stebbinsd

Can a post-op transsexual get a fiance visa?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
How about bringing her on a student visa? Probably easier than work visa?

That would work if you trust her enough to set up a large savings account in her name (only) to cover tuition, room and board, and books, and incidentals.

K1:

Began chatting online 1-2-09, Met in Philippines 9-5 to 9-15-09, Mailed I-129F 9-17-09, I-129F delivered by USPS 9-21-09, Check cashed 9-21-09, NOA1 issued 9-21-09, NOA1 paper copy received 9-28-09, NOA2 issued 12-18-09, NVC received date 12-24-09, NOA2 paper copy received 12-28-09, NVC sent date 12-29-09, Embassy received date 01-05-10, Medical 01-07-10 & 01-11-10 approved/ passed, Interview date 01-14-10 APPROVED! MY HONEY'S COMING!, Visa delivered 1-27-10 Manila time, Arrival in U.S. 2-4-10 POE Minneapolis/ St. Paul

Married! 2-14-10 in Las Vegas

AOS:

Applied for SSN 2-17-10 Received SSN and Cert. Marriage Cert. 3-2-10

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

AOS paperwork confirmed delivered 3-4-10

Email/ text notification of NOA1s 3-12-10

*touch* 3-15-10 AOS & EAD

Paper copy NOA1s received 3-16-10

*touch* 3-17-10 AOS & EAD

Received biometrics appointment letter 3-20-10, appointment set for 4-12-10

Case transferred to CSC 3-31-10!! Yay!!

Received email notice 4-6-10 I-485 received at CSC

Biometrics done 4-12-10, Milwaukee, WI ASC

Vicky got her driving permit, 4-12-10

*touch* 4-13-10 AOS & EAD

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

EAD card production ordered 5-14-10.

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

EAD card production ordered 5-19-10 (again?)

Received "Welcome to USA" letter 5-25-10, permanent resident application approved!

EAD card received 5-29-10

Greencard received 6-11-10

Positive pregnancy test 6-12-10

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Yeah, check out the Miss Tiffany's show. It's well worth the 800 baht or whatever, just as good as Vegas, and who cares they used to be men.

I was watching the Tiffany's show on TV last time my wife and I were in Thailand & I mentioned how good the "women" looked. I had no idea until my wife told me. True story.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Ok, now that I've vented my frustrations against DianandVicky, I need clarification:

Which jurisdiction needs to recognize her legal gender as "female?" Her home country, or my American state?

Or, is it both?

I would suggest to you, that soon, it won't matter.

The wording on the new immigration bill is changing for family and fiance visas, to remove 'male / female' and replace it with 'partner'.

If the new immigration bill makes it through both the house and senate, unchanged for THIS WORDING, then it will open up a new can of worms, per.se., about 'who is allowed to be a partner' - and if you reside in a state that ALLOWS same-sex marriages - you can PETITION for your partner.

Currently, and IMO (to answer your question)

She'll need to have some legal document from the PI that states she is a woman. That one document, should be sufficient for the US Government (Currently, btw).

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I would suggest to you, that soon, it won't matter.

The wording on the new immigration bill is changing for family and fiance visas, to remove 'male / female' and replace it with 'partner'.

If the new immigration bill makes it through both the house and senate, unchanged for THIS WORDING, then it will open up a new can of worms, per.se., about 'who is allowed to be a partner' - and if you reside in a state that ALLOWS same-sex marriages - you can PETITION for your partner.

Currently, and IMO (to answer your question)

She'll need to have some legal document from the PI that states she is a woman. That one document, should be sufficient for the US Government (Currently, btw).

Good Luck !

Without getting too political, the conventional wisdom in Washington since last night is that immigration reform is dead for at least the next couple years, so not only is it an issue of whether the language is changed but whether any language gets through the process at all.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

it seems to me that both countries will see her as a him, so in usa only 2 maybe 3 states reconigize same sex marrige, so you wold have to have domestic partner,

as far as getting a workers visa. and paying min wages??!!! that is a joke, you can hire anybody in usa for such pay!! will never happen, that visa is like for doc, or computer engineer,

so to me you have few options, 1 pay univ. 2 move to place that does not care about such live choice, move there, or last move on and not worry about marrying a man in gov'ts eyes

and by the way. in many of your posts you have huge attitude, your asking for help so i would suggest drop the attitude or nobody will take u serious and not give proper advice,

remember this is a live style choice. your not trying to bring in a "female to marry" in all eyes and on all paperwork your bringing in a male to "marry" you can get mad upset or anything like that. but really this is a life style choice and if you want you can have. but you might have to move to place that will not care and let u have. but as of today usa and phillip will not see it as you and she sees it.

good luck very differnt topic though

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Timeline
Wouldn't that mean I'd have to pay her tuition?

I can pay her minimum wage for a JOB, but tuition is expensive out the yin-yang.

ya - you'd be paying 'foreign student rates', also. at least for the first year on that F-1 visa.

Without getting too political, the conventional wisdom in Washington since last night is that immigration reform is dead for at least the next couple years, so not only is it an issue of whether the language is changed but whether any language gets through the process at all.

oh. double oh. did the bills die a horrible death last night? I'll have to check-in, see what's up :( thanks for the heads up, though !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Contact Immigration Equality (www.immigrationequality.org). If she is post-op, you can legally marry her in most states (you listed the ones that won't work). She will need a surgeon's letter and any ID she can get that identifies her as female. It's not an automatic denial if the Philippines won't recognize her as female - the location of the marriage is what is important. If you get married in a state that recognizes a change in sex (almost all states do), the marriage can be considered legally heterosexual and therefore valid for immigration. Do not get married if you're in a state that will not recognize you as a male-female couple. Do not get into a same-sex marriage or domestic partnership - immigration does not recognize these regardless of if the state does. I've copied and pasted a story of a similar circumstance, but the transgender person was female-to-male. He was from a country that did not recognize his change in gender, but they were able to have their marriage recognized by immigration. Do no try this without a lawyer who has some experience (Immigration Equality can refer you). Good luck!

