5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

hi kirat...where r u from ?

Hi Jolly

My priority date also 2002. Do we have to go through merit base migration process !!! I don't see any update from you !!!

Edited by ikabirul

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The bill includes path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants who arrived in the US after Dec 31 2011,What about the other immigrants before this date,what do you guys think about it?

who arrived before dec 31,2011 not after.......:thumbs:

Timeline

More about the V visa that I talked about yesterday.

V NONIMMIGRANT VISAS.

19 (a) NONIMMIGRANT ELIGIBILITY.—Subparagraph

20 (V) of section 101(a)(15) (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)) is

21 amended to read as follows:

22 ‘‘(V)(i) subject to section 214(q)(1) and

23 section 212(a)(4), an alien who is the bene24

ficiary of an approved petition under section

25 203(a) as—.......

Read page 313 (line 18) onwards. What it means is that if you are the beneficiary of an approved petition, you can now visit US ( for up to 60 days) while your immigrant visa is pending. This is a major change from the earlier policy where they would flatly deny you a tourist or other Non Immigrant visa if you had a IV application pending. However, under this category employment authorisation may not be provided to siblings, but may be provided to son / daughter of the US based petitioner.

Edited by nrocky

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all

Can any body explain to me the MERIT system ?

i want to know every thing about that system .. because my beleive about the new BIll .. si to clear all the backlog by converting all these pending cases to the MERIT SYSTEM.. and this is the only way to reduce the F4 visa by canceling most of the pending visa using the MERIT SYSTEM (only the qualified persons can pas this system).

i wish i am wrong

please explain to us the MERIT SYSTEM

1- I130 Filed at 20 May 2004 for F4 Category

2- PD-19th May 2004

3- Case approved at USCIS on 29 OCT 2009

4- Case sent to NVC on Nov 2, 2009

5- June 23,2016 : Petitioner's name appeared

6- July 19,2016 : DS-261 Online Choice of Address and Agent & DS-260, Online

Immigration Visa and Alien Registration Application are Opened

(NOT Activated).

7- ???????????? : Received DS-261

8- ???????????? : Submit DS-261

9- July 20, 2016 : AOS and IV fees Bill activated.

10- July 20, 2016 : Pay AOS Fees

11- July 21, 2016 : Received AOS Fees

12- July 22, 2016 : Pay IV Bill (4 persons)

13- July 22, 2016 : Pay fee for CSPA case

14- July 25, 2016 : Received IV Bill (4 persons)

15- July 25, 2016 : Submit DS-260 (3 persons)

16- July 26, 2016 : Ask NVC if I can file CSPA

17- July 28, 2016 : NVC replied CSPA as "cannot be reviewed" due to "no visa number available"

18- Aug. 10, 2016 : Send AOS and IV Package

19- Aug. 12, 2016 : NVC received all the civil documents and I-864 AOS Financial Documents (11.04 AM)

20- Aug. 15, 2016 : Sent ASK NVC to Add my petitioner as my (Agent/Attorney)

21- Aug. 17, 2016 : NVC Scan Date (NOA 1)

22- Aug. 20, 2016 : NVC Replied and removed my previous Attorney and add my Petitioner

to be my new (Agent/Attorney)

23- Oct. 04, 2016 : My son's name (who is under CSPA) deleted

24- Oct. 05, 2016 : Received NOA2 asking for 2015 W-2 (form)

25- Oct 05, 2016 : send 2015 W-2 form by (Email & Mail)

26- Oct. 06, 2016 : Case Complete Email

27- Oct. 11, 2016 : Case Completed after receiving all required Documents (NOA 3)

28- .....................: Interview Confirmation | P4

29- .....................: Medical
30- .....................: Interview [at 00.00 AM]

31- .....................: Visa in Hand

32- .....................: POE [JFK]

33- .....................: CSPA approved

34- .....................: Checklist certification scan date

35- .....................: NVC Scan Date 2

36- .....................: Case Completed at NVC (confirmed by calling on .....................)

