Mikhail

How do we get our marriage certificate authenticated

18 posts in this topic

I need help i cant be the only one who was married abroad. i need to know so we can move ahead in the passport process before she can go to the cfo, she needs to have our marriage certificate authenticated..PLS.. HELP THANK YOU

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

As I understand yer issue -

you want to get, in the PI, a foreign marriage certificate, authenticated,

so that a 'name change' can be done IN the PI,

for

--new passport issuance, showing the married name

--new passport clearance certificate, showing the married name (along with all prior names)

all prior to having the casefile arrive at NVC, for an IR-1/CR-1 visa.

Right?

*** moving to PI forum, should get wider exposure to those in the know ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Were does my wife go to get our marriage certificate authenticated? we were married overseas

It should be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate that has jurisdiction over the city or country where you were married.

As I understand yer issue -

you want to get, in the PI, a foreign marriage certificate, authenticated,

so that a 'name change' can be done IN the PI,

for

--new passport issuance, showing the married name

--new passport clearance certificate, showing the married name (along with all prior names)

all prior to having the casefile arrive at NVC, for an IR-1/CR-1 visa.

Right?

*** moving to PI forum, should get wider exposure to those in the know ***

YES YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT

My wife needs to get a new passport with my name on it and we want to do this before our stuff gets to the nvc stage so it is all out of the way, so before she can go to the CFO she needs to have her marriage certificate authenticated, were does she go? we were married in Hong Kong and she has the original copy. thanks

My wife needs to get a new passport with my name on it and we want to do this before our stuff gets to the nvc stage so it is all out of the way, so before she can go to the CFO she needs to have her marriage certificate authenticated, were does she go? we were married in Hong Kong and she has the original copy. thanks

Did you report your marriage at the Philippine Embassy?

No, why would we? i thought we go there so they can authenticate it

Duplicate topics merged.

Filipinos are requested (it is not a legal requirement) to report their foreign marriage to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate.

They might require you to report the marriage since you are going to ask the embassy to authenticate it.

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filipinos are requested (it is not a legal requirement) to report their foreign marriage to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate.

They might require you to report the marriage since you are going to ask the embassy to authenticate it.

ok i have no idea what your talking about can you give me some more information pls? How do i know if they want me to report a marriage that already happened? I still dont know were she is supposed to to get it authenticated in the first place. Will there be any issues with not reporting it?

You stated you were married in Hong Kong. Since you mentioned CFO one must guess your wife is back in the Philippines. If she is back in the Philippines she will need to take the Marriage Certificate(MC)to the National Statistic Office (NSO).

As Pinay Wife stated," It should be [have been] authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate that has jurisdiction over the city or country where you were married. In other words you should have taken the MC to the Philippine Embassy in Hong Kong.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

ok i have no idea what your talking about can you give me some more information pls? How do i know if they want me to report a marriage that already happened? I still dont know were she is supposed to to get it authenticated in the first place. Will there be any issues with not reporting it?

As edp333 have said, the marriage contract needs to be authenticated by the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong, if that is where you got married.

While there is no legal requirement to report a marriage abroad, the Philippine government prefers that this be reported. Since you need the Consulate to do a service for you (authentication), they will use this as leverage to "compel" its citizens to do as they are requested. If you choose not report your marriage, they can also choose to reject your request for authentication. ####### for tat.

Here's the link to the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong:

http://www.philconge...arials/main.htm

As edp333 have said, the marriage contract needs to be authenticated by the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong, if that is where you got married.

While there is no legal requirement to report a marriage abroad, the Philippine government prefers that this be reported. Since you need the Consulate to do a service for you (authentication), they will use this as leverage to "compel" its citizens to do as they are requested. If you choose not report your marriage, they can also choose to reject your request for authentication. ####### for tat.

Here's the link to the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong:

http://www.philconge...arials/main.htm

We were married in hk and the link u gave me says the location is in hk, not the philippines i remember queensway, i dont understand what im supposed to do, the place were we got married in hong kong gave us the MC and our marriage was announced in HK so i dont really understand what i need to do.

Edited by Mikhail

Pinay Wife said you or your wife needs to contact the Philippine Embassy in Hong Kong to report your marriage and get your marriage certificate authenticated. The Embassy will tell you what you need to do.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.