GabiandVi

"initial interview" letter

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

Okay, hopefully this is just paranoia on our part, but we received our interview letter today. It says, Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview. Is this what they all say, or does this mean they plan to give us a second interview? I'm a little nervous because we got this so quickly. It's almost like they didn't wait for the biometrics results to send the interview letter.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Okay, hopefully this is just paranoia on our part, but we received our interview letter today. It says, Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview. Is this what they all say, or does this mean they plan to give us a second interview? I'm a little nervous because we got this so quickly. It's almost like they didn't wait for the biometrics results to send the interview letter.

As far as i know the initial interview is where you have to prove that you marriage is real,is when they ask where you met ,how long you are together that kind of stuff just make sure you have photos and joint documents to show in the interview also its the initial interview but you are going to have a second interview only if the IO don't approve your green card and still think that you marriage may be fake.

just be yourself that is nothing to fear.

also the biometrics they don't need the results to send you the interview letter when i took my the guy told me that your fingerprints are send electronically one for your Alien file and the other for FBI check and only after the FBI check that they approve your green card but usually is clear before the interview and if its not clear get the IO is gonna tell you that still waiting in your FBI check after the interview.

good luck and congrats in your interview letter :thumbs:

04/30/10 First medical appointment

05/03/10 Medical done

05/04/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago 10:25AM (day 1)

05/10/10 Receipt e-mail and text MSG :) 3:44PM (day 6)

05/11/10 Checks cash (day 7)

05/13/10 Hard copies of 3 NOA on the mail (day 9)

05/13/10 All forms "touch"(day 9)

05/24/10 biometrics appt letter, dated 05/14 appt 06/03 :) ( day 20)

05/26/10 Biometrics done via walk in 10:30AM (day 22)

05/27/10 Update on I-485 and I-765 (day 23)

06/11/10 Call USCIS for expedite EAD(day 38)

06/11/10 Update on I-765(day 38)

06/21/10 Update on I-765 Card production ordered (day 48)

06/25/10 Update on I-765 2nd Card production ordered (day 52)

06/29/10 Update on I-765 approval send (day 56)

07/02/10 EAD card received (day 59)

07/06/10 Interview letter on the mail!! (day 63)

08/10/10 Interview day APPROVED No USCIS until 2020!!(day 98)

07/10/10 SS card received

08/10/10 Update on I-485 Card production Ordered (day 98)

08/13/10 Update on I-485 2nd Card production ordered (day 101)

08/14/10 Welcome letter and approval notice received (day 102)

08/23/10 Green card received (day 111)

NwAAAD5-8F1w3eCzigCyZAklr2nKzRRQmhP6iF1bZRwJdz061pIHJjmgZ91uLJNTHYMLALebkzNY88dH1RQ87I4Gi-wAm1T1ULFqF6zy4JfqM16CoqotwBD7mFqp.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I was also very surprised when I received my interview letter. It was so quick I wasn't expecting it. I'd always heard in the past that AOS process takes about six months, but apparently it's going a lot faster lately. Also, they sent me another piece of paper with the interview latter, which was explaining about criminal history evidence. So I thought "does this mean I have some kind of criminal history?" I called some of my friends who's done AOS, and they told me they send that piece of letter to everyone. (Am I correct?)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ours said 'initial interview' as well... and the interview we went in for was THE interview. If I understand correctly, you only need to go in for a second interview if your first/initial interview goes less than perfectly. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.