Then the backlog for F4 Visas can be eliminated..it works...:thumbs:

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Good Calculation.

Savvy Boy

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Immigration bill released. 844 pages.

All,

I tried to check this bill and there are some interesting points on this bill...as you all know it is a very lengthy and complicated bill and I can be wrong but this are few things I found out which interests us all....

page...105...line 3 onwards..

(2) BACK OF THE LINE.The status of a registered provisional immigrant may not be adjusted to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence under this section until after the Secretary of State certifies that immigrant visas have become available for all approved petitions for immigrant visas that were filed under sections 201 and 203 before the date of the enactment of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act.

We fall under 203 clause and as per this current illegals can not become legal permanent resident till visa is available for all of us (approved) beneficiaries when this law is implemented

Page..269..Line 17 onwards...SEC. 2302. MERIT-BASED TRACK TWO.

it is lengthy one but as per my understanding this is how it is going to work...they will try to eliminate backlog as much as they can in 18 months...after October 2014, all the approved petitions under F4 and F3 will be automatically eligible under merit based track two..We don't need additional point system to qualify (there is some 5 year date logic in this which I think don't apply to us)...but as per my understanding we are automatically eligible as per eligibility rule 2 (page 270)...they will continue to issue visa till 2022 and beyond under new numerical limit of this track...

so in a nutshell...I think our biggest fear of being eliminated is not there....If most of us are lucky then we will get visa in 18 months..if not we will be qualified under track 2...also the first paragraph has mentioned no illegals will be able to become legal PR unless visa is available to all of us waiting in line...

I can be wrong and please let me know your comments!

Edited by waitingforvisa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

On page no. 282 and line no. 24 of this CIR bill...they clearly mention that they will increase visa for F4 catogery...they give 40% to F4...so 40% of 480000 is 192000.......so they increase visa from 65000 to 192000........

I think that part fall under SEC. 2305. RECLASSIFICATION OF SPOUSES AND MINOR

2 CHILDREN OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESI3

DENTS AS IMMEDIATE RELATIVES. ( page280)

it has nothing to do with sibling....correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by warrup

Filed: Timeline

All,

I tried to check this bill and there are some interesting points on this bill...as you all know it is a very lengthy and complicated bill and I can be wrong but this are few things I found out which interests us all....

(2) BACK OF THE LINE.—The status of a registered provisional immigrant may not be adjusted to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence under this section until after the Secretary of State certifies that immigrant visas have become available for all approved petitions for immigrant visas that were filed under sections 201 and 203 before the date of the enactment of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act.

We fall under 203 clause and as per this current illegals can not become legal permanent resident till visa is available for all of us (approved) beneficiaries when this law is implemented

it is lengthy one but as per my understanding this is how it is going to work...they will try to eliminate backlog as much as they can in 18 months...after October 2014, all the approved petitions under F4 and F3 will be automatically eligible under merit based track two..We don't need additional point system to qualify (there is some 5 year date logic in this which I think don't apply to us)...but as per my understanding we are automatically eligible as per eligibility rule 2 (page 270)...they will continue to issue visa till 2022 and beyond under new numerical limit of this track...

so in a nutshell...I think our biggest fear of being eliminated is not there....If most of us are lucky then we will get visa in 18 months..if not we will be qualified under track 2...also the first paragraph has mentioned no illegals will be able to become legal PR unless visa is available to all of us waiting in line...

I also read what I thought would be of concern to F4ers and my impressions were exactly the same as yours. Those who can't get their visas in the 18 month period following the enactment of the bill would fall under the tier two fo the merit-based system, which it apperas was created only for the purpose of eliminating all the backlog of applications. Let's wait and see.

Timeline

How do you figure that? Isn't that 127,000 per year, and not per month??

Keeping the goal of CIR to reduce the backlog, i took months...otherwise it will take 18 years to clear the backlog..:)

I think that part fall under SEC. 2305. RECLASSIFICATION OF SPOUSES AND MINOR

2 CHILDREN OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESI3

DENTS AS IMMEDIATE RELATIVES. ( page280)

it has nothing to do with sibling....correct me if i am wrong.

To correct you, it is Page 282...

Timeline

All,

(2) BACK OF THE LINE.—The status of a registered provisional immigrant may not be adjusted to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence under this section until after the Secretary of State certifies that immigrant visas have become available for all approved petitions for immigrant visas that were filed under sections 201 and 203 before the date of the enactment of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act.

Quite Feasible and possible if there are any last minute F4 filers who could not make it in the backlog clearance...:yes:

Edited by Visa Grant

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think Visa Grant is 100 percent correct.

bill is quiet simple.

They will keep issuing family based visas till 18 months after enactment.

and after that , all approved petitions pending more than 5 years will automatically qualify for Merit based Immigration Track 2.

so guys now you all should start concentrating on merit based immigration.

who would qualify ???

it would be easy or very difficult to qualify , start finding facts on this !

Savvy Boy

Timeline

Family Visas Cut, Family Visas Added

The immigration bill promises to clear out the existing backlog of over 4 million family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents waiting for green cards to join their family members. Over the next 10 years, all those who’ve already petitioned to come to the U.S. could be allowed in.

But beginning 18 months after the bill takes effect, U.S. citizens will no longer be allowed to bring their non-citizen siblings to the U.S. Those currently waiting in the long visa backlogs will be cleared, but after that, if you’re from another country and your brother or sister is in the U.S., they’ll be of no help to get you here.

The bill would also stop granting visas to the adult married children of U.S. citizens.

On the other hand, the legislation does make changes that will help unite some families who now have to wait decades. For example, currently, an endless number of citizens can petition for green cards for their minor children and spouses, but there’s a cap on the number of these family members who legal residents can sponsor. The bill would remove that cap and allow all minor kids and spouses of residents to come to the U.S.

http://colorlines.com/archives/2013/04/theres_been_a_lot_of.html

Timeline

my interview was on 21st march consular said "your case is in A.P for 3-4 week" but we didnt got any reply till now status is still in A.P.

Anyone know how much time it will take?

Since when have they started subjecting Indian nationals to A.P?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.