Teacher Mark

Eagle Medicated Oil

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Caution: Use with adequate ventilation, especially when burning incense in the same room.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife has just rubbed it under my noise so far.

She is always trying to get me to drink this chinese medicine. It's brown in color looks like it is in an old coke bottle with the label removed. However the screw on cap lid is sealed it just tastes like a surgary drink somebody made. I drank a little bit but didn't like it. She complained the whole time and wanted me to drink the whole thing.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

LOL. More along the lines of not to use as eye drops or even better to not use on Americans.
Such as may cause blindness? Do not use internally?

:rofl::lol:that's a good one...LOL No offense!

Just want to give you this info:

http://www.myxuyenonline.com/Eagle-Brand-M...-p/eagleoil.htm

Eagle Brand Medicated Oil Pain Relief - Dau Xanh Con O

Description:

Uses temporarily relieves minor muscle and joint pain due to simple backache, arthritis, straings, bruises and sprains.

Features:

for external uses only

use only as directed

do not get into the eyes or mucous membranes

do not apply to wounds or damaged skin

do not bandage tightly

Active ingredients:

Methol 14.5%, Methyl Salicylate 30%

Inactive ingredients:

Chlorophyll, ethyl alcohol, mineral oil, rose oil

Timeline
:rofl::lol:that's a good one...LOL No offense!

Just want to give you this info:

http://www.myxuyenonline.com/Eagle-Brand-M...-p/eagleoil.htm

Eagle Brand Medicated Oil Pain Relief - Dau Xanh Con O

Description:

Uses temporarily relieves minor muscle and joint pain due to simple backache, arthritis, straings, bruises and sprains.

Features:

for external uses only

use only as directed

do not bandage tightly

Active ingredients:

Methol 14.5%, Methyl Salicylate 30%

Inactive ingredients:

Chlorophyll, ethyl alcohol, mineral oil, rose oil

Is this written in Vietnamese on the bottle? If so me and the wife are going to have a talk.

So far she has used it as eye drops and for a couple of cuts and wiped it under my nose and I suspect she wants to use it for about everything but aches and pains that it is intended for it seems. Because I have a young wife that is 17 years younger than me I have a lot of aches and pains so it would seem to be needed for that.

Is this written in Vietnamese on the bottle? If so me and the wife are going to have a talk.

So far she has used it as eye drops and for a couple of cuts and wiped it under my nose and I suspect she wants to use it for about everything but aches and pains that it is intended for it seems. Because I have a young wife that is 17 years younger than me I have a lot of aches and pains so it would seem to be needed for that.

No, since it made in Singapore (English & Chinese)

It uses for EXTERNAL analgesic (painkiller)

for external uses only

use only as directed

Click on the link above for more info...

Just in case if you get a cut, try to put on Aloe Vera (nip a little piece then put it on)

It's a home remedy...Anti-inflammatory,accelerating healing time, relieves itching and pain...

ooops, off topic :ot::whistle:

Dau_Xanh.gif

Aloe%20vera.jpg

• 6 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Found this interesting tidbit. Apparently, they changed the formulation, maybe because the FDA had issues with it. Methyl salicylate and methanol are ingredients in Ben Gay, so the same idea. btw, extremely excessive use of methyl salicylate can cause death, though highly unlikely.

(Note: This import alert represents the Agency's current guidance to FDA field personnel regarding the manufacturer(s) and/or products(s) at issue. It does not create or confer any rights for or on any person, and does not operate to bind FDA or the public).

Import Alert # 66-13

Published Date: 10/02/2009

Type: DWPE

Import Alert Name:

"Eagle Brand Medicated Oil"

Reason for Alert:

During the past several years the subject product has been detained when it was encountered in import entries of Chinese medicines.

FDA has recently learned that the product has been reformulated. However, the old formulation of the product containing among other ingredients, 12% chloroform and 20% methyl salicylate, is being manufactured and supplied to other foreign countries. Under these circumstances, it is possible that the old formulation of the product may be offered for import into the United States. The product constitutes a consumer hazard in view of the carcinogenic nature of chloroform and its ban as a drug ingredient by 21 CFR 310.513 (and as a cosmetic ingredient by 21 CFR 700.18) and because the product contains a high level of a potentially toxic ingredient, methyl salicylate without bearing any warning statements required by 21 CFR 201.314 and 369.20.

