Maleman

Failed Medical - sputum exam

29 posts in this topic

To all of my friends here on VisaJourney:

I’m not normally lost for words, but today after reading your replies, I find myself so humbled that words alone will not be enough to express my appreciation. I have never seen your faces, talked to you on the phone, or been fortunate enough to grace a conversation with any of you over a cup of coffee. However, somehow or another all of you have become a surrogate family to me. While there is a chance that kindness such as this may go unrewarded, it will on the other hand bring blessings to others. May these blessings be the most contagious reaction among those that need faith, hope, and comfort. As I see those that have reached out to others on this site, it reminds me of true compassion, along with a real feeling of patriotism. The “patriotism” I am referring to does not necessarily get energized from being from a specific country or place, it is a kindness given that comes from the inner most place of your soul. It is a gift that no government or institution has molded us to deliver. The basis of this kindness is derived from one source. I’m not certain of what faith or convictions you have, but I do know that you have given a contribution to human life that will never be forgotten or perish. The arches of my faith have been reinforced by my faceless friends that have lifted me up in my time of need. Many thanks of gratitude to all of you.

May God bless,

The “Maleman”

@Future Asawa...Another question: did St. Lukes call your wife with the results of the two-month TB culture, or was she required to go there in person?

Someone asked this in the Philippines forum. It was in oldlipa's thread.

No, they never did call her with the results of the TB culture. They told her to call on a certain day that would mark the 2 months.If culture would be positive any where in the 2 month waiting period then they would call her. When she called on the selected date they told her the culture results were not ready to call back the next day. She called back next day and they told her the results were negative and she could come back for her shots. This information was given to her on Tuesday, She flew into Manila on Thursday and went to St.Lukes's to finish the medical exam and they had her embassy interview set for the following morning on Friday.

No, they never did call her with the results of the TB culture. They told her to call on a certain day that would mark the 2 months.If culture would be positive any where in the 2 month waiting period then they would call her. When she called on the selected date they told her the culture results were not ready to call back the next day. She called back next day and they told her the results were negative and she could come back for her shots. This information was given to her on Tuesday, She flew into Manila on Thursday and went to St.Lukes's to finish the medical exam and they had her embassy interview set for the following morning on Friday.

Wow...the next day...that was a quick rescheduling of her interview. Thanks again for the info! :star:

• 2 years later...

hello everyone ? i had my sputum test last oct.16,17,18... i'll be back on monday oct.22., sana negative., pls do help me pray plss.. interview ko na sana on oct.22... di bale basta negative ang result ng sputum test, i'll be fine ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread (revived after 27 months) moved from Embassy/Consulate forum to Philippines regional subforum -- topic is country-specific. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone ? i had my sputum test last oct.16,17,18... i'll be back on monday oct.22., sana negative., pls do help me pray plss.. interview ko na sana on oct.22... di bale basta negative ang result ng sputum test, i'll be fine ?

How did it go?

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

i went back to St Lukes today for the result of my 3days sputum test,. and its NEGATIVE :) God is good all the time! i'll be back on december18 for the culture test result, sana Negative ulet.. ok lang maghintay ng two months basta worth it ang result di ba.. in God's name i know everything will be ok..

Timeline

i went back to St Lukes today for the result of my 3days sputum test,. and its NEGATIVE :) God is good all the time! i'll be back on december18 for the culture test result, sana Negative ulet.. ok lang maghintay ng two months basta worth it ang result di ba.. in God's name i know everything will be ok..

Yay! Congratulations. :) I'm happy for you!

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/05 - Pay IV bill

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Timeline

My mom will also wait for Dec. 18 to find out the final results of her sputum test. :) I've setup a physical exam for her at St. Luke's Medical Center because it's a lot cheaper to have it done over there and it's more comprehensive than to have it done over here. No need to wait for authorization from the insurance. One of the things that I wished I had done before I came here was not to delay my tooth filling. I spent $200 on dental work during my first month here for a single tooth! So, I suggest that you use this time to do some shopping, dental and full physical exam done while waiting. :) Put the waiting time into good use. hehe

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/05 - Pay IV bill

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i took my medical exam last Oct. 22 and my Xray results said that i have a suspicious in my lung so they put me on hold for sputum test... and they scheduled me this coming Nov. 3, 4 and 5...so while waiting i flew back here in my town and because im too worried and wanted to know what the doctor seeing in my X-ray... i went to see a doctor and she ordered me another X-ray... After my X-ray my result is this PTB Minimal of undetermined activity of my upper right lobe... Is it possible that this bad results is from my congestion? I have a congestion when i took my two x-rays... and also i dont have any symptoms that im having a tb... Im even a little fat and not losing weight... and i dont cough also... I dont know anyone who has TB...

Please help me give some advice... im too woried about this now...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most sputums are negative. The reason so many people get sputum is that the chest x-ray is not a good test as it shows way too many false positives, But they use it anyway since it gives the fastest results and can therefore clear the most amount of people in the least amount of time.

So if you get a positive from the x-ray, it does not automatically mean TB. It just means that you need sputum, which will more likely than not clear you.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Timeline
On 7/8/2010 at 2:05 AM, Norm and Grace said:

My wife just got done going through the sputum test. It takes three days. She has to go to the clinic every morning to give a sample. It's not painful, they just make you cough so they can get the sample for culture. Tell her to get some cough drops because she will have a minor soar throat the first day. Two days after the sputum test she has to return for the first results (will confirm if she has TB or not)and doctors recommendations. They will culture the sample for the next two months to confirm she does not have TB. If the sample test positive for TB then the treatment takes 7 months. She would have to live in Manila for the 7 months because, St. Luke's has to dispense the drugs daily. Lets not hope for that. Yeah two month delay, it sucks but what can we do but be patient. Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Do you let the consulate know about the failed medical exam? Did you have to the interview  on the scheduled date? I have a similar story about my relative, not sure what to do with the current date, to go or to not go at all?

23 minutes ago, Rushkani said:

Do you let the consulate know about the failed medical exam? Did you have to the interview  on the scheduled date? I have a similar story about my relative, not sure what to do with the current date, to go or to not go at all?

The last message here was 3 years ago.  Try creating a new topic for more up to date comments.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rushkani said:

Failed the medical exam or have to complete SPUTUM?   SPUTUM is not failing the medical exam, it is just extending it.   And yes you should cancel your current interview appointment if you have to complete SPUTUM.   You can reschedule your interview once you know you have cleared the medical.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.