Dr. A ♥ O

Why are people advising others that the K3 is obsolete?

117 posts in this topic

I am of the opinion that it is better to let the actions of NVC bear out this prediction than it is to bang a gong constantly about the K3 being dead. The information is out there for readers and they can make their plans accordingly. The appropriate I-130's can always be filed if NVC closes the I-129. In the meanwhile it's best to give an accurate representation of the merits of the two visas rather than get carried away with one perspective.

Johnny yes that would be the best action as you have stated it, but as you see most of the posters on this site doesn't have the capabaility to do that. My commet is based on the questions that are repeately posted by posters.

So, the fellow VJ's wanted to give them a helping hand by showing them the most efficient and effective method to use. If I was Pushbrk, I would leave this fight alone and hope that those who are opposing his method will be there for those Petioners who find themselves caught up in the middle of the K3 obsoleteness.

Those who have been on this board for a long period of time, understands that most people don't even read the guides before they start filing paper work. Then after they have filed the paper work and realized the petition they have filed for will not work for them, then come with the water falls. :crying::crying::crying:

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I am of the opinion that it is better to let the actions of NVC bear out this prediction than it is to bang a gong constantly about the K3 being dead. The information is out there for readers and they can make their plans accordingly. The appropriate I-130's can always be filed if NVC closes the I-129. In the meanwhile it's best to give an accurate representation of the merits of the two visas rather than get carried away with one perspective.

NVC actions have already matched their notice in multiple cases and given clear indication that they have no intention to make exceptions. NVC is happy to let the chips fall where they may and for families' reunification to be delayed as a result. As somebody participating in a public forum to help people successfully and reunite as soon as possible, I am going to continue to provide the guidance I'm confident is going to help, rather than to send them down a road I know will disappoint them. Others are free to offer their opinions whether in agreement or not.

Johnny yes that would be the best action as you have stated it, but as you see most of the posters on this site doesn't have the capabaility to do that. My commet is based on the questions that are repeately posted by posters.

So, the fellow VJ's wanted to give them a helping hand by showing them the most efficient and effective method to use. If I was Pushbrk, I would leave this fight alone and hope that those who are opposing his method will be there for those Petioners who find themselves caught up in the middle of the K3 obsoleteness.

Those who have been on this board for a long period of time, understands that most people don't even read the guides before they start filing paper work. Then after they have filed the paper work and realized the petition they have filed for will not work for them, then come with the water falls. :crying::crying::crying:

The capability mentioned is to do nothing, so I assure you all posters have the ability to do nothing. You are not me and this is not a fight, for me. I feel very sorry for anybody who thinks it is for themselves.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The problem with people hoping and wishing their K-3s will go through in this current era is that when NVC closes the 129f and proceeds with the I-130, the petitioner and the beneficiary are caught totally unprepared for the NVC stage. What could have technically been completed in 3-4 weeks now takes much longer as they need to sort out their PCCs, civil documents and tax information.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hadn't seen that thread before, I don't think?

But anyway, I don't think it's really relevant to this topic. People who come to VJ for advice and help should be checking the source. While it is up to each individual to double check the information they are given - it is also very helpful for us to post those sources when we reply.

Pushbrk has his take on the K3 scenario, in case no one has noticed, he's not going to budge on that. So if you feel strongly that this may not be the best advice then it is up to you (personally) to answer K3 questions with the answers you deem to be correct, including links to the DOS site, so that VJ posters can make their own decisions.

In my opinion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post containing a personal attack meant to 'bait' another member and post quoting same have been removed. The issue involved has been dealt with and there is no reason to raise it here again.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Post containing a personal attack meant to 'bait' another member and post quoting same have been removed. The issue involved has been dealt with and there is no reason to raise it here again.

Ok so having read all of the above this is what I can conclude. K-3 router is a good insurance policy with minor risk. It insures that something will get processed within 5 months. Although it may slow down the process, i.e if it were to get processed within 60 days now it can day 45. But there will be something or both approved within 5 months. I hope so...

I am all for following the law by the book and not worry about experiences. Because we have visibility only into the cases that are discussed on VJ, there are million other applications that we have no idea what happens to it.