Immigration Equality Keeps Transgender Married Couple Together

Immigration Equality’s legal team recently won a victory on behalf of a married couple who turned to us for help after U.S. Immigration and Customs Services learned the husband was assigned a female gender at birth.

William Chen is a naturalized U.S. citizen who was born in Hong Kong. Nine years ago, he began to transition from female to male. About one year later, William met his future wife, Mai Tsong, at a friend’s party. The two began to date and fell in love. Early in their relationship, William explained to Mai that he was a transgender man, and she was very supportive. In the Spring of 2008, Mai traveled to the United States to visit William and his family. One night during her visit, William realized that he wanted to be with Mai forever and proposed on the spot -- at a karaoke bar. Within a month, the two had a small ceremony with friends and relatives, and Mai applied for permanent residence in the United States .

At a marriage interview with USICS, however, an immigration officer noticed that William’s birth certificate listed his gender as female. The interview was immediately terminated, and the couple were referred to a different office for a more stringent second interview. William and Mai turned to Immigration Equality for help, and our legal team submitted substantial evidence proving the validity of their opposite-sex marriage. Immigration Equality attorneys represented the couple at their immigration proceeding -- and this month, Mai received her green card. She and William will remain together thanks to Immigration Equality’s intervention on their behalf.

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Contact Immigration Equality (www.immigrationequality.org). If she is post-op, you can legally marry her in most states (you listed the ones that won't work). She will need a surgeon's letter and any ID she can get that identifies her as female. It's not an automatic denial if the Philippines won't recognize her as female - the location of the marriage is what is important. If you get married in a state that recognizes a change in sex (almost all states do), the marriage can be considered legally heterosexual and therefore valid for immigration. Do not get married if you're in a state that will not recognize you as a male-female couple. Do not get into a same-sex marriage or domestic partnership - immigration does not recognize these regardless of if the state does. I've copied and pasted a story of a similar circumstance, but the transgender person was female-to-male. He was from a country that did not recognize his change in gender, but they were able to have their marriage recognized by immigration. Do no try this without a lawyer who has some experience (Immigration Equality can refer you). Good luck!

Immigration Equality Keeps Transgender Married Couple Together

Immigration Equality’s legal team recently won a victory on behalf of a married couple who turned to us for help after U.S. Immigration and Customs Services learned the husband was assigned a female gender at birth.

William Chen is a naturalized U.S. citizen who was born in Hong Kong. Nine years ago, he began to transition from female to male. About one year later, William met his future wife, Mai Tsong, at a friend’s party. The two began to date and fell in love. Early in their relationship, William explained to Mai that he was a transgender man, and she was very supportive. In the Spring of 2008, Mai traveled to the United States to visit William and his family. One night during her visit, William realized that he wanted to be with Mai forever and proposed on the spot -- at a karaoke bar. Within a month, the two had a small ceremony with friends and relatives, and Mai applied for permanent residence in the United States .

At a marriage interview with USICS, however, an immigration officer noticed that William’s birth certificate listed his gender as female. The interview was immediately terminated, and the couple were referred to a different office for a more stringent second interview. William and Mai turned to Immigration Equality for help, and our legal team submitted substantial evidence proving the validity of their opposite-sex marriage. Immigration Equality attorneys represented the couple at their immigration proceeding -- and this month, Mai received her green card. She and William will remain together thanks to Immigration Equality’s intervention on their behalf.

What states can I choose from?

Or, rather, what states should I avoid?

Whichever list is shorter, for your convenience. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Like I said, we'll have a one night stand before I make a permanent decision

Glad to hear you are covering all the bases to ensure you really are in love with this person.

Good luck.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Glad to hear you are covering all the bases to ensure you really are in love with this person.

Good luck.

Just... :wow:

I enjoyed your sarcasm, baron555. I was wondering if anyone else caught that one. Could the OP be any more shallow? :bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

QUOTE (stebbinsd @ Jan 20 2010, 03:00 PM)

Like I said, we'll have a one night stand before I make a permanent decision

QUOTE (baron555 @ Jan 21 2010, 06:00 AM)

Good luck.

Just... :wow:

I enjoyed your sarcasm, baron555. I was wondering if anyone else caught that one. Could the OP be any more shallow? :bonk:

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by ZansGirl

April 8, 2007- Met on-line playing World of Warcraft...Me a troll he a Tauren

10/11/2008 Married in Lakewood Washington

USCIS

12/08/2008 CR-1/I-130 mailed

12/19/2008 NOA1

03/09/2009 NOA2

03/09/2009 I-130 approved

NVC

03/19/2009 NVC case # generated

09/25/2009 Completed at NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Assigned..flight and hotel booked same day.

01/20/2010 Medical in Vancouver....no issues reported

02/05/2010 Interview in Montreal..APPROVED..with a few tears at the end!!

02/11/2010 POE...Peace Arch or PAC

thm_thm_php8UO03s.jpg

event.png

Timeline

This lady is available - http://houston.craigslist.org/w4m/1572561651.html

Perhaps is time to expand one's horizons?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.