids i said not yet and she asked if we are separated or if we have any problem in our marriage.I answered no.

She said if you brought this papers then he did not really need to come with you and she continued with the test asked so fast and i answered all.She made me sign 4 papers and asked me if i want to keep my name same.

Also she asked my fathers last name,where was my husband born,if he is Cuban and some more.

and they she said she will recommend me and they will notify me for the oat ceremony date and time

Edited by ceyda

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you guys for your comments

I would like to tell you guys about the details.

when the lady started interviewing me she asked so many questions ans so fast i had to answer right away one then the other.she said where is your husband?why didn't he come with you? I told her that I really was not sure that he suppose to be with me I told her that he wanted to come but since we were not sure he didn't show up.She said since I did not want to wait 5 years he could have come with me.she asked me if i brought and supporting document and I pulled out all of them from the file,she did not look at them she told me to give one of each and then she put on the file.

she asked we have any kids i said not yet and she asked if we are separated or if we have any problem in our marriage.I answered no.

She said if you brought this papers then he did not really need to come with you and she continued with the test asked so fast and i answered all.She made me sign 4 papers and asked me if i want to keep my name same.

Also she asked my fathers last name,where was my husband born,if he is Cuban and some more.

and they she said she will recommend me and they will notify me for the oat ceremony date and time

I'd say you're fine. She was doing her job to make sure you were still eligible based upon the 3 year spousal category and you were able to reassure her that you are. If you had not she would have told you that a decision cannot be made at this time; you would not have been asked to sign the various documents nor asked about changing your name - which can happen when you become a citizen. The main interviewer will recommend your approval to her supervisor (mine did that as well) which is standard procedure, and you should be receiving a letter in the mail soon advising you of the date and time of your ceremony. Congratulations.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank you so much for taking time to reply to message.I really appreciate it.

How are you? I am from Miami waiting for my interview letter. I received the yellow paper last week requesting to bring my 2 passoports to the interview.. but not interview schedule yet. Can you tell me your time line?> when did you apply? how long it took?

Thanks!!

ailin

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.