Mopearls

Denied B1/B2 Visa in Jamaica

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so disappointed! My friend was denied his visiting visa! I can't believe that they denied him. He has a job, bank account, we already bought a ticket and they denied him!!!! Is this a scam? Is the Jamaican embassy just taking peoples money? Has anyone ever had an experience like this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I am so disappointed! My friend was denied his visiting visa! I can't believe that they denied him. He has a job, bank account, we already bought a ticket and they denied him!!!! Is this a scam? Is the Jamaican embassy just taking peoples money? Has anyone ever had an experience like this?

Did he show any other ties except bank account and job? Typically those aren't enough to prove no immigration intent. Usually you need stuff like family, property, lease, bills etc to show he has strong enough ties that he's not likely to immigrate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sorry to hear about your friend, but its not a jamaican embassy, its the American embassy in Jamaica.

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

I can truly tell you that your friend knew what his odds were before he even went to the Embassy for the interview. Everyone in Jamaica knows that their chance of getting an visitor visa in Jamaica is a 50/50 chance. This is no new NEWS for a Jamaican citizen. This topic is regularly discussed in their news and posted in their daily newspaper.

As it was posted it is not the Jamaican Embassy, it is the American Embassy. Why would you buy a ticket before he had the visa in hand?

Mopearls, I just wanted to clarify my post, whenever I am in Jamaica, I tend to hear this discussion on the radio or the general population is discussing it and everyone has an opinion about it. The Jamaicans knowns more about this process than I the (USC) does. So that's why I found it hard that you were convinced to purchased a ticket before the visa was actualy in hand.

Everyone there has a theory of what may make this case unique, i.e such as a letter from the USC or money in the bank, but, most of them knows that applying for a US visitor visa is like taking a chance at the lottery.

I hope you can get your plane ticket refuned, or changed to your name at the most. Good luck in whatever direction you may take.

Timeline

Sorry to tell ya mopearls but this is a very common occurrence as Roxie has stated. Most Jamaicans are very much aware of the slim chances. If you have the necessary ties and can afford it, TRY AGAIN.. it wouldn't hurt.. my husband received his visa on the second try.. he stated he felt he was more confident..but who knows what made them approve him when EVERYTHING was the same..

i understand ur disapointment..stay encouraged!

Timeline

I agree. And, it could be any number of reasons.

I'd be willing to bet the odds aren't even as good as 50/50.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can truly tell you that your friend knew what his odds were before he even went to the Embassy for the interview. Everyone in Jamaica knows that their chance of getting an visitor visa in Jamaica is a 50/50 chance. This is no new NEWS for a Jamaican citizen. This topic is regularly discussed in their news and posted in their daily newspaper.

As it was posted it is not the Jamaican Embassy, it is the American Embassy. Why would you buy a ticket before he had the visa in hand?

No disrespect, but exactly where are you from why on Earth would anyone buy a ticket from Jamaica before they get a Visa? thats like burn the bridge before you cross

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to hear that, but the embassy is a money making bussiness. When i was getting married here in the states, they turn my mom and three sisters down twice and told her to "tell your daughter to file for you". almost $1400 wasted. i wish jamaican poeple could get wise and no one goes to the embassy for a least a week and see how much money they would lose, i bet you they be handed out visas left and right.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.