Dakine

No more HIV testing

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i wish they would keep the testing in.....HIV does not just come from sexual activity.....in many of the countries that our s/o come from a simple trip to the dentist can and has infected people that are not sexual active (poor sterilization practices)......its a health issue that needs to be addressed but with out testing its a bomb waiting to happen

just my opinion

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When my huband went for his medical just before the end of the ban there was a family that were told that the mother and father were both infected. He said the news was such a blow. It ended their dreams of the US and they had children. I am sure they would get much better help in the US than in west Africa.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think the concerns are understandable (in general), but it's not as if HIV infected people are flooding the borders. I don't see this as Sara suggested - a "bomb waiting to happen".

what i meant by saying a bomb waiting to happen is that if your not sexual active ( and that dont mean u cant get it but chances are less) and ur s/o comes with out being tested for HIV is highly possible to get infected and have a child with out knowing until its too late that you have been exposed to HIV

i think it should be the choice of the person if they want to go forward with a situation like that.....i dont mean they should not be able to come here .....just that choice should be given one another i also think that the USA person should also be tested to prevent any of the s/o coming here from being infected with out knowledge.....

just my opinion

sara

The solution would be that everyone gets tested before they start having unprotected sex. This should be a part of your protocol before you engage in a relationship of unprotected sex with anyone;Be they are migrating or living down the street with you. IMO

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

There are prescriptions now that prevent the transmission of HIV from mother to child for those who are not aware. The point when the baby get HIV is during labor. There are inhibitors that prevents the transmission. It's very good.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.