VanessaTony

AOS, EAD & AP from K1 - the Aussie way (doc list included)

543 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

A+ idea Vanessa!! Seeing as this will be me in about two months time, I will be following this closely!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Excellent information. I'll need this stuff soon, thanks for the thread! :thumbs:

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

oh thank god for you Vanessa! This part is getting me very confused, so I am really grateful for your indepth information. You're a legend!

:thumbs:

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

What would we do without you in the process Vanessa? hehe. Yet again we are on another stage of this journey together! We arent getting married until May1st, but this will allow me to get the whole thing together and just have him sign it. Quick question, since I used my mom as a co sponsor, does she need to include a seperate affadavit of support just like with the packet 3? Thanks so much for all your help!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline
What would we do without you in the process Vanessa? hehe. Yet again we are on another stage of this journey together! We arent getting married until May1st, but this will allow me to get the whole thing together and just have him sign it. Quick question, since I used my mom as a co sponsor, does she need to include a seperate affadavit of support just like with the packet 3? Thanks so much for all your help!

Jules

If you're using your mum as a co-sponsor again then yes.

You will also need to make sure that the beneficiary provides W2's and the rest of the required evidence even though they don't meet the financial requirements (I think that's you but I didn't want to confuse you :D)

Here's a small thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229685

A lot of people have been caught thinking that because they don't meet the $$ and have a co-sponsor that they won't need to include the w2's and other financial info and this has resulted in RFE's. So remember PRETEND that there isn't a requirement and fill in all your info like normal, provide proof of income etc etc, and then have you co-sponsor fill it in of course being aware of the $$ limit (so if she doesn't earn enough, her assets will need to be entered to cover the difference)

Hope that makes sense :D

Timeline
dont forget to include the I-693 if you are doing one....

G325...is this the only form that required 4 copies?

I-693 is mentioned under Note 2 of AOS. It's not required in all basic cases such as mine where my immunisations are complete. I made sure I mentioned this was a basic case and provided links regarding the I-693.

G-325 no longer requires 4 copies as of July 2009. If in doubt it can't hurt to print and send 4 but the instructions don't require it.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In your cover letter....I also noticed some of the required documents are duplicated in each of the AP. EAD, and AOS.

Do we need to provide it each time the form ask for it?...

or since...we are submitting all 3 at once...we dont have to provided 2 or 3 times?

Linh & Ngan

Timeline
In your cover letter....I also noticed some of the required documents are duplicated in each of the AP. EAD, and AOS.

Do we need to provide it each time the form ask for it?...

or since...we are submitting all 3 at once...we dont have to provided 2 or 3 times?

I don't mean to be rude but this is all discussed in the OP. In any stage where the document isn't NEEDED but I'm including it anyway I clearly distinguished it. Please read the OP.

In simple terms, not in EVERY case are they duplicates, in some cases (which is discussed in the OP) the document is REQUIRED even though it's already in another parcel. In some cases the document ISN'T required but I'm including it because I heard that the cases aren't processed by one person and instead the three things are split up and given to different people. In this case I'm including it because, AGAIN as stated in the OP, they can always shred duplicates and I won't end up with an RFE for not including copies where it was needed.

Timeline
--AOS--

- G-1145 – Form for E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance **See Note 1**

- Payment in the amount of $1,010.00 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

- I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, signed & dated #####

- Copy of birth certificate

- Copy of K1 visa in passport

- 2 passport photos (US passport size) - name and alien number printed lightly on back in pencil or felt pen

- Copy DS-3025 – Vaccination record (completed), dated ##### **See Note 2**

- G-325A - Biographic Information, including residence and employment attachments (4 copies)

- I-864 - Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, completed by #####

o Copy Federal income tax return, including W-2, Form 1099s & Schedule for 2009 tax year

o Copy Federal income tax return, including W-2, Form 1099s & Schedule for 2008 tax year

o Copy Federal income tax return, including W-2, Form 1099s & Schedule for 2007 tax year

o Letter from #####’s employer (optional)

o Pay stub(s) from the most recent six months for ##### (optional)

