Nwanyioma

Basic Travel Allowance (BTA)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ members,

I was wondering if my fiancee has to have a Basic Travel Allowance (BTA) when he is coming to the states in April?

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There is no such thing as BTA. That is straight from scammer 101 . Make sure he has enough money for some snacks and if he has a layover an emergency hotel and everything will be fine.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I've never heard of a Basic Travel Allowance. The only thing U.S. customs asks (on the landing card form) is to declare if you're carrying over $10k in cash. Otherwise you can have zero money and travel to the U.S. on a fiance visa. My husband (then fiance) did get the usual shakedown for small bribes by the airport officials when he was leaving Accra, but that was it.

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hello VJ members,

I was wondering if my fiancee has to have a Basic Travel Allowance (BTA) when he is coming to the states in April?

BTA IS USED BY SCAMMERS I WISH U WELL CONGRATS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.