stebbinsd

Can a post-op transsexual get a fiance visa?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've recently come to terms with the fact that, although I identify as straight, it's not the ####### or ####### that makes the difference for me, but rather, the secondary sex characteristics, such as these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_sex...stics#In_humans

Therefore, I decided a while ago that I'd be interested in a shemale.

Then, as I looked at international dating sites, like dateinasia.com, I found out about something called "lady boys." These lady boys have all the secondary sex characteristics of a woman, just with the primary sex characteristic of a man. This bothered me at first, but only because, when I first inquired about lady boys, the one I asked just said "I'm a gay." This lead me to believe that he had MALE secondary sex characteristics. But no, for all intents and purposes, a lady boy is like a shemale, except that they weren't born that way.

If a lady boy were to get surgery, and become a post-op transsexual female, could I then get her a fiance visa?

I understand that an American pass port will recognize the gender change, if she can provide proof that she had the surgery, but would that be sufficient for me to get her a fiance visa?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I've recently come to terms with the fact that, although I identify as straight, it's not the ####### or ####### that makes the difference for me, but rather, the secondary sex characteristics, such as these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_sex...stics#In_humans

Therefore, I decided a while ago that I'd be interested in a shemale.

Then, as I looked at international dating sites, like dateinasia.com, I found out about something called "lady boys." These lady boys have all the secondary sex characteristics of a woman, just with the primary sex characteristic of a man. This bothered me at first, but only because, when I first inquired about lady boys, the one I asked just said "I'm a gay." This lead me to believe that he had MALE secondary sex characteristics. But no, for all intents and purposes, a lady boy is like a shemale, except that they weren't born that way.

If a lady boy were to get surgery, and become a post-op transsexual female, could I then get her a fiance visa?

I understand that an American pass port will recognize the gender change, if she can provide proof that she had the surgery, but would that be sufficient for me to get her a fiance visa?

A quick Google search brings up this, which should answer your questions.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline
A quick Google search brings up this, which should answer your questions.

Ok, first of all, I DID try the "quick google search" thing. It must be the cookies that we have bringing up different results, due to our past searches.

Now, let me try and paraphrase what that article is telling me.

A post-op transsexual can get a fiance visa, so long as the state of residence of her sponsor recognizes that she is now a girl.

And, by "state," I mean, Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, etc.

Is that it? States like Texas or Tennessee, that still consider her a man, will not let me bring her to that state to get married, whereas a state like California would?

I understand that, according to recent immigration laws signed by Curious George, oops I mean, President Bush, outlaws fiance visas for gay couples, even in states that otherwise allow gay couples, which is why I was concerned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

For the fiance(e) visa, the two people have to be legally free to marry. This means legally free to marry in the state in which they will reside.

So if your state will recognize the change operation as legit to change the gender, then you are good to go. If not, then you're moving out of the country.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
For the fiance(e) visa, the two people have to be legally free to marry. This means legally free to marry in the state in which they will reside.

So if your state will recognize the change operation as legit to change the gender, then you are good to go. If not, then you're moving out of the country.

Or to another State that does recognize the change. First, though the gender change must be recognized by the foreign fiancee's country of citizenship. Your potential spouse would not have a US passport, as they are not a US Citizen.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Or to another State that does recognize the change. First, though the gender change must be recognized by the foreign fiancee's country of citizenship. Your potential spouse would not have a US passport, as they are not a US Citizen.

This is the most interesting topic I've seen posted on VJ to date. With a gender change this is not a same sex marriage case therefore your Fiance's country and the USA has to go along with it. Is there any legal history on such cases?

Good luck

Timeline
With a gender change this is not a same sex marriage case therefore your Fiance's country and the USA has to go along with it.

I don't think it is that simple. As has been mentioned before, the transgender fiance(e) must prove his/her sex has been legally changed & the USC must reside in a state where marriage to a trans-gender individual is recognized.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yeah this is correct. If the OP was looking into a Thai kathoey for example, I don't believe they are able to change the gender designation on the ID card/passport even after surgery.

AOS Mailed 5-02-2010

NOA1 5-12-2010

Forward CSC 6-06-2010

Biometrics 6-16-2010

AOS Touch 7-10-2010

EAD Approve 7-21-2010

EAD Arrival 7-30-2010

Greencard Approve 9-08-2010

Greencard Arrives 9-15-2010

No Interview

ROC Mailed 6-12-2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

pay attention to the two immigration bills (1 in the senate, 1 in the house ) - the wording has changed to be 'partner' , with removal of male/female labels.

If it passes, then it is theoritically possible (IMO ) to file a K-1 for a ladyboy from Thailand (as an example) IF

the State in the USA recognizes same-sex marriages. No further 'plumbing surgery' required, IMO.

So, if you are serious, I suggest you move to that 'state' (pick one, ya? ) then wait for the immigration bill to be made into law, hoping the wording doesn't get changed - then File The K-1.

Good Luck to you !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Forgive my ignorance. I'll try to put this in as sensitive of manner as I can...

Why?

Assuming hormone therapy to raise the voice, reduce body hair, etc. (which is part of the recognized sex change process, at least here in the US), breast augmentation, and genital surgery... This is now a near facsimile of a woman with non-self-lubricating genitals and no ability to reproduce, basically a eunich with boobs.

If you're attracted to ladyboys... will you still be attracted to the post-op version? This is something I would do some deep soul searching about. If you're at all confused (which most Psych students would say you are repressing and closeted), would you put this person through surgeries, the drama of months of waiting for this process (probably a lot longer in this case, I see RFE's all over it), then with the potential they get here and there's something "missing" (the #######?)?