Right. The tired argument is that CR1 visa holders enter (~8) weeks after K3 visa holders.

I did not fail to read the earlier posts. I also did not fail to check the timelines when we went through the process and before I posted. The "3 months or more referenced below" is actually 60 days. This according to the timelines.

Summary: The date they can "start work" is the SAME. The date they start life together is 60 days earlier. The price for starting life together earlier is higher and there is more paperwork. For us the priority was time. For some the priority is cost and paperwork reduction. You and I and Dan have had this arguement for years LOL. I take the opinion of the earlier poster and if indeed time is most important file them both, ask for the K3 if it is best for you, and let the chips fall where they will.

Regards,

David and Nitadyah

Apparently you failed to read the early posts in the thread and are unaware that it is NVC, not USCIS that effectively killed the K3. In a present day discussion, K3 is simply no longer available, making any argument FOR it, irrelevant TODAY.

This is also moot of course but obtaining work authorization for a K3 visa holder takes an AOS filing and three months or more of waiting. CR1 visa holders enter the US fully work authorized, with SS and Green cards arriving within two or three weeks in most cases. Not comparable at all.

i don't get it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Department of State to Close K-3 Visas if I-129F and I-130 Petitions Approved and Received Together

February 7th, 2010

Effective February 1st, 2010 (policy already in place), when both the I-129F petition for a nonimmigrant K visa and the I-130 petition for an IR-1 (or CR-1) spouse of a U.S. citizen visa have been approved by USCIS and sent to the National Visa Center (NVC), the availability as well as the need for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both petitions:

– The nonimmigrant K visa will be administratively closed.

– The NVC will contact the petitioner and beneficiary with instructions for processing a IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa.

If the NVC does not receive an approved I-130 petition and I-129F at the same time, the NVC will process the I-129F petition. The NVC will then send the petition to the embassy or consulate in the country where the marriage took place. If the marriage took place in the U.S., the NVC will send the petition to the embassy or consulate that issues visas in the beneficiary’s country of nationality. If the marriage took place in a country that does not have an American embassy, or the embassy does not issue visas, the NVC will send the petition to the embassy or consulate that normally processes visas for citizens of that country. For example, if the marriage took place in Iran where the U.S. does not have an embassy the petition would be sent to Turkey.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Right. The tired argument is that CR1 visa holders enter (~8) weeks after K3 visa holders.

I did not fail to read the earlier posts. I also did not fail to check the timelines when we went through the process and before I posted. The "3 months or more referenced below" is actually 60 days. This according to the timelines.

Summary: The date they can "start work" is the SAME. The date they start life together is 60 days earlier. The price for starting life together earlier is higher and there is more paperwork. For us the priority was time. For some the priority is cost and paperwork reduction. You and I and Dan have had this arguement for years LOL. I take the opinion of the earlier poster and if indeed time is most important file them both, ask for the K3 if it is best for you, and let the chips fall where they will.

Regards,

David and Nitadyah

If I am understanding what you are saying - when you say their work eligibility date is the same - this is because, according to your reasoning, they both have 60 days (approx) wait either before interview (CR1) or after entering the U.S. (K3)

There is one key item missing in that logic (to me) - you are not taking in to consideration that the person may already be working in their home country - so in fact with the CR1 their time being unemployed may be much shorter.

If you don't care about employment - then you need to choose one or the other based on other merits.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Summary: The date they can "start work" is the SAME.

On this one point, I absolutely disagree.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Pushbrk, I filed my K3 after February 1 so I will let you know what happends with my 129F.

I'll be curious about that as well. My money is on follow the I-130. Up to you.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Pushbrk, I filed my K3 after February 1 so I will let you know what happends with my 129F.

K3 is a visa, so not something you file. What did you file?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I filed the I-130. Then when I got the receipt for that I filed the I-129F.

Daboys I'm going to let the 130 die and follow the 129F.

That is not one of the available options and never was. NVC will kill your I-129F and you'll be left with only the I-130 to "follow". Best get your head around that now and learn the CR1 visa process.

I-130 petitions don't "die".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.