islandgirl27

divorce &annulment

22 posts in this topic

correct continue the process of annulment..

The existence of a valid divorce decree, however, does not automatically entitle the Filipino to remarry in the Philippines. The foreign divorce decree must be judicially recognized in the Philippines. This means that the proper action or petition must be filed in a Philippine court. For purposes of re-marriage, the divorce validly secured abroad is not automatically recognized here in the Philippines.

I was married in the Philippines and secured a divorce in the United States. Both of us are Filipinos and my spouse voluntarily signed the divorce papers. After the divorce, I married another guy, a former Filipino who had acquired U.S. citizenship. I am still a Filipino citizen. Is my previous marriage still valid in the Phils.?

Yes, the first marriage is still considered valid in the Philippines because divorce between Filipinos, wherever secured and even if with the consent of both spouses, is not recognized under Philippine laws. In other words, as far as the Philippines is concerned, the second marriage is null and void.

How much did you spent already for the whole annulment process?

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

How much did you spent already for the whole annulment process?

hi perge!, well original price is 200k but bcoz i was referred by our provincial lawyer to his friend who is my lawyer now, i was discounted 30k, plus extra fee on other expenses... she is based in manila and have her own law firm... :star:

godsgift (L)

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

hi perge!, well original price is 200k but bcoz i was referred by our provincial lawyer to his friend who is my lawyer now, i was discounted 30k, plus extra fee on other expenses... she is based in manila and have her own law firm... :star:

godsgift (L)

Aw, thank you. I have a friend kasi na she is married to a USC as well and they got married in the PI. She is no longer living with her husband and wanting to marry another guy. So I don't know if she needs to get an annulment first or just a divorce so she can remarry here in the US.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Aw, thank you. I have a friend kasi na she is married to a USC as well and they got married in the PI. She is no longer living with her husband and wanting to marry another guy. So I don't know if she needs to get an annulment first or just a divorce so she can remarry here in the US.

uhmm i see, ur welcome po.. yes bcoz they were married here in the Phil. too she needs to get an annulment pero kung gusto nya divorce, magpadivorce sya sa USC husband nya then un divorce decree nya eh ipa-recognize na alng nya dito sa PI pede din na magfile na sya ng annulment para isa na lang proseso, wla ng divorce ska wla na ding recognize ng divorce decree... good luck sa friend mo...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

For future purposes, especially if there are properties involved, and to have PEACE OF MIND..continue your annulment in the Philippines and DONT remarry until the decision has been final and executory. Your citizenship is immaterial..as long as you got married in the Philippines while being a Filipino citizen, our Philippine family laws will haunt your status unless changed under our courts .

Goodluck!

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

This is a very interesting topic, now it make me curious what if

A flipino citizen married a US citizen in the states and the divorsed .

Now went back to the Philippines to marry .Is this considered legal in the Philippines?

This is a very interesting topic, now it make me curious what if

A flipino citizen married a US citizen in the states and the divorsed .

Now went back to the Philippines to marry .Is this considered legal in the Philippines?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.