Arvin8

how can i get my cerfiticate of citizenship number?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

i came here at a very young age and became a citizen through my parents. so where would i get my citizenship certificate number that they ask for on the I-134 and I-129?

If you have the Certificate of Citizenship paper then it's on the top right side, if you don't have it then you have to apply for it.My Husband had the same problem.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

i came here at a very young age and became a citizen through my parents. so where would i get my citizenship certificate number that they ask for on the I-134 and I-129?

It would be on your Naturalization paperwork.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

If you are not a native born United States citizen, answer the following as appropriate:

a. If a United States citizen through naturalization, give certificate of naturalization number

b. If a United States citizen through parent(s) or marriage, give citizenship certificate number

c. If United States citizenship was derived by some other method, attach a statement of explanation.

d. If a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States, give "A" number

my question is, can i leave it blank since i dont have my certificate number?

HELP!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If you were born overseas to US parents, which is what I am guessing, I would choose C, other, state parents were US citizens and you were born overseas and provide a copy of your CRBA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you are not a native born United States citizen, answer the following as appropriate:

a. If a United States citizen through naturalization, give certificate of naturalization number

b. If a United States citizen through parent(s) or marriage, give citizenship certificate number

c. If United States citizenship was derived by some other method, attach a statement of explanation.

d. If a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States, give "A" number

my question is, can i leave it blank since i dont have my certificate number?

HELP!!!

Can you be more specific? Were you naturalized after your parents became citizens, or were you born to US citizen parents?

If you were born to US citizen parents, then you need either a certificate of citizenship or FS-240 Report of Birth Abroad.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

So you can have a FS-240 instead of a certificate of citizenship?

Removal of Conditions

09/03/2012 - Window opens

10/03/2012 - Mailed I-751 via USPS Priority Mail

10/05/2012 - Arrived @ VSC

09/19/2012 - NOA1 dated (actually received 11/7/12)

12/11/2012 - Biometrics taken

12/03/2012 - Conditional Green Card expires

Timeline

So you can have a FS-240 instead of a certificate of citizenship?

Yes. Read the instructions for the I-129F. A certificate of citizenship is not essential for a foreign born US citizen to prove their citizenship. Many of the people who apply for a certificate of citizenship are doing so because they have a legitimate claim to US citizenship because they were born to US citizen parents, but their birth was never registered at a US consulate. For someone with an FS-240 a certificate of citizenship is redundant, but they could apply for one if they wish to have a nice certificate to hang on their wall.

Can you be more specific? Were you naturalized after your parents became citizens, or were you born to US citizen parents?

If you were born to US citizen parents, then you need either a certificate of citizenship or FS-240 Report of Birth Abroad.

I was born in the Philippines and when we came here, my parents applied for

us citizenship. I was only 15 yrs old and became citizen through them. I

did not get a certificate number. only a us passport. i called the usci and told me I

don't need it and I can put n/a under the certificate num for the I-134 form.

should I still get it just in case? the thng is it's worth $460.

If you have the Certificate of Citizenship paper then it's on the top right side, if you don't have it then you have to apply for it.My Husband had the same problem.

I called the uscis and told me I don't need it but instead I was told I

should get it for my records? also they told me I can use my passport for proof.

did they yell him he needs it? what should I do?

I was born in the Philippines. got my citizen through my parents when we came here,

they got there naturalization certificate and I didn't one because it was

expensive.

Timeline

I was born in the Philippines and when we came here, my parents applied for

us citizenship. I was only 15 yrs old and became citizen through them. I

did not get a certificate number. only a us passport. i called the usci and told me I

don't need it and I can put n/a under the certificate num for the I-134 form.

should I still get it just in case? the thng is it's worth $460.

A copy of a valid US passport can always be used used in lieu of any other proof of citizenship, as long as it's not expired and has an original validity period of at least 5 years. Be sure you copy every page, including the front and back cover.

You could get a certificate of citizenship if you like, but it's not needed if you have a US passport.

You automatically became a citizen under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000. Your citizenship was derived from your parents, so you check the box labeled "Parents" in section 10 of the I-129F. Where it says "Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your name?" you check "No". In the box below that, write "n/a".

The I-134 is a little more complicated because it doesn't cover this particular scenario, and presumes you'll have a certificate of citizenship if your citizenship was derived from your parents. Best to follow option "c", and attach a letter explaining that your citizenship was derived from your parents under the CCA, and that you don't have a certificate of citizenship. Again, a copy of your passport will prove your citizenship.

A copy of a valid US passport can always be used used in lieu of any other proof of citizenship, as long as it's not expired and has an original validity period of at least 5 years. Be sure you copy every page, including the front and back cover.

You could get a certificate of citizenship if you like, but it's not needed if you have a US passport.

You automatically became a citizen under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000. Your citizenship was derived from your parents, so you check the box labeled "Parents" in section 10 of the I-129F. Where it says "Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your name?" you check "No". In the box below that, write "n/a".

The I-134 is a little more complicated because it doesn't cover this particular scenario, and presumes you'll have a certificate of citizenship if your citizenship was derived from your parents. Best to follow option "c", and attach a letter explaining that your citizenship was derived from your parents under the CCA, and that you don't have a certificate of citizenship. Again, a copy of your passport will prove your citizenship.

hello thanks for the reply.

should i put N/A under 1b like the person i talked to on the phone? because i became a citizen through my parents. should i still make a letter?

help!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.