38 posts in this topic

Sunny,

I would think twice about doing an FOIA. I filed an FOIA to view the consular notes and it would have taken 12-18 months to complete. CSC could not look at my case until the FOIA was finished. I ended up canceling the request. Then csc found my case and told me it was expired.

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
MArtin,

I don't have any letter from the Vnese Embassy/Consulate in Washing DC. How can you get that letter? CAn we use FOIA for know the reason Co denied the petition?

Hope you both are well and happy marriage.

SID

I filed a FOIA with the Department of state for our denied visa application. It took almost a year to get the answer, and the answer was that they can not give the reason for the denial. My lawyer filed a FOIA ($500.00) with the Department of Homeland Securities about the petition 1 1/2 years ago, no response as of yet. Total waste of time, effort, and money.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Sunny,

I would think twice about doing an FOIA. I filed an FOIA to view the consular notes and it would have taken 12-18 months to complete. CSC could not look at my case until the FOIA was finished. I ended up canceling the request. Then csc found my case and told me it was expired.

Hi Dave,

I still not hear my case is expired by CSC, only hear that from my Senator. What can we do If paper was expired ? Will you refile K1 again, Dave?

Thanks for everyone 's experience , I think it is very useful for someone like me

Sid

K1 visa- Round 1 – CSC

20-08-2005: I-129F NOA1

25-10-2005: I-129F NOA2

03-11-2005: NVC received

01-12-2005: Received by Consulate

12-12-2006: Package 3

10-02-2006: Package 4

20-03-2006: K1 visa Interview

20-04-2006: K1 visa denied

24-06-2006: Petition was sent back to USCIS

30-06-2006: Received I-797 notice case being review

30-07-2006: Sent letter to CSC to rebut what Consulate stated.

01-12-2006: Sent letter again

01-03-2007: Sent letter to Ombudsman because of the processing out of time

27-03-2007: Received letter from CSC, case still being review

20-11-2007: Re-approved Petition

15-12-2007: NVC received

21-12-2007: NVC sent case back to VSC where new petition refiled

K1 visa- Round 2 - VSC

08-11-2007: I-129F NOA1

10-06-2008: Both petition sent to CSC for being review again

10-07-2008: I-129F NOA2

17-07-2008: NVC received

13-08-2008: Received by Consulate

18-08-2008: Package 3

12-09-2008: Package 4

14-10-2008: K1 visa Interview

22-12-2008: Visa received

30-01-2009: US Entry

14-02-2009: Marriage

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I realized today that I hadn't posted my update here and I want all of you to know the good news....

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I just got home from visiting my husband in Medellin last night (6/17/07) and of course, today I'm sitting at work completely bummed out because although we had a wonderful time together, everytime someone asks me how my trip was I want to say "TERRIBLE!! I'm here and he's there and we don't know when he's coming!!!" Its taking all my strenght not to cry.

Well....my cell phone rings..ID UNAVAILABLE...I'm so busy that I hesitate to answer b/c its probably a bill collector (ha ha ha), but I think, sometimes when the hubby calls it says the same thing...so I answered......

"This is the vice-consul from the US Embassy in Bogota..." I almost fell out of my chair! "We have your husband's application under administrative review and want to offer you another opportunity to interview in Bogota" The lady is as nice and polite as she can be, she tells me that the police certificate and medical examsa are all valid and that she only needs me to send her an updated I-864 with this year's tax return and then she says "how SOON DO YOU WANT THE INTERVEIW?" (YESTERDAY, I want to scream!!!) She says that the embassy "understands that long distance relationships are difficult and that they have to be very carefull in order to prevent marriage fraud" (she was almost apologizing to me)...then she says to me...."do you remember that I was the one that interviewed you and your husband in Februrary?" I SURE DID! So with that I started to explain away some of the concerns she raised at the interveiw and she said "let's not revisit the interview, I'm going to give you the opporutnity to have another interview with another officer and to provide additional evidence" I told her that I just got home from Colombia last night and she said "that's great! that will be very beneficial to proving the validity of your marriage" She gave me her email addres and asked me to email her with the dates I'm available to travel to Bogota with my husband and promised to get back to me this week with an interview date!!!!

I don't know if this was prompted by my constant pestering of my congressman (Sentator Saxby Chamblis, GA), incestant prayers to the Almighty or what, but I thank God first for this unbelievable turn of events and secondly to the support from the VJ community!

I have a meeting with my boss today to formally request the time off (I'm out of vacation days and just got home yesterday!) and as soon as I get the OK at work, I'm emailing her with my availability for the appointment!!!!!!! It looks like we can have an interview in less than a month!!!

Thank you to everyone in the Colombia Club and on VJ for your prayers, support and advice....I'll keep you informed of our progress!!! WE HAVE A NEW INTERVIEW ON JULY 23rd in BOGOTA....

Dre

Edited by OskaryAndrea

7/19/06 - Married in Medellin

9/4/06 - Submitted I-130

9/18/06 - NOA1 Recieved

9/25/06 - Submitted I-129F

9/27/06 - NOA1 Recieved

11/22/06 - NOA2 Recieved for BOTH I-129F & I-130(APPROVED!!!)

1/22/07 - 1st Interview in Bogota (221g Issued, new appointment scheduled)

02/16/07 - 2nd Interview (Visa Denied)

2/21/07 - Contacted Senator Saxby Chambliss GA for Assitance

7/23/07 - 3rd Interview - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

11/13/07 - POE - JFK

AOS...A new journey begins

2/7/08 - AOS Officially In Mail _ Overnight Mail to Chicgo

2/8/08 - Recieved in Chicago

2/14/08 - NOA1 Recieved

3/11/08 - Biometrics Appointment

4/11/08 - Recv'd Email - EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered

4/15/08 - Recv'd EAD Card, Applied for SS Card

4/21/08 - Recv'd SS Card

4/20/09 - Interview Date

6/12/09 - AOS Approved

7/25/09 - Received Green Card in Mail

4/23/11 - 2nd Interview - Approved Lifted Conditions

12/13/2012 - Naturalization Ceremony (FINALLY OVER)

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salaam Kiya, from what I've just learned ,we have now recieved 221g .I totally agree,there seems to be a big problem .Actaully,thats an understatement...but thats allI can say on it for now.Hope the very best for anyone trying to have a good mariage with someone they TRULY love. Keep in touch

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi Kiya my Fiance was denied yesterday 09/22/11 reason given Marriage for immigration purposes only ! and that our case is being returned to the approved DHS office. Please I need Help where you finally successful ? My son and I are so devastated I had to tell him today that daddy is not coming and he literally cried please give me some advice I have contacted my congressman down and I am going to sign the release of information at the consulate. thank in advance

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Folks, I'm confused. When you get the 221g, doesn't this mean you are going into additional administrative processing?

Administrative processing is not about the authenticity of relationships, it is about homeland security?

Am I incorrect about this??

Lama
-------------------------------------------------------

Oct 2010 - April 2012 (18 months) for K1 Visa process and AP

April 4, 2012 - Married in the USA!

Dec 2012 - Hubby gets greencard (conditional)

If you hare having problems with administrative processing, feel free to send me a message.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Folks, I'm confused. When you get the 221g, doesn't this mean you are going into additional administrative processing?

Administrative processing is not about the authenticity of relationships, it is about homeland security?

Am I incorrect about this??

What does the 221g say? There should be a box checked.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.