Hi everyone, I'm new in this website...
I'll go straight to the point:
1. I entered legally to the U.S. on 2002 at the Miami International Airport with a Visitor's visa (B1/B2)
2. I applied for Asylum on Oct. 2002 (Miami Asylum Office)
3. Got Biometrics on Nov. 2002
4. Granted EAD on Jun. 2003
5. Had the interview on Feb. 2005; 15 days later I was instructed to appear at the office to pick up the asylum decision. Instead, I received a letter saying that they were going to mail the decision to the most recent address I had provided to them.
4. My Asylum case is still pending, never received any decision in almost 5 years now... It looks like my case got stuck in the middle of bureaucracy...
5. I have contacted the Immigration Court (EOIR) phone (1-800-898-7180) and I am not required to appear in front of an immigration judge yet.
6. I have been renewing EAD since 2003 without any issues
7. On Jul. 2008 I got Biometrics again
8. I got married to an U.S. Citizen on September 2009.
9. My wife submitted the I-130, and I submitted the I-485, I-864 and I-765 applications in November 2009.
10. Biometrics appointment done in December 2009.
11. Interview for AOS interview for March 2010.
I went to the Miami Asylum Office and was told I need to bring a withdrawal letter of my case with a copy of the decision of the AOS interview. They also told me that would not be wise (and common sense too!!!) to bring the letter if I don't get the Resident card (I hope that's not my case!!!).
Now, my question is WHEN should I send the letter to Withdraw my Asylum Application??? Before, After or during the interview??? I know I can hand the letter to the Immigration Officer ONLY AND ONLY after getting the RC.... or Should I take it to the Asylum Office myself after the interview???? I also have been told to bring the letter before the interview...
Any new information will be greatly appreciated!!!!
Asylum Application Withdrawal Letter
Back to Top ↑
0 user(s) are browsing this forum
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.