Brian 246

I got an RFE for DS-2053 (I'm confused)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi All,

I got an RFE today which states I need to submit a properly completed and signed copy of the medical exam conducted overseas on form DS-2053.

If you do not have a completed form DS-2053,please submit a properly completed and signed form I-693.

They made ref to pg 4 "7 on I-485 instructions page.

I did submit the vaccination supplement with my AOS packet, however we used a photocopy of the carbon copy of the DS-2053 which the embassy gave me back in Barbados.So I still have the Carbon copy with me. The original DS-2053 was place in the brown packet the embassy gave me for immigration.

I am not sure if they RFE me because they want the carbon copy I got at the embassy and they don't want the photocopy of the DS-2053 which i sent them. Or do they want an original DS-2053 form??

Can someone please tell me what forms really am I supposed to submit to them?

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Charlotte NC

Date Filed : 2010-01-08

NOA Date : 2010-01-12

RFE(s) : 26/01/10 (received in mail on 4th Feb 2010)

Bio. Appt. : 04/02/10 (Notice date 01/14/10 received in the mail 01/28/10)

RFE reply sent: 11/02/10 (USCIS confirmed receipt 16/02/10)

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2010/04/13

Approval date: 2010/04/13

Got I551 Stamp : no (Was given an approval letter)

Greencard Received:2010/04/22

Comments :Must file for ROC 2012/01/13

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 02/04/10

Approved Date : 03/09/10

Date Card Received :03/17/09

Advance Parole

Date Filed : Jan. 8, 2010

NOA Date : Jan. 12, 2010

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 03/09/10

Date Received :03/15/10

Hi All,

I got an RFE today which states I need to submit a properly completed and signed copy of the medical exam conducted overseas on form DS-2053.

If you do not have a completed form DS-2053,please submit a properly completed and signed form I-693.

They made ref to pg 4 "7 on I-485 instructions page.

I did submit the vaccination supplement with my AOS packet, however we used a photocopy of the carbon copy of the DS-2053 which the embassy gave me back in Barbados.So I still have the Carbon copy with me. The original DS-2053 was place in the brown packet the embassy gave me for immigration.

I am not sure if they RFE me because they want the carbon copy I got at the embassy and they don't want the photocopy of the DS-2053 which i sent them. Or do they want an original DS-2053 form??

Can someone please tell me what forms really am I supposed to submit to them?

It's possible that they lost the copy of the results of your overseas medical that was included in the visa packet.

You may need to have another medical here and have it recorded on the I-693 :(

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Hi

If they have sent you something asking for DS2053 - that's the overseas pannel physician equivalent to the I-693.

You basically have three options. I'll order them in least to most risk (which is, funnily enough, most expensive to least expensive)

1. Get a whole new medical. Send it in with your RFE.

2. Contact your congressman or senators. Explain to them that you entered on a K-1, and they are asking you for your overseas medical, which you are NOT required to provide - they should have it already. Select ONE of your three reps, and request that they look into the matter, and see if the adjudicator may have overlooked your file from POE where the medical should be (they call this the "A" file). They may come back and say it's completely missing, and you go back to #1, OR they may say that it's found and you can disregard the RFE - ask for confirmation in writing. (no cost!) Our congressman's staff member got back to us within a week.

3. Reply to the RFE explaining that you entered on a K-1, and are not required to complete a full medical, as one was completed overseas and was returned to USCIS via the sealed envelope turned in at your Port of Entry. This is a solution which has been successful for some members on Visa Journey, but can be quite risky if they decide that you are challenging them.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Barbados
Timeline
Hi

If they have sent you something asking for DS2053 - that's the overseas pannel physician equivalent to the I-693.

You basically have three options. I'll order them in least to most risk (which is, funnily enough, most expensive to least expensive)

1. Get a whole new medical. Send it in with your RFE.

2. Contact your congressman or senators. Explain to them that you entered on a K-1, and they are asking you for your overseas medical, which you are NOT required to provide - they should have it already. Select ONE of your three reps, and request that they look into the matter, and see if the adjudicator may have overlooked your file from POE where the medical should be (they call this the "A" file). They may come back and say it's completely missing, and you go back to #1, OR they may say that it's found and you can disregard the RFE - ask for confirmation in writing. (no cost!) Our congressman's staff member got back to us within a week.

3. Reply to the RFE explaining that you entered on a K-1, and are not required to complete a full medical, as one was completed overseas and was returned to USCIS via the sealed envelope turned in at your Port of Entry. This is a solution which has been successful for some members on Visa Journey, but can be quite risky if they decide that you are challenging them.

I would not like to think of them losing my entire medical....but it may be true. Has anyone else here have any similar RFEs like this?

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Charlotte NC

RFE(s) : 26/01/10 (received in mail on 4th Feb 2010)

Bio. Appt. : 04/02/10 (Notice date 01/14/10 received in the mail 01/28/10)

RFE reply sent: 11/02/10 (USCIS confirmed receipt 16/02/10)

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2010/04/13

Approval date: 2010/04/13

Got I551 Stamp : no (Was given an approval letter)

Greencard Received:2010/04/22

Comments :Must file for ROC 2012/01/13

Employment Authorization Document

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 02/04/10

Approved Date : 03/09/10

Date Card Received :03/17/09

Advance Parole

Date Filed : Jan. 8, 2010

NOA Date : Jan. 12, 2010

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 03/09/10

Date Received :03/15/10

I would not like to think of them losing my entire medical....but it may be true. Has anyone else here have any similar RFEs like this?

Lots. >5 per month have some sort of RFE for the medical. Many people just get a new medical. But of those that I've read who choose to try to do something about it, they have had success. Check out the November and December filers spreadsheets.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.