- Copy of I-797 - Notice of Action, Approval of K1 petition, dated ##### (front & back)

- Copy of Marriage certificate, dated ##### (front & back)

- Copy of I-94 – Arrival/Departure record (front & back)

The two items listed below are on the VJ AOS Guide, however NOWHERE on the forms, or their instructions is it mentioned that these items are required. These items only serve as additional information. You are required to bring your passport to the interview (if you have an interview) so perhaps by mailing this information you might not need to have one. Ultimately more info is better than less info (within reason of course) so it can't hurt. Personally I'll be including them in my parcel (in my attempt to avoid an interview :P) but it makes sense that they're not needed as your Alien number is your identifier now (where with the K1 your passport number and then case number were).

- Photocopy of passport biographical details page

- Photocopy of USA entry stamp dated #####

Note 1: This form is now available that requests that you receive and email and text letting you know your application has been received http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Note 2: There is a huge point of contention on VJ regarding whether or not to send DS-3025 or if you will require form I-693 (immunisations only). The reason for this is, the paperwork clearly states that if you COMPLETED your immunisations PRIOR to your K1 interview in your home country (and thus your medical information is complete in the paperwork you handed in at POE (and subsequently forwarded on)) then only the copy of the DS-3025 is required. HOWEVER some people who assumed their info was complete and sent in the DS-3025 received an RFE requesting they submit a form I-693. Further information is mentioned on this VJ thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101202 So whether you go to the trouble of obtaining one so you don't risk and RFE and thus a slow-down is up to you. Personally I am in the process of calling Civil Surgeons (CS's) in my area to find our their fee. If the fee is reasonable we might do it just so we don't risk the RFE but at the same time i honestly think my form is fine and I have all immunisations filled in, either with dates or "not age appropriate". I'll let you know what I decide and then what the outcome is. Remember though every case is different, no matter how similar they might be.

Here is a the Civil Surgeon "phone book" from the USCIS website: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Here is a VJ thread that lists good CS's and their prices: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...231026&st=0

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT - DOC UPDATE

After a more extensive read of the I-864 paperwork (I apologise as I went off VJ information and the 864 checklist, rather than read the 864 paperwork thoroughly -- it's a lot of pages!), and on the advice of another VJ member, I have updated the list of required docs (I can't edit the OP though, so have listed more info below).

Income Requirements

The income requirement is 125% of the poverty line, and dependant on the number of "household members" (see below). The poverty information can be found here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf If you are unable to meet the income requirements, you are able to use assets to supplement income, and only need to fill out that section of the form if that is the case.

Number of household members

"Your household size includes yourself and the following individuals, no matter where they live: any spouse, any dependent children under the age of 21, any other dependants listed on your most recent Federal income tax return, all persons being sponsored in this affidavit of support, and any immigrants previously sponsored with a Form I-864 or Form I-864 EZ affidavit of support whom you are still obligated to support."

Tax Information

Instead of this (as seen in the doc list above):

o Copy Federal income tax return, including W-2, Form 1099s & Schedule for 2009 tax year

o Copy Federal income tax return, including W-2, Form 1099s & Schedule for 2008 tax year

o Copy Federal income tax return, including W-2, Form 1099s & Schedule for 2007 tax year

you can submit IRS tax transcripts, meaning you will not require the W2s, 1099's or schedules. You are not required to have the IRS certify the transcript or photocopy unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official; a plain transcript or photocopy is acceptable. Do NOT submit copies of your State tax returns.

For purposes of this affidavit, the line for gross (total) income on IRS Forms 1040 and 1040A will be considered when determining income. For persons filing IRS Form 1040 EZ,the line for adjusted gross income will be considered.

Obtaining Tax Transcripts.

You may use Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 4506-T to request tax transcripts from the IRS. Complete IRS Form 4506-T with the ending date for each of your three most recent tax years listed on line 9.Follow all instructions for completing and filing Form 4506-T with the IRS."

IRS tax transcripts are free from the IRS, the phone number to request them is: 1-800-829-1040

Note - A lot of this