5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Immigration bill released. 844 pages.

+1

....:thumbs:

V Nonimmigrant Visas

The V visa is a nonimmigrant visa created to allow families to stay together while waiting for the processing of immigrant visas.

http://www.uscis.gov...000082ca60aRCRD

RPI is for undocumented filers and V visa is for LPR who files for their spouse and children...may not apply for F4 visa..

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

Can some one fill me on this to see if it will affect me in anyway.. My mom filed for her brother and sisters who are in India. The cases are complete and are pending visa #'s. The priority date is Feb 2002. Will this be affected by the new bill or will it actually speed it up and they have a chance to come here possibly this year. Before the big fall back on the priority dates their date was actually a month away and it fell 2 years back and they have been waiting ever since.. Not sure what will happen now.

thanks once again

Regards

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

Can some one fill me on this to see if it will affect me in anyway.. My mom filed for her brother and sisters who are in India. The cases are complete and are pending visa #'s. The priority date is Feb 2002. Will this be affected by the new bill or will it actually speed it up and they have a chance to come here possibly this year. Before the big fall back on the priority dates their date was actually a month away and it fell 2 years back and they have been waiting ever since.. Not sure what will happen now.

thanks once again

Regards

you may not be affected by the new bill..

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dear Visa Grant

my PD May 19 2004

will the new bill will effect to my case ??

1- I130 Filed at 20 May 2004 for F4 Category

2- PD-19th May 2004

3- Case approved at USCIS on 29 OCT 2009

4- Case sent to NVC on Nov 2, 2009

5- June 23,2016 : Petitioner's name appeared

6- July 19,2016 : DS-261 Online Choice of Address and Agent & DS-260, Online

Immigration Visa and Alien Registration Application are Opened

(NOT Activated).

7- ???????????? : Received DS-261

8- ???????????? : Submit DS-261

9- July 20, 2016 : AOS and IV fees Bill activated.

10- July 20, 2016 : Pay AOS Fees

11- July 21, 2016 : Received AOS Fees

12- July 22, 2016 : Pay IV Bill (4 persons)

13- July 22, 2016 : Pay fee for CSPA case

14- July 25, 2016 : Received IV Bill (4 persons)

15- July 25, 2016 : Submit DS-260 (3 persons)

16- July 26, 2016 : Ask NVC if I can file CSPA

17- July 28, 2016 : NVC replied CSPA as "cannot be reviewed" due to "no visa number available"

18- Aug. 10, 2016 : Send AOS and IV Package

19- Aug. 12, 2016 : NVC received all the civil documents and I-864 AOS Financial Documents (11.04 AM)

20- Aug. 15, 2016 : Sent ASK NVC to Add my petitioner as my (Agent/Attorney)

21- Aug. 17, 2016 : NVC Scan Date (NOA 1)

22- Aug. 20, 2016 : NVC Replied and removed my previous Attorney and add my Petitioner

to be my new (Agent/Attorney)

23- Oct. 04, 2016 : My son's name (who is under CSPA) deleted

24- Oct. 05, 2016 : Received NOA2 asking for 2015 W-2 (form)

25- Oct 05, 2016 : send 2015 W-2 form by (Email & Mail)

26- Oct. 06, 2016 : Case Complete Email

27- Oct. 11, 2016 : Case Completed after receiving all required Documents (NOA 3)

28- .....................: Interview Confirmation | P4

29- .....................: Medical
30- .....................: Interview [at 00.00 AM]

31- .....................: Visa in Hand

32- .....................: POE [JFK]

33- .....................: CSPA approved

34- .....................: Checklist certification scan date

35- .....................: NVC Scan Date 2

36- .....................: Case Completed at NVC (confirmed by calling on .....................)

37- .....................: Visa issued

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Visa Grant

my PD May 19 2004

will the new bill will effect to my case ??

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

now you understood ?

it will only effect your case positively , because your date is 2004 , prior to 2005.

Alsyed did you understood now ?

stop asking same stupid question again and again.

Savvy Boy

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

According to Tehmina Watson, Immigration consultant, backlog will only be eliminated by joining the merit based immigration. Further one has to be "eligible" for joining merit based immigration. As far as I understood from the bill language in order to be eligible one has to be waiting for a F3 or F4 visa for atleast 5 years.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

My US Citizen brother applied for me in May 2010.

I have checked the I-130 is still in USCIS and they expect to process it within next 2-3 months (currently they are processing March 2010)

Inthe wake of the changes to the bill, I have asked my mother, US Citizen, to file a petition under F3 category which she did last week :unsure:

Lets see if that will help, just gone through the Immigration Bill quickly, if I need to go through the merit based immigration. its gonna be tough as you need to be working in the US to gain some more points.

Let's see how it works as the details emerge in the next few weeks.

Any of you have any answers for me? or what the future road gonna be like?

Appreciate your replies dude!

TC

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

now you understood ?

it will only effect your case positively , because your date is 2004 , prior to 2005.

Alsyed did you understood now ?

stop asking same stupid question again and again.

Hi Savvy

I have checked all the post related to reform however I find Tahmina Watson's comments: what she want to mean. Is that we have to go through the merit base visa system???

The backlog or so called ‘line’ will be eliminated only when applying through the merit based visa system (I will discuss another time). It will be interesting to see what the bill states exactly on these issues.

Edited by ikabirul

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.