5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I would like to ask all people from all countries in F4 category to participate in this thread and post their questions/analysis/ Interviews scheduled/ progress made so far in their quest for receiving their immigrant visas, So that we can help each other and predict future progress in our cases.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

As per the August 2010 Visa Bulletin...:bonk:

D. RETROGRESSION OF THE MEXICO FAMILY FOURTH PREFERENCE CUT-OFF DATE

It has been necessary to retrogress the Mexico Family Fourth preference cut-off date to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limitations set by law. It is anticipated that for October, the first month of the new fiscal year, this preference will return to the latest cut-off date reached during FY-2010.

Edited by visagrant

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Submitted our (hopefully final)AOS paperwork packet today 8/30/10. I-130 sibling sponsorship (brother) filed in April 2001, so it took just over 9 years. I am thrilled that my priority date has finally been reached.

Good luck to all those in a similar situation and to those of you just filing I-130 for a sibling: hang in there! You never know how quickly things may move up when you least expect it - mine did. I was told to expect to wait another 3 years yet now I am finally seeing the light at the end of the green card tunnel :yes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Blog on Abolition of F4 Category..Any thoughts from forum members..?:o:wacko::unsure:

F4 Category Abolition

David North obviously has no siblings living a continent away. Unfortunately he is also just uninformed in his view that immigrants in their 40's don't have enough "time" to make a valuable contribution. There are many examples of immigrants who made a significant difference and improved the lives of all Americans in their middle and later years. I think many may take exception to North's assertion that their contribution to the US was not valuable. Here are just three: Politician Dalip Singh Saund became the first Asian immigrant elected to congress in 1956. He was 57 years old. St Frances Xavier Cabrini, the first American saint, came to the USA when she was 39. She opened Chicago's first Italian immigrant school at the age of 49 and transformed a hotel into the Columbus Hospital at 55. Finally, Albert Einstein, the greatest physicist of the 20th century, came to America when he was 54 years old. He accepted a position at Princeton University and acted as an advisor to President Roosevelt. He remained an influential peacemaker and an outstanding scientific contributor to this nation until his death in 1955.

Imagine, Mr North, if these great immigrants and many more like them, had not been permitted entry to the USA.

Edited by Sonblom

Timeline

HI everyone,

Info abour My case:

Priority Date: Oct 31,2001

Receipt Date: Nov 5,2001

Notice Date: Nov 23,2009

Current age : 21 years and 5 months.

Waiting for My date to get current.It Would probably cover in this months Visa Bulletin.Last months Visa Bulletin date was Oct 15,2001.It can atleast jump 15 days.LoL

And Thanks Visagrant for starting this topic.

-Uday

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Timeline

Thank You Vinnette for your reply. I have a few questions..:unsure:

1. When did NVC contacted you after the NVC case number is assigned?(I read that NVC will contact around 6-9months before the Visa number availability...is it true for the F4 case also?)

2. Tell us more about your RFE so that the forum members can be prepared for such RFEs?

3.Very Less F4 forum members here..Did NVC sent through email the DS3032,I-864 and DS230 to you?Did NVC ask for the Petitioner's birth certificate while applying DS-230?

:thumbs:

The more you provide the necessary information, the more it is helpful.:help:

Good Luck for your Interview and do let us know for the questions asked in the interview..:yes:

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It has been a long road for us

{1}they contact us in December 2009 and send us the DS 3032

[2] My husband visited Canada in the early 90s so they needed a police record from there even though we tried to explain to the operator that he never spent a year there they insisted that we have to provide it.Then we did our Police record here in jamaica and send in all our documents minus the Canadian police certificate in April 2010 then in June they notified us that due to some issues in jamaica we have to redo the jamaican police certificate.when we called them they told us that they do not need the Canadian police certificate only the Jamaican PC

[3]We got DS 3032 in the mail but we have to download DS 230

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank You Vinnette for your reply. I have a few questions..:unsure:

1. When did NVC contacted you after the NVC case number is assigned?(I read that NVC will contact around 6-9months before the Visa number availability...is it true for the F4 case also?)

2. Tell us more about your RFE so that the forum members can be prepared for such RFEs?

3.Very Less F4 forum members here..Did NVC sent through email the DS3032,I-864 and DS230 to you?Did NVC ask for the Petitioner's birth certificate while applying DS-230? yes

:thumbs:

The more you provide the necessary information, the more it is helpful.:help:

Good Luck for your Interview and do let us know for the questions asked in the interview..:yes:

It has been a long road for us

{1}they contact us in December 2009 and send us the DS 3032

[2] My husband visited Canada in the early 90s so they needed a police record from there even though we tried to explain to the operator that he never spent a year there they insisted that we have to provide it.Then we did our Police record here in jamaica and send in all our documents minus the Canadian police certificate in April 2010 then in June they notified us that due to some issues in jamaica we have to redo the jamaican police certificate.when we called them they told us that they do not need the Canadian police certificate only the Jamaican PC

[3]We got DS 3032 in the mail but we have to download DS 230

Yes they ask for Petitioner marriage certificate

Timeline

Congrats Uday..Your PD is current as per October Visa Bulletin..:dance:..Has NVC Contacted You for the next steps?

HI everyone,

Info abour My case:

Priority Date: Oct 31,2001

Receipt Date: Nov 5,2001

Notice Date: Nov 23,2009

-Uday

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.