visaveteran

Removal of Conditions interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

OK, looking for you CR-1 cats who've already been through the removal of conditions interview. Ours is coming up soon.

What should we expect? What should we bring? What types of questions to expect from the interviewer? Any tips? Any cautions? General comments?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi, you might wanted to get responses from Russian CR-1 filers, but the percentage of interview at ROC is like 5%.

So you can't expect feedback much...

I don't know if you ever searched topic on ROC but...

I'll give you general interview experience posted on ROC forumsmile.gif

Our interview today

Interview experience

If you have further questions, you can post on ROC forumwink.gif

Timeline

I looked a little closer at the USCIS letter and it mentions "capturing biometric data." It really doesn't say "interview." So maybe this visit to the USCIS is for fingerprints and photo? It only asks us to bring the 2-year green card and other photo ID.

Does this mean an interview will be scheduled later or we won't actually have an interview?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I looked a little closer at the USCIS letter and it mentions "capturing biometric data." It really doesn't say "interview." So maybe this visit to the USCIS is for fingerprints and photo? It only asks us to bring the 2-year green card and other photo ID.

Does this mean an interview will be scheduled later or we won't actually have an interview?

Is that "I-797, Notice of Action" and "ASC Appointment Notice" is the title of letter?

That's the Biometrics appointment letter as you guessedwink.gif

As for interview, nobody knows. It looks interview is chosen at random.

But if your case is some kind of suspicious or luck of evidences, you might be called.

But as I mentioned before, the percentage is like 5%smile.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OK, looking for you CR-1 cats who've already been through the removal of conditions interview. Ours is coming up soon.

What should we expect? What should we bring? What types of questions to expect from the interviewer? Any tips? Any cautions? General comments?

When I made the acquaintance of a VSC department head. I asked him about the LOC interview, evidence, etc., since it is the next step for us also. I posted his responses in the Removal of Conditions forum and it is pinned there. He went into detail of wht they like to see, what is not so important and what is pretty useless as far as evidence.

Top of the list includes intermingled financial business/responsibilities and evidence that both persons are considered by 3rd parties as "parents" of any children (medical and school records for children listing both persons as parents)

Bottom of the list was "joint magazine subscriptions" :lol:

Yes, that is the biometrics appointment letter. The interview, if any, will come later after biometrics are submitted.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Like others have said...it's not typical to have an interview in the Removal of Conditions process. The only people that I used to hear about having an interview for this were ones that for whatever reason were not previously interviewed as part of their Adjustment of Status, etc. Most likely, once you've done your biometrics appointment, you'll have a couple months waiting, and then you'll either get your approval or an RFE.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

People don't typically have an interview during lifting of conditions because they've already had one at their initial AOS application. But, since you did a CR-1 which means wifey came here with a green card in hand, you never went to an initial interview here in the States.

Since I'm no expert on CR-1 matters I can't really comment on how it normally goes other than to say the notice you got is for a biometrics appointment only and as the others have already said, K-1s usually don't have a lifting of conditions interview, just biometrics.

Since you never had an initial AOS interview you could have one for lifting conditions. Typically there's no interview, but then again, typically we all did K-1s.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

We just got finished removing conditions and we did DCF and therefore, my husband received his greencard right after he crossed the border and we never had to do AOS. We didn't get any RFEs or any interviews. Just a biometric appointment that took about 30 mins and 2 months later the card in the mail.

If you send in the right information that shows that you have comingled your finances and there are no other red flags, you shouldn't have to go for an interview.

• Jan 2004 - Met Sergey in Kharkov Ukraine when I substituted for his English teacher
  • August 2006 - Sergey and I are reacquainted and begin dating
  • February 2007 - Sergey proposes
  • May 19 2007 - Sergey and I are married in Ukraine
  • Jan 16 2008 - Filed I-130 petition at Kyiv Embassy
  • Jan 31 2008 - I-130 Approved
  • Feb 18 2008 - Medical Appointment
  • Feb 21 2008 - Final Interview Date - Visa approved
  • Feb 25 2008 - Visa delivered!
  • April 24 2008 - Arrived in America
  • June 21 2008 - Our son is born (3 months early). We made it to America just in time!
  • Waiting to "Remove Conditions" in 2010

Removing Conditions

• Feb 17 2010 - Sent off I-751
  • Feb 22 2010 - Date of NOA1
  • Mar 26 2010 - Date of Bio
  • May 10 2010 - Approved
  • June 2 2010 - Received Card in the mail

Timeline

We just got finished removing conditions and we did DCF and therefore, my husband received his greencard right after he crossed the border and we never had to do AOS. We didn't get any RFEs or any interviews. Just a biometric appointment that took about 30 mins and 2 months later the card in the mail.

If you send in the right information that shows that you have comingled your finances and there are no other red flags, you shouldn't have to go for an interview.

That's good news! Thanks!

Wow, Natalie, long time no see! Welcome back!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.