6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is a copy and paste of the one that we used. I have to give credit though, I pretty much copied that from SapphireDreams' cover sheet that she posted somewhere.

Jane Doe

123 Main St.

Los Angeles, CA 90012

To Whom It May Concern:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680- 4120

Nature of the submission: I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Enclosed please find Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, Form I-131 Application for Travel Document,

Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization and all supporting documents.

My eligibility is based on admission as the fiancé of a U.S. citizen

and subsequent marriage to that citizen within 90 days of entry.

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Includes:

• 2 photographs & receipt for photographs (date on the receipt to show they were taken within 30 days of the filing of this application on August 10, 2009)

• Check in the amount of $1010 made payable to the Department of Homeland Security

• Copy of my foreign birth certificate

• Copy of my foreign divorce certificate

• Copy of passport page with K-1 Visa

• Vaccination supplement (Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet)

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet, with supplemental attachments

• Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) which also includes tax documents & letter of employment from sponsor, also proof of U.S. Citizenship which includes copy of the biographic data page of sponsor’s

• U.S. Passport

• Evidence of eligibility which includes a copy of approval notice for I-129F, copy of marriage certificate, Form I-94 (front & back) and passport identity page

Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Includes:

• 2 photographs (which were taken on August 10, 2009 – receipt attached to Form I-485)

• Initial Evidence which includes a copy of an official photo identity document (passport identity page)

• A copy of Form I-94 (front & back) and K1 visa to show my present status in the United States

• Marriage Certificate to note the name change (Copy)

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Includes:

• 2 photographs (which were taken on August 10, 2009– receipt attached to Form I-485)

• A copy of Form I-94 (front & back)

• A copy of a Federal Government-issued identity document which includes my Visa issued by a foreign consulate

• Passport Identity Page

• Marriage Certificate to note the name change (Copy)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Does anyone have an I-485 cover letter example posted anywhere?

Thanks...

Here you go. The doc lists are in the OP.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/page__view__findpost__p__3607999

This entire thread should be beneficial to you as well.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

• 7 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 24/08/2017 at 1:44 PM, ylo said:

I am applying marriage based Green Card. Can anyone help me to learn how to write a cover letter for my case?

Hello!Did you wrote your cover letter?

Do you know maybe where I can find example for AOS trough the marriage?

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.