웃

Sharia Law Comes to Dearborn, Michigan?

137 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Christians who convert generally don't have to fear for their lives or leave their countries for fear of being killed over their conversion. Many Muslims do. That's the difference.

that's what you think, not necessarily what is so. But, anything other than that doesn't seem to register for many like you.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

A lot of my post grad training is in history, and history shows that Christians have not a damn thing to brag about when it comes to compassion and benevolence toward non-Christians. The incivility and air of superiority among those who negatively portray Islam and Muslims only serves to reinforce thst history.

A lot of my post grad training is in history, and history shows that Christians have not a damn thing to brag about when it comes to compassion and benevolence toward non-Christians. The incivility and air of superiority among those who negatively portray Islam and Muslims only serves to reinforce thst history.

Thats history, were in the 21st century. A lot of Islam is behind the times.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

The title of this thread gives it away as a Muslim/Islam bashing hyperbolic thread based on false premises. A thread of this sort shows up every few days so that a few haters can display their disdain and their ignorance. That's all this exercise is about, in case no one noticed.

Also, it should be noted that the number of threads started to bash non-Muslims is substantially less and not often even started by Muslims, demonstrating who tends toward aggression and intolerance on this board.

Maybe, but the OP also technically bashes Christianity with every post. I think for many its an equal opportunity sort of thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
that's what you think, not necessarily what is so. But, anything other than that doesn't seem to register for many like you.

I don't base it on what I think. I base it on what I read in the news and from the testimonies of those who have feared for their lives and received death threats for becoming Christians. But you can live in your rose-colored world and deny what happens on a daily basis to those who decide to no longer practice Islam or you can wake up and see what happens. And I understand that in more secular countries, one can leave Islam and not worry. But many who do leave have reason to worry. If you want, I can start posting links. It won't be pretty.

RoC Timeline

08/20/2012: Sent I-751 to California Service Center

Our Immigration Checklist

I'm Christian - Lutheran.

Deep down I believe there is a god but I could never believe in the Christian or Muslim god. I have read a good portion of both books and it amazes me to no end how so many people could believe such nonsense. I do hope that one day I will get a sign from the almighty because I dont want death to be the end.

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Deep down I believe there is a god but I could never believe in the Christian or Muslim god. I have read a good portion of both books and it amazes me to no end how so many people could believe such nonsense. I do hope that one day I will get a sign from the almighty because I dont want death to be the end.

Sounds like you have a problem with organized religion and not with G-d. You want a sign, but what are you expecting? Isn't this enough? We could even throw in the Torah but that still wouldn't help you with your problem.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Sounds like you have a problem with organized religion and not with G-d. You want a sign, but what are you expecting? Isn't this enough? We could even throw in the Torah but that still wouldn't help you with your problem.

I do have a problem with organized religion but that is a another topic.

Christians/Muslims believe that God/Allah had a hand in the Bible/Quran. My problem is I cant believe that and my only hope is for divine intervention or otherwise I will have to go to my grave with fingers crossed hoping that death isn't the end.

"Isn't this enough?" What are you referring too? That I have a problem?

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
"Isn't this enough?" What are you referring too?

HE sent down Prophets and Scriptures to help guide us to Him. Why do you think that they exist ? We cannot approach G-d. He is so far beyond what we can hope to comprehend that this is the most our minds can handle.

I don't know what more you want. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Religion, organized or otherwise, is an attempt to approach G-d, it is not even a scintilla of Him.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

HE sent down Prophets and Scriptures to help guide us to Him. Why do you think that they exist ? We cannot approach G-d. He is so far beyond what we can hope to comprehend that this is the most our minds can handle.

I don't know what more you want. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Religion, organized or otherwise, is an attempt to approach G-d, it is not even a scintilla of Him.

These scriptures are hard to believe and with such doubt one should not try to believe in it and hold out for intervention or something more reasonable.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think it's asking a lot to expect modern people to buy into the supernatural aspects of religious texts. Philosophically I agree with Christianity, but I don't believe that Jesus was immortal or that he came back to life after the crucifixion. I do think you have to look at the time in which it came into being - people were a lot more superstitious 2000 years ago than they are now.

I think it's asking a lot to expect modern people to buy into the supernatural aspects of religious texts. Philosophically I agree with Christianity, but I don't believe that Jesus was immortal or that he came back to life after the crucifixion. I do think you have to look at the time in which it came into being - people were a lot more superstitious 2000 years ago than they are now.

Yes of course the Bible teaches very good life lessons.

What are you suggesting when you posted that people back then were a lot more superstitious?

Do you believe that God had a hand in the Bible?

Edited by _Simpson_