37- .....................: Visa issued

Timeline

http://colorlines.com/archives/2013/04/gang_of_eight_immigration_reform_details.html

On Visas

The legislation also shifts the balance of the legal immigration system over the next decade toward employment-based visas rather than family-based green cards.

The bill adds new visas for immigrants trained in science and technology fields, while it chops whole categories of visas for some family members, including siblings of U.S.-citizens, and other visa programs, like the Diversity Visa program that many African immigrants rely upon. Gay and lesbian couples are denied the right to petition for a green card for non-citizen partners.

At the same time, the Act promises to clear the existing family immigration backlog by admitting everyone who’s currently been waiting to reunite with family in the U.S. for years, sometimes multiple decades.

Timeline

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/nationworld/report/041713_immigration_bill/bill-outline-shows-sweeping-immigration-overhaul/

In its current form, the bill will also decrease current backlogs for immigrants waiting for legal status, and expand the number of family and employment visas currently available. Five years after the bill is enacted, 120,000 “merit-based” visas will be allocated that “awards points to individuals based on their education, employment, length of residence in the U.S. and other considerations. Those individuals with the most points earn the visas.”

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Read the following points carefully educed from summary of Immigration reform bill.

1. The bill eliminates the backlog for family and employment-based immigrants (see below discussion of merit-based system).

2. The bill repeals the availability of immigrant visas for siblings of U.S. citizens once 18 months have elapsed since the date of enactment.

3. Under one component of this merit based system the Secretary will allocate merit-based immigrant visas beginning on October 1, 2014 for employment-based visas that have been pending for three years, family-based petitions that were filed prior to enactment and have been pending for five years, long-term alien workers and other merit based immigrant workers.

------------------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---------------------------

1. The bill eliminates the backlog for family and employment-based immigrants (see below discussion of merit-based system).

A. It means bill will eliminate backlog , but people who won't get their visas after 18 months of enactment will have to go through merit based immigration.

2. The bill repeals the availability of immigrant visas for siblings of U.S. citizens once 18 months have elapsed since the date of enactment.

A. it means very simple , No More visas for F4 once 18 month time has elapsed.than you must have to qualify for the visa through merit based immigration.

3. Under one component of this merit based system the Secretary will allocate merit-based immigrant visas beginning on October 1, 2014 for employment-based visas that have been pending for three years, family-based petitions that were filed prior to enactment and have been pending for five years, long-term alien workers and other merit based immigrant workers.

A. It means they plan to start Merit based system and repeal F4 from 1 October 2014.

according to mathematical calculation it is wrong , 18 months will elapsed on December 2014 , if bill would pass and enactment is done on 4 July 2013.

but if you calculate from today ,April , than it is exactly correct.

from April it will take 18 months to reach October 2014.

So I think senators have wrote this bill in sense of today, April.

they have left this point to amended by senate to change the month 1 October 2014 to December 2014.

Edited by savvy.boy

Savvy Boy

Read the following points carefully educed from summary of Immigration reform bill.

------------------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---------------------------

A. It means bill will eliminate backlog , but people who won't get their visas after 18 months of enactment will have to go through merit based immigration.

A. it means very simple , No More visas for F4 once 18 month time has elapsed.than you must have to qualify for the visa through merit based immigration.

A. It means they plan to start Merit based system and repeal F4 from 1 October 2014.

according to mathematical calculation it is wrong , 18 months will elapsed on December 2014 , if bill would pass and enactment is done on 4 July 2013.

but if you calculate from today ,April , than it is exactly correct.

from April it will take 18 months to reach October 2014.

So I think senators have wrote this bill in sense of today, April.

they have left this point to amended by senate to change the month 1 October 2014 to December 2014.

quote]

My understanding OF this BILL

They will continue to accept F4 PETITIONS 18 mths after the bill is enacted.Come 1st Oct 2014 there will be merit based visas available for petitions filed before the bill was passed and those who have been waiting for 5 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.