RitaMay

AOS Processing Fee

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Hello Group,

I received the packet for the AOS Fee.

I paid 70.00 on line. I printed out Cover Sheet.

I sent the Choice of Agent Form to China to have wife sign.

I will receive the Choice of Agent Form soon (DS-3032) signed from my wife.

I need help on what to send back. Is the Visa Center only wanting the cover sheet, copy of the receipt marked paid, and the Choice of Agent Form back now? Or is this the time to send the I-864 back also? If this is not the time to send the I-864 when will the time be?

Looking for some advice on what I am to do. I am so scared to make a mistake. The process intimidates me a great deal.

Thanks Group.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

as far as i know the AOS cover sheet needs to be printed and attached to the AOS packet. the IV coversheet goes on top of the ds230 packet.

just so u know u can send in the email format of the ds3032 (choice of agent) instead of sending it in snail mail. u can do both but through email its much faster. saves time.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

2010-04-19: approved online wohoooo

2010-04-24: NOA2 hardcopy received

2010-04-26: gave 2 email addresses and assigned case #

2010-04-27: received/sent ds3032, AOS bill

2010-05-01: IV bill became available online/paid

2010-05-06: sent in DS230 package via express mail 9:07am

2010-05-11: NVC acknowledges the receipt of AOS on 05/05

2010-05-13: operator told me that AOS sent to supervisor for review....

2010-05-14: AVR changes to received the checklist letter response on 5/13

2010-05-23: RFE for original birth cert. (i did sent original).......arghhh

2010-05-24: BC under review by some department

2010-06-02: sent in original BC again and previous BC is still under review

2010-06-10: NVC recognizes BC into their system

2010-06-15: BC under review

2010-06-21: SIF!!!!!omggggg soo happy 57 days in NVC process

2010-06-28: interview on Aug. 19, 8am.

2010-08-19: interview went fine but he's put into AP :(

2011-01-09: almost 5 months in AP "still pending"

2011-02-06: 5 and half months and still counting......when is this torture going to end....

2011-02-20: 6 months still no answer..........

2011-03-08: more than 200 days passed in AP..................(

2011-03-24: visa has been issued today. hurayyyyyyyyyy finally wait is overrrr.

2011-03-26: got the passport wohoooo

event.png

Are you going to opt in for electronic processing? I think china is one of those countries. Darnell will be by in awhile most likely to answer questions on that if that is what you will be doing...that is much faster. I know you do need to have a signed copy of the 3032 to send in if you are going to do electronic processing.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

I’m real scared on the electronic processing thing. I think it best for me to use snail mail. The computer skills on her end scare her. Because of the language barrier it is hard for me to give her technical directions. Her English is good, but not on a technical level. I looked at all the cut and paste of barcodes, and just don’t want to screw it up. I should be getting the Choose of Agent form back from her in the next few days.

I am just overwhelmed right now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ya, sometimes computer stuff can be overwhelming for people - but -

there is a copy shop within 4 km of her house - she can go there with the DS-230 and DS-3032, and GUZ P3 Supplemental Form, have them scan it in, convert to PDF. If you use the right pdf forms and CUTEPDF, of course, you can fill out all of the DS-3032, print to CUTEPDF pdf output file, same thing for the DS-230 - Just leave blank on each where to sign. She should be able to print out the pdf files there in China (with some work on the papersize reduction with A4, on actual print job output), sign them, then the copy shop staff handle the rest of it. The GUZ P3 Supplemental form is ugly, stupid, and can only be filled out with a pen, to be rescanned - no PDF input boxes on it anywhere.

IF you want to, of course. Should be less than 200 RMB for all the pages to be scanned and emailed to you. She will also need to OPT IN - you can assist her with prepping that email, you betcha. I do remember you mentioning that she's a TEACHER, so whilst you think she might be 'computer-phobic' - she's lots of support staff around her who ARE NOT, and can help her.

If you want to 'go electronic' at NVC - it does shave off anywhere from 2 to 6 months of waiting, between 'NVC OUT to GUZ OPEN CASEFILE' time ticks.

NVC Electronic Processing Wiki Page -

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

General NVC INFO, from travel.state.gov -

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

Now - for 'what to do next', since you paid the 70 dollar AOS fee - (IF YOU WANT TO DO PAPER PROCESSING)

Take the AOS barcode cover sheet and AOS paid receipt notice, bundle up the I-864 form and the supporting documents,

and mail it in - suggest USPS Priority WITHOUT Delivery Confirmation (but with tracking stuff enabled), sent to the USPS address (not the courier address).

If you were to do NVC Electronic Processing - that next step is:

OPT IN. then

keep monitoring payment portal and yer emails -

when/if IV fee bill shows up, pay it online.

when OPT IN is successful, case # is converted to GZO #,

reprint coversheets and paid receipt notices (there is NEW Casefile #, must use it) to pdf files.

and then you start emailing in stuff.

Happy to answer any questions, here in yer topic, about NVC Electronic Processing, though.

I do note 2 recent OPT IN PPL for Guangzhou - have a read?

Mom - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/252766-can-i-email-ds-3032-form-to-nvc-before-they-email-me-the-ds-3032-kit/

and

Wife - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251451-uscis-nvc/

Good Luck, whatever you decide to do !

I’m real scared on the electronic processing thing. I think it best for me to use snail mail. The computer skills on her end scare her. Because of the language barrier it is hard for me to give her technical directions. Her English is good, but not on a technical level. I looked at all the cut and paste of barcodes, and just don’t want to screw it up. I should be getting the Choose of Agent form back from her in the next few days.

I am just overwhelmed right now.

FWIW, there is no 'cut and paste' of barcodes when ya go electronic @ NVC.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Still waiting on my wife’s Choice of Address and Agent form. You pay 30.00 and wait a week and half from China. Oh well, It’s only money.

I am putting together the I-864 form now. I have been gathering documents for a few weeks.

I read in the Instructions: Under When Do I complete Form I-864

It says “Complete Form I-864 when it is mailed to you from the NVC…”

So far in my Journey, I received a muti paged letter with my wife’s case number and the Choice of Address and Agent Form (which has an expiration date of 12/31/2006!). I have mailed this form to my wife and should return any day now.)

I have paid the 70.00 , have the receipt that is paid, and the Cover Sheet.

This is where I am confused: The instructions from the Internet Site says that I can now down load the I-864 form.

When I mail my wife’s Choice of Agent Form, Receipt for 70.00, and Cover Sheet, can I also mail the I-864 form?

Or does the receiving of the Above, spark the next step (and Payment!) that allows me to send in the I-864 Form.

Just don’t want to put the cart before the horse…

Thanks

Timeline

You can SEND IN the I-864 without waiting on the DS-3032.

You can SEND IN the I-864 when the AOS FEE BILL is marked 'paid' in the online payment portal. Be sure to include the coversheets from the payment portal and paid receipt notice.

Since you are still thinking about 'paper and postal' processing - have a read - these steps work -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Of course, if you were using NVC Electronic Processing @ NVC, my answer would be totally different.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey- any news?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Don't forget that she needs to sign DS-230 Part I, fill out parts I and II, and fill out the GUZ I-130 P3 Supplemental form.

The GUZ I-130 P3 Supplemental form can be downloaded from the NVC EP wiki page - it's ugly, must be filled out by hand.

Any news on your side ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.