5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all! My husband is applying for his American citizenship in January. We are taking a trip to Peru in a month and need to get all the original documents we would need for this process while there. My husband has 7 brothers and one step brother. So we are looking at a variety of scenarios. It's just easier to get everything at once. We are not applying for visas for all of them (probably only one or two) but want to understand the process. Is their a limit to how many people we can apply for or is it only based on income? Do we need the marriage certificate of my husband's parents? For those of you who are ten years into the visa process, do you have any tips or anything I need to be thinking about?

Thanks for the advice!

Welcome Jaime to the F4 Post..:)

All you need right now to apply for siblings is the birth certificate of your husband and his brothers showing a common parent. The processing time for I-130 which you are going to apply along with the birth certificate is 5 months..Once you apply I-130, just make sure you approved petition reaches NVC. NVC is more organized than USCIS. Don't send any original documents to USCIS while applying I-130, they only require copies of the document. Fill the I-130 form carefully and make a copy of it for your records before applying.

The sooner you apply, you will retain an earlier priority date..Good Luck..:thumbs:

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi

My Priority date is 7 Feb 2002. I have submitted all of my realted fees and DS230 form along with petitioner's birth certificate in original to NVC. My case was completed on 24 January 2011 and waiting for visa number available in Visa Bulletin. However by this time I got a son and I have updated the birht certificate to NVC. NVC has updated my son's record and generate the VISA fee bill and advice to submit the DS230 form to NVC. As per my understanding I have prepared the document check list for my child. Could you please advice us on document requirement to submit along with DS230 forms.

Document Check list:

1. DS230 Forms

2. Orignal Birht Certificate

3. Passport Copy

4. 2 Copy picture

5. Petiioner's origial birht certificate ( alerady submitted in our case do I need to provide original certified copy again)

6. Our Marriage Certificate ( alerady submitted in our case do I need to provide original certified copy again)

Thanks and regards

Kabirul

Timeline

Hi

My Priority date is 7 Feb 2002. I have submitted all of my realted fees and DS230 form along with petitioner's birth certificate in original to NVC. My case was completed on 24 January 2011 and waiting for visa number available in Visa Bulletin. However by this time I got a son and I have updated the birht certificate to NVC. NVC has updated my son's record and generate the VISA fee bill and advice to submit the DS230 form to NVC. As per my understanding I have prepared the document check list for my child. Could you please advice us on document requirement to submit along with DS230 forms.

Document Check list:

1. DS230 Forms - Complete and Signed Part 1

2. Orignal Birht Certificate - If any of the civil documents are not in English, translate them into English

3. Passport Copy

4. 2 Copy picture

5. Petiioner's origial birht certificate ( alerady submitted in our case do I need to provide original certified copy again)

6. Our Marriage Certificate ( alerady submitted in our case do I need to provide original certified copy again)

Thanks and regards

Kabirul

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Timeline

USCIS Deployment of Electronic Filing System by December 2011

It will be useful in future for filling electronically for F4 filers too..Good Initiative..:thumbs:

Some more countries included apart from China and Mexico..Check and Refresh the Link Below hopefully to see more countries added going forward..

Electronic Filing System

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

December 2011 visa bulletin for F4 doesn't move ( it's still June 15,2000)

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Timeline

mumbai consulate shows the december cut off date for F4 is 15 july 2001

But us department of state site shows: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

:bonk: Upcoming month's visa bulletin: December 2011 (Coming Soon)

My pd is march 2001

in januari 2011 documetation are complited and qualified

My link"]jp301[/url]

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

LOL I messed up :)

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Timeline

@jp301- Its becuase of the time differance ,and this has happened before,but dont worry , both will be same !

glad to know the VB increased 1 month , fingers crossed for January VB :thumbs:

As of now VB moves for 1 month for F4 Category officially and you may keep your fingers crossed for a sudden surge later on..:thumbs:

LOL I messed up :)

:D

Edited by visagrant

Timeline

My PD (F4) is Jul 10, 2000 and case was completed at NVC on Nov 7, 2011. Although date is current, interview date yet. NVC person told me that we will have to wait till Dec 1st to findout out about January interview date.

In my case, one of derivative benificiary will turn 21 yrs in January, 2012 but NVC person said that she will still be considered under 21 and I need not worry about that. I would like to believe it but does any one have experience with this situation.

Timeline

In my previous post I meant NO interview date YET..

hi vb4260,which consulate u belong ? is it mumbai?

My pd is march 2001

in januari 2011 documetation are complited and qualified

My link"]jp301[/url]

Timeline

My PD (F4) is Jul 10, 2000 and case was completed at NVC on Nov 7, 2011. Although date is current, interview date yet. NVC person told me that we will have to wait till Dec 1st to findout out about January interview date.

In my case, one of derivative benificiary will turn 21 yrs in January, 2012 but NVC person said that she will still be considered under 21 and I need not worry about that. I would like to believe it but does any one have experience with this situation.

VB4260

Keep Calling NVC and DOS ( 202-663-1225 Press 1 then 0 for a live operator) and as experts believe in this forum, NVC does schedule for interview preparation throughout the month and based on the present scenario, NVC will schedule the final December interview by next week, Right now Mumbai IV appointments lists upto December 19th while in reality many people got Dec interview upto 30th..As ur case got completed by November, I believe u can make it for the second slot of the Interview schedule for Mumbai..there is still some hope...:star:

hi vb4260,which consulate u belong ? is it mumbai?

:yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.