midah

enter US on B2, overstay, get married, file I-130 & I-485. Will that b ok?

18 posts in this topic

Katie and Ray,

Looks like they took your advice. They went through the K-1 and now have a green card.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=78763

rofl.gif

Edited by Eric-Pris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not trying to be rude, but this is why people who follow the rules get so much grief...I applied for my k1 and commuted from my home country (Canada), spending about $400 a month to come to the USA to visit my now husband. We commuted constantly to keep within the regulations of law. We did this until my K1 visa was approved (even when we became pregnant and I had to give birth in my home country). These are things you have to do to abide by the law, and not cutt corners. I could've entered with the intent to marry illegally like yourself, but this is how it ends up. Your fiance should return home, and you two will need to do it correctly if you want to be able to live together. My K1 took a total of 157 days, it was long but well worth it as now I am living LEGALLY in the USA with my husband and daughter. Please take the advice given, that doing things this way is a bad idea and will result in more bad than good. You can message me anytime if you want help with K1.

Katie & Ray

this is an old thread that was brought back to life by a spammer. i've since removed the spammer's post. please note the date on the posts before replying - and if the thread has been spammed, please use the report button to get the attention of moderation.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.