The new formulation of the product, which contains menthol (13.5%), ethyl alcohol (13%), methyl salicylate (4.5%), chlorophyll, mineral oil, and otto of roses and is offered for external use for relief of minor aches and pains of muscles, etc., would be acceptable for import on the firm's own responsibility pending completion of the OTC Drug Review.

Exclusive United States distributor for the new formulated Eagle Brand Medicated Oil manufactured by the Borden Company (PTE) Limited, of Singapore, is Anhing Corporation, Los Angeles, California. The new formulated product is labeled on the carton with the statement "Anhing as sole agent." Entries by importers, other than Anhing Corporation, may be of the old formula and/or counterfeit product.

Guidance:

Districts may continue to detain old formulated product, containing 12% chloroform and 20% methyl salicylate.

Product Description:

Eagle Brand Medicated Oil

Charge:

"The article is violative within the meaning of 801(a)(3) because it appears to be a new drug without an effective New Drug Application pursuant to Section 505; is misbranded under Section 502(f)(1)"

OASIS Charge Code - UNAPPROVED

and

"it appears to contain chloroform which is a carcinogen or is otherwise a deleterious substance."

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_176.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/10/nyregion/10cream.html?_r=2&ref=nyregion&oref=slogin

Edited by Dan_P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Found this interesting tidbit. Apparently, they changed the formulation, maybe because the FDA had issues with it. Methyl salicylate and methanol are ingredients in Ben Gay, so the same idea. btw, extremely excessive use of methyl salicylate can cause death, though highly unlikely.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_176.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/10/nyregion/10cream.html?_r=2&ref=nyregion&oref=slogin

Would scraping the skin off the entire back of the upper torso and thoroughly covering the exposed raw flesh with the oil be considered "extremely excessive use"? :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Jim, I swear your wife as well as Curtis's wife are trying to see how much you guys can physically take... the scraping alone is a stretch for me...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just shows that that old patent medicines are alive and well. I still don't see any true physical benefits from using this stuff.

It does ruin your pillow when your wife spills some. :whistle:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Jim, I swear your wife as well as Curtis's wife are trying to see how much you guys can physically take... the scraping alone is a stretch for me...

I personally think it is our wifes way of showing they love us and hoping to see if we love them. If we don't go out and divorce them after the abuse they heap on us then we are here to stay. Mine has seemed to chill out more and more on the abuse as we go along so maybe now she is finding out that we are OK with each other.

But then again she could be planning a huge new torment for me and is just waiting for the right time to spring it on me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I personally think it is our wifes way of showing they love us and hoping to see if we love them. If we don't go out and divorce them after the abuse they heap on us then we are here to stay. Mine has seemed to chill out more and more on the abuse as we go along so maybe now she is finding out that we are OK with each other.

But then again she could be planning a huge new torment for me and is just waiting for the right time to spring it on me.

Well put! I can imagine her thinkiing.. hmm let me see how much he trusts me... Hey babe.. can I drop some of this gasoline like oil in your eyes? And when you say yes.. and then actually do it... that seals the deal mai mai yeu....

I can only wonder what lengths Thuy will go to, to see if I am as devoted as I say I am...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Well put! I can imagine her thinkiing.. hmm let me see how much he trusts me... Hey babe.. can I drop some of this gasoline like oil in your eyes? And when you say yes.. and then actually do it... that seals the deal mai mai yeu....

I can only wonder what lengths Thuy will go to, to see if I am as devoted as I say I am...

The only bad part I see is that Thuy will be having a longer time than mine did to think up ways to prove your love so hopefully you can endure a good amount of pain. Good luck and God bless.

Do you guys know what the cheapest place is to buy genuine medicated oils in the US? I'm looking to buy 20.

I think OC, cali is the cheapest price you can get for around 27 a box of 10. I don't know if the price is going up or not?

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.