mujdxb

Letter of accommodation from co-sponsor required

17 posts in this topic

Hi, i am in need of a letter from co-sponsor saying that if immigrant visa is issued then petitioner and beneficiary will be living with him until they find job/accommodation.

can anyone paste me a link of sample letter please

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Is the embassy/consulate requesting this letter?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Is the embassy/consulate requesting this letter?

i am filing DCF through Abu dhabi UAE embassy and they work very differently from other embassies, they need I-130, I-184, DS forms, medical, police certi's, everything else at the time of interview, so i want to take that letter with me as we have been living in Dubai for two years and do not have a property in US so my co-sponsor will be writing this letter to keep any confusion aside.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

The below is a sample letter. Modify it according to your co-sponsor's judgment. Also, note that this is not according to any USCIS guidelines.

Loto

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To: =Name of Consulate=

Subj: =Name of applicant, DOB of applicant=

I am pleased to co-sponsor the application for =type of visa= of ___. ___ will join the principal sponsor, my brother(/sister/father/son/etc), ___ in the UK on or about ___.

I am a British citizen residing at ___ and employed by ___, where I have worked since ___. I am familiar with the role and obligations of visa sponsorship and the Home Office's expectations in this undertaking. Additionally, I have examined ___'s projected household budget, income, and expenditures; and have taken further steps [=any further steps go here=] to assure that their plans are realistic. Based upon this, I estimate that ___ and ___ will be maintaining an independent, financially solvent household by ___.

In the entirely improbable event that ___ and ___ encounter financial difficulties, I will intervene and provide assistance such that recourse to public funds will not be necessary. To this end, I have set aside a contingency budget of ___ for a period of ___ months.

[=accomodation information, if needed=]

You will find attached my bank statements, employment contract, and all other materials relevant to my co-sponsorship. The large monthly payment is for my mortgage at ___, and [=explain any unusual bank account transactions=].

I hope that the =name of consulate= finds this arrangement satisfactory and can proceed with granting ___ the =name of visa= he/she seeks. On behalf of all of my family, I can add that we look forward to ___'s arrival, and that all of us will be doing our part to assure that ___'s transition is a comfortable one.

Kind regards,

=name=

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Timeline

So you are hoping that this will help you establish a domicle in the US? Take a look at this from the I-864 FAQ on the State Dept. website >>>> http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html#_Domicile It may help you to be prepared. You may need to have a signed lease with the co-sponsor rather than a simple letter.

*Moved from IR-1/CR-1 forum to US Embassy and Consulate forum as topic pertains to I-864 and establishing domicile*

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

The below is a sample letter. Modify it according to your co-sponsor's judgment. Also, note that this is not according to any USCIS guidelines.

Loto

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To: =Name of Consulate=

Subj: =Name of applicant, DOB of applicant=

I am pleased to co-sponsor the application for =type of visa= of ___. ___ will join the principal sponsor, my brother(/sister/father/son/etc), ___ in the UK on or about ___.

I am a British citizen residing at ___ and employed by ___, where I have worked since ___. I am familiar with the role and obligations of visa sponsorship and the Home Office's expectations in this undertaking. Additionally, I have examined ___'s projected household budget, income, and expenditures; and have taken further steps [=any further steps go here=] to assure that their plans are realistic. Based upon this, I estimate that ___ and ___ will be maintaining an independent, financially solvent household by ___.

In the entirely improbable event that ___ and ___ encounter financial difficulties, I will intervene and provide assistance such that recourse to public funds will not be necessary. To this end, I have set aside a contingency budget of ___ for a period of ___ months.

[=accomodation information, if needed=]

You will find attached my bank statements, employment contract, and all other materials relevant to my co-sponsorship. The large monthly payment is for my mortgage at ___, and [=explain any unusual bank account transactions=].

I hope that the =name of consulate= finds this arrangement satisfactory and can proceed with granting ___ the =name of visa= he/she seeks. On behalf of all of my family, I can add that we look forward to ___'s arrival, and that all of us will be doing our part to assure that ___'s transition is a comfortable one.

Kind regards,

=name=

Thanks so much, really helpful.

So you are hoping that this will help you establish a domicle in the US? Take a look at this from the I-864 FAQ on the State Dept. website >>>> http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html#_Domicile It may help you to be prepared. You may need to have a signed lease with the co-sponsor rather than a simple letter.

