Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malla

Sworn affidavit(s) for I-751

12 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

I am gathering documents to aply for removal condition of temp green card? Does Sworn affidavit(s) need to send or it is optional? I really need your suggestions. Thanks.

Hi Malla,

The general opinion is if you feel you have enough evidence, then affidavits are not needed, but if you feel you want to include them then go ahead and do so; so they are optional.

Sworn affidavits could be written by anyone who can attest to your marriage. Some people get them notarized but others have sent in copies that were not notarized and were accepted.

If you like, you can share (generally) what your evidence consists of and them some members could provide you with a better recommendation on whether to send affidavits or not!

Hope this clears things a little...

The affidavits are considered to be a weak for of evidence. You can include letters written by friends and family members (they do not necessarily have to be notarized). As mentioned above what are the other documents that you are planning on mailing? Joint Tax Returns, Bank Account Statements, Joint Home Mortgage/Rental agreements, Photographs, Joint Insurance Documents are considered to be the strongest evidence. If you do not have there then you really need affidavits (in this case it is good to get them notarized). Since we had all the other documents, we just sent couple of letters written and signed by friends (not notarized) and got approved in about 45 days or so. Good luck with your process!

Thanks. Did you include it? Well it should be only from friends or can get it from family members?

I included 2 affidavits....

Family, friends, or anyone who knows you and your spouse can write it. Remember, the person writing it needs to list how they know you and provide some several points on their ongoing relationship with you.

There is a sample letter on VJ that you can take a look at and use as a guide

Tnanks guys. I am planning to send joint apt lease document, bank account, joint health insurance, car insurance, dental insurance, air ticket for vacation,Joint tax docs and some pictures. I am confused how many pictures is good enough. Do i also need to send passport size pictures? Thanks.

We did not send any affidavits either as we had quite a load worth of papers. If you are sending them then send the original and keep a copy in your file.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.