Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail

how long does a cr1 visa take?

18 posts in this topic

Im just wondering if anyone out there can tell me how long there cr1 visa process took

it took 6 months for me before i got approved, some are 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 months

Edited by DianneWalgreens

we filed I-130 April 2009

we got our Noa2 August 2009

We got case complete Oct 9,2009

Interview :November 18, 2009

Visa Receive: November 24,2009

Flight : November 25,2009

SSN: December 12,2009

2 yr Green card: December 30,2009

Our CR-1 VisaJourney took 7 months and 10 days from mailed I-130 Petition to the wife landing at Chicago POE...

I think you'll find the quickest was about 5 months and I'd be surprised if anyone with a straight forward case is taking longer than 9 or 10 months.

Our CR-1 VisaJourney took 7 months and 10 days from mailed I-130 Petition to the wife landing at Chicago POE...

I think you'll find the quickest was about 5 months and I'd be surprised if anyone with a straight forward case is taking longer than 9 or 10 months.

In most cases it takes 5-6 months just to get the 1-130 approved..add another 4-5 to get the visa completed...from 1-130 initial application to visa in hand for us was 11 months..give or take mistakes made, in our case NVC made 3..so I don't know where you get the 5 month thing. :whistle:

It also depends what country the foreign fiance will interview in...Montreal consulate in Canada is really backed up, so NVC completion to interview is taking 4-5 months right now.

Which is why everyone else replying with their timelines is from the same country (Philippines) as the sub-forum where the question was posted.

I-130 was sent May 8, 2009 and was approved on August 17,2009== 3+ months for the petition approval, 2months at NVC due to RFE, consulate interview was 1 month after NVC completion.

Edited by chris@beth

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.