*Moved from IR-1/CR-1 forum to US Embassy and Consulate forum as topic pertains to I-864 and establishing domicile*

Went through the link... Thanks

WE have done following to re-establish domicile:

Valid drivers license

Maintained bank account

Maintained credit card

Job applications

Movers quotation

UAE ministry forms to cancel residency we have

Letter of accommodation from co-sponsor

travelled to US three times in 2 years ...is it anything i can use ???

Thanks

ok i have made this letter, any suggestions ?

To: US Embassy, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E

Subj: -----Beneficiary’s name ----, DOB: --------

I am pleased to co-sponsor the application for Immigration visa of __Beneficiary’s name______.

I am a US citizen residing at _____________ and employed by ___ & ___, where I have worked since ___ & _____ respectively. I am familiar with the role and obligations of visa sponsorship.

I have no objection if my daughter __Petitioner ___ & my son in law __Beneficiary___ reside at my place until they find suitable jobs & accommodation.

In the entirely improbable event that _Petitioner__ and __Beneficiary_ encounter financial difficulties, I will intervene and provide assistance such that recourse to public funds will not be necessary.

You will find attached my bank statements, employment contract, and all other materials relevant to my co-sponsorship.

I hope that the US Embassy, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E finds this arrangement satisfactory and can proceed with granting __Beneficary_ the immigrant visa. On behalf of all of my family, I can add that we look forward to __beneficary_'s arrival, and that all of us will be doing our part to assure that _beneficary__'s transition is a comfortable one.

Kind regards,

=c0-sponsor=

Timeline

The I-864 is a binding contract between the sponsor and the US Govt. so the letter doesn't add much with regard to the public charge concern. You as petitioner are in the first position regarding public charge, the cosponsor is in second position.

The most relevant part IMO is that it states that you have a place to live which is part of establishing domicile.

Edited by Anh map

The I-864 is a binding contract between the sponsor and the US Govt. so the letter doesn't add much with regard to the public charge concern. You as petitioner are in the first position regarding public charge, the cosponsor is in second position.

The most relevant part IMO is that it states that you have a place to live which is part of establishing domicile.

So are you suggesting to get a tenancy contract from him instead of a letter?

Timeline

So are you suggesting to get a tenancy contract from him instead of a letter?

Yes, you need "domicile" proof with I-864 from the co-sponsor.

If the Consulate has asked this letter in addition to the above, you need to submit the letter as well.

Loto

Edited by LotOfPatience

NVC

Consulate

Yes, you need "domicile" proof with I-864 from the co-sponsor.

If the Consulate has asked this letter in addition to the above, you need to submit the letter as well.

Loto

Hi, i have got this letter ready anyway, do you suggest to give it with I-864 form ?

I mean i do not have enough time to get the tenancy agreement before my interview, so do you suggest me include this letter anyway? or i wait till interview and see what else they require in addition.

Thanks

Timeline

I mean i do not have enough time to get the tenancy agreement before my interview, so do you suggest me include this letter anyway? or i wait till interview and see what else they require in addition.

Thanks

You are the main sponsor though you have co-sponsor. So, you need to prove the domicile in the U.S. Some proof is listed below.

Find a job in the United States

Locate a place to live in the United States

Register children in U.S. schools

Make arrangements to give up (relinquish) residence abroad

Other evidence of a U.S. residence

In your case, it could be the 'tenancy agreement with your co-sponsor' and it must be required at the interview.

Loto

NVC

Consulate

You are the main sponsor though you have co-sponsor. So, you need to prove the domicile in the U.S. Some proof is listed below.

Find a job in the United States

Locate a place to live in the United States

Register children in U.S. schools

Make arrangements to give up (relinquish) residence abroad

Other evidence of a U.S. residence

In your case, it could be the 'tenancy agreement with your co-sponsor' and it must be required at the interview.

Loto

Thanks, in this case can you please guide me on tenancy agreement.

My co-sponsor lives in rented property himself, can he give us an agreement ?

If Yes then

1. Start and End date of tenancy agreement?

2. Agreement in name of petitioner or beneficiary or both?

3. Can we mention that rent is $0 (free)?

THanks so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.