Sign in to follow this  
Verne Blaise

Preparing to file I-130 for my mum

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Please I am preparing to file I-130 for my mum.

1. It is necessary to attach Letters from third parties attesting their knowledge of the relationship?

2. will my parents marriage certificate be required. (All is not funny, they've been married for more than 35 years but no marriage certificate is available.)

Thanks for any help

If they dont have marriage certificate then they need to get two sets of Affidavits notarized from your parents relatives (elder than your parents) about their marriage.. and here is the sample that i used and lot of others used....

AFFIDAVIT OF MARRIAGE FOR

Your Dad’s full name AND Your Mom’s full name

I, xxxxxxxx (this will be the name of the person who signs the affidavit) solemnly sate and affirm as hereunder.

1. I presently reside at xxxxxx, Street name, Town/city – PINCODE/ZIP, Country.

2. I am a Citizen of xx Country.

3. I was born on xxxxx, 19xx at xxxTown, xx Country.

4. I am xxxxx’s (Your Dad’s or Mom’s) Uncle/ Aunt/ Sister/Brother (OR WHATEVER RELATIONSHIP)

5. I personally know and witnessed that

The marriage of (your father’s full name) to (your mother’s full name) took place on Month date, year at xxxTown, xx Country.

(Your father’s full name)’s Father’s name is (your paternal grand father’s name here) and his Mother’s name is (your paternal grand mother’s name here). (Your father’s name) was born on Month day, 19xx at xxxTown, xx Country.

(Your mother’s full name)’s Father’s name is (your maternal grand father’s name here) and her Mother’s name is (your maternal grand mother’s name here). (Your mother’s name) was born on Month day, 19xx at xxxTown, xx Country.

Actual signature of person signing affidavit here

(Name of the person signing affidavit in caps/bold letters)

Signed

Date: Date when signed

I hereby affirm under the penalty of perjury pursuant to the laws of the United States of America (28 U.S.C. Section 1746) that the foregoing is true and correct.

This affidavit was executed on Month Day, Year at xxxTown/City, xx Country.

Signed

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Hi all,

Please I am preparing to file I-130 for my mum.

1. It is necessary to attach Letters from third parties attesting their knowledge of the relationship?

2. will my parents marriage certificate be required. (All is not funny, they've been married for more than 35 years but no marriage certificate is available.)

Thanks for any help

Edited by Raj456

If they dont have marriage certificate then they need to get two sets of Affidavits notarized from your parents relatives (elder than your parents) about their marriage.. and here is the sample that i used and lot of others used....

AFFIDAVIT OF MARRIAGE FOR

Your Dad’s full name AND Your Mom’s full name

I, xxxxxxxx (this will be the name of the person who signs the affidavit) solemnly sate and affirm as hereunder.

1. I presently reside at xxxxxx, Street name, Town/city – PINCODE/ZIP, Country.

2. I am a Citizen of xx Country.

3. I was born on xxxxx, 19xx at xxxTown, xx Country.

4. I am xxxxx’s (Your Dad’s or Mom’s) Uncle/ Aunt/ Sister/Brother (OR WHATEVER RELATIONSHIP)

5. I personally know and witnessed that

The marriage of (your father’s full name) to (your mother’s full name) took place on Month date, year at xxxTown, xx Country.

(Your father’s full name)’s Father’s name is (your paternal grand father’s name here) and his Mother’s name is (your paternal grand mother’s name here). (Your father’s name) was born on Month day, 19xx at xxxTown, xx Country.

(Your mother’s full name)’s Father’s name is (your maternal grand father’s name here) and her Mother’s name is (your maternal grand mother’s name here). (Your mother’s name) was born on Month day, 19xx at xxxTown, xx Country.

Signed

I hereby affirm under the penalty of perjury pursuant to the laws of the United States of America (28 U.S.C. Section 1746) that the foregoing is true and correct.

This affidavit was executed on Month Day, Year at xxxTown/City, xx Country.

Signed

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Thank you Raj. I think the affidavit above alot of sense. I was comtemplating to have them initiate a marriage licence from the appropriate authority.

Thank you once more

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.