VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
Emily & Friday
K1 Visa
Nigeria
blank avatarAlicia & Chris
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarR & A
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Poland
Grecia & Thomas
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
France
meee & herrr
K1 Visa
India
Todd & Beth
K1 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarSammy & Olly
K1 Visa
Nigeria
blank avatarStephen & Gloria
K1 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarPralines & Cheese
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
France

• Please log in to reply

How do we get our marriage certificate authenticated

#1 Mikhail

Mikhail

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

Were does my wife go to get our marriage certificate authenticated? we were married overseas

#2 Mikhail

Mikhail

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

I need help i cant be the only one who was married abroad. i need to know so we can move ahead in the passport process before she can go to the cfo, she needs to have our marriage certificate authenticated..PLS.. HELP THANK YOU

#3 Darnell

Darnell

Wuhan Rocks !

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

As I understand yer issue -

you want to get, in the PI, a foreign marriage certificate, authenticated,
so that a 'name change' can be done IN the PI,

for
--new passport issuance, showing the married name
--new passport clearance certificate, showing the married name (along with all prior names)

all prior to having the casefile arrive at NVC, for an IR-1/CR-1 visa.

Right?

*** moving to PI forum, should get wider exposure to those in the know ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly !  Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

2mzcunl.gif

#4 Pinay Wife

Pinay Wife

Diamond Member

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

Were does my wife go to get our marriage certificate authenticated? we were married overseas

It should be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate that has jurisdiction over the city or country where you were married.

#5 Mikhail

Mikhail

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

As I understand yer issue -

you want to get, in the PI, a foreign marriage certificate, authenticated,
so that a 'name change' can be done IN the PI,

for
--new passport issuance, showing the married name
--new passport clearance certificate, showing the married name (along with all prior names)

all prior to having the casefile arrive at NVC, for an IR-1/CR-1 visa.

Right?

*** moving to PI forum, should get wider exposure to those in the know ***

YES YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT

#6 Mikhail

Mikhail

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

My wife needs to get a new passport with my name on it and we want to do this before our stuff gets to the nvc stage so it is all out of the way, so before she can go to the CFO she needs to have her marriage certificate authenticated, were does she go? we were married in Hong Kong and she has the original copy. thanks

#7 finallyfree

finallyfree

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

National Statistic Office (NSO)....

or

DFA?

Edited by finallyfree, 26 August 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#8 finallyfree

finallyfree

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

My wife needs to get a new passport with my name on it and we want to do this before our stuff gets to the nvc stage so it is all out of the way, so before she can go to the CFO she needs to have her marriage certificate authenticated, were does she go? we were married in Hong Kong and she has the original copy. thanks

Did you report your marriage at the Philippine Embassy?

#9 Mikhail

Mikhail

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

Did you report your marriage at the Philippine Embassy?

No, why would we? i thought we go there so they can authenticate it

#10 Pinay Wife

Pinay Wife

Diamond Member

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

No, why would we? i thought we go there so they can authenticate it

Duplicate topics merged.

Filipinos are requested (it is not a legal requirement) to report their foreign marriage to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate.

They might require you to report the marriage since you are going to ask the embassy to authenticate it.

Edited by Pinay Wife, 26 August 2010 - 06:57 PM.

#11 Mikhail

Mikhail

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

Filipinos are requested (it is not a legal requirement) to report their foreign marriage to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate.

They might require you to report the marriage since you are going to ask the embassy to authenticate it.
[/quote]
ok i have no idea what your talking about can you give me some more information pls? How do i know if they want me to report a marriage that already happened? I still dont know were she is supposed to to get it authenticated in the first place. Will there be any issues with not reporting it?

#12 edp333

edp333

Diamond Member

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

You stated you were married in Hong Kong. Since you mentioned CFO one must guess your wife is back in the Philippines. If she is back in the Philippines she will need to take the Marriage Certificate(MC)to the National Statistic Office (NSO).

As Pinay Wife stated," It should be [have been] authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate that has jurisdiction over the city or country where you were married. In other words you should have taken the MC to the Philippine Embassy in Hong Kong.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

#13 Pinay Wife

Pinay Wife

Diamond Member

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

ok i have no idea what your talking about can you give me some more information pls? How do i know if they want me to report a marriage that already happened? I still dont know were she is supposed to to get it authenticated in the first place. Will there be any issues with not reporting it?

As edp333 have said, the marriage contract needs to be authenticated by the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong, if that is where you got married.

While there is no legal requirement to report a marriage abroad, the Philippine government prefers that this be reported. Since you need the Consulate to do a service for you (authentication), they will use this as leverage to "compel" its citizens to do as they are requested. If you choose not report your marriage, they can also choose to reject your request for authentication. ####### for tat.

Here's the link to the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong:

http://www.philconge...arials/main.htm

#14 Mikhail

Mikhail

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:20 AM

As edp333 have said, the marriage contract needs to be authenticated by the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong, if that is where you got married.

While there is no legal requirement to report a marriage abroad, the Philippine government prefers that this be reported. Since you need the Consulate to do a service for you (authentication), they will use this as leverage to "compel" its citizens to do as they are requested. If you choose not report your marriage, they can also choose to reject your request for authentication. ####### for tat.

Here's the link to the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong:

http://www.philconge...arials/main.htm

We were married in hk and the link u gave me says the location is in hk, not the philippines i remember queensway, i dont understand what im supposed to do, the place were we got married in hong kong gave us the MC and our marriage was announced in HK so i dont really understand what i need to do.

Edited by Mikhail, 27 August 2010 - 06:21 AM.

#15 edp333

edp333

Diamond Member

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:56 AM

Pinay Wife said you or your wife needs to contact the Philippine Embassy in Hong Kong to report your marriage and get your marriage certificate authenticated. The Embassy will tell you what you need to do.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.