What's the attraction? You said you're attracted to the secondary sexual characteristics (assumingly female ones?), so these are all (after surgery) pretty female except possibly larger feet and an adam's apple. Is it the co-mingling of the secondary sexual characteristics what you are really drawn to? The duality? Isn't it a lot easier to find a woman with masculine features that likes ####### sex? That's basically what you're going to end up with...

I would really take a long, deep look at your motivation for wanting this, and a deeper look at your own sexuality before going (and especially taking someone else) down this path.

K1:

Began chatting online 1-2-09, Met in Philippines 9-5 to 9-15-09, Mailed I-129F 9-17-09, I-129F delivered by USPS 9-21-09, Check cashed 9-21-09, NOA1 issued 9-21-09, NOA1 paper copy received 9-28-09, NOA2 issued 12-18-09, NVC received date 12-24-09, NOA2 paper copy received 12-28-09, NVC sent date 12-29-09, Embassy received date 01-05-10, Medical 01-07-10 & 01-11-10 approved/ passed, Interview date 01-14-10 APPROVED! MY HONEY'S COMING!, Visa delivered 1-27-10 Manila time, Arrival in U.S. 2-4-10 POE Minneapolis/ St. Paul

Married! 2-14-10 in Las Vegas

AOS:

Applied for SSN 2-17-10 Received SSN and Cert. Marriage Cert. 3-2-10

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

AOS paperwork confirmed delivered 3-4-10

Email/ text notification of NOA1s 3-12-10

*touch* 3-15-10 AOS & EAD

Paper copy NOA1s received 3-16-10

*touch* 3-17-10 AOS & EAD

Received biometrics appointment letter 3-20-10, appointment set for 4-12-10

Case transferred to CSC 3-31-10!! Yay!!

Received email notice 4-6-10 I-485 received at CSC

Biometrics done 4-12-10, Milwaukee, WI ASC

Vicky got her driving permit, 4-12-10

*touch* 4-13-10 AOS & EAD

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

EAD card production ordered 5-14-10.

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

EAD card production ordered 5-19-10 (again?)

Received "Welcome to USA" letter 5-25-10, permanent resident application approved!

EAD card received 5-29-10

Greencard received 6-11-10

Positive pregnancy test 6-12-10

Isn't it a lot easier to find a woman with masculine features that likes ####### sex?

Reading the thread with legal interest, but also educational as I'd always believed (and I'm not a sheltered person by any stretch of the imagination) that shemales were lady boys.. but the quoted question above rather distracted me.

How on earth does one go about finding this out without spending a LOT of time being incredibly specific and potentially insulting. I am a believer in there being someone for everyone, but wow, that would be a laborious and challenging quest.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Ok, I'm going to have to use quotation marks, since there's a maximum number of quote blocks I'm allowed to use.

"If you're attracted to ladyboys... will you still be attracted to the post-op version?"

I don't think I really care about the primary sex characteristics (####### or #######).

Before I learned about what ladyboys even were, I considered myself 100% straight.

So, yes, I would still be attracted to the post-op version. That's a guarantee, because I KNOW I like vaginas.

"This is something I would do some deep soul searching about."

I'm going to meet her in the Philippines (that's where she's from), and we'll have sex at least once. If I don't like it, I can help her get surgery, no fuss no muss.

"If you're at all confused (which most Psych students would say you are repressing and closeted), would you put this person through surgeries, the drama of months of waiting for this process (probably a lot longer in this case, I see RFE's all over it), then with the potential they get here and there's something "missing" (the #######?)?"

She already told me that she WANTS to be a full-fledged girl; she just can't afford the surgery, since the Philippines is a very poor country.

She had already made the decision before I even met her. I'm not "putting her through" anything that she wasn't already going through in the first place.

"What's the attraction?"

Her personality, mostly. I wouldn't be attracted to her at all if she were as cruel as the American women that made me want to look internationally for a soul mate in the first place.

"You said you're attracted to the secondary sexual characteristics (assumingly female ones?), so these are all (after surgery) pretty female except possibly larger feet and an adam's apple."

You can get surgery for that, too.

"Is it the co-mingling of the secondary sexual characteristics what you are really drawn to?"

100% female secondary sex characteristics.

woman with masculine features that likes ####### sex?"

Oh, you mean, flat chest, hard skin, a beard, and a #######?

No thank you. That's basically what you're going to end up with..."

Not exactly. You would NEVER know that she actually has a ####### if she's wearing clothes.

"I would really take a long, deep look at your motivation for wanting this,"

I think you need to take a long, deep look at the actual intricacies of ladyboy culture, because you have some SERIOUS misunderstandings.

"and a deeper look at your own sexuality"

I'm probably the most open-minded person I've ever met.

"before going (and especially taking someone else) down this path.

"

Like I said, we'll have a one night stand before I make a permanent decision. She's already decided that she WANTS this surgery anyway, with or without me.

And she does not - repeat, DOES NOT - look even the slightest bit like a man when she's wearing clothes. There's a difference between a ladyboy (especially a Filippina one, as opposed to a Thai one), and a Western transsexual. I merely used the word "transsexual" in this thread, since that's what the USCIS would think of her as.

"Forgive my ignorance."

If you want forgiveness, go to church. If I wanted someone's opinion on whether or not I "truly wanted this," I would go to a shrink, not an immigration forum.

Timeline
Isn't it a lot easier to find a woman with masculine features that likes ####### sex? That's basically what you're going to end up with...

OFF TOPIC

HAve you ever seen a ladyboy in Thailand? They are generally a lot prettier and more feminine than a real girl these days. And with being Asian, large feet or adam's apple arent the problem since asian has pretty small frame.. so I doubt a lady boy and women with masculine features are alike at all.

Too bad i'm at work or I'd have some pics to show :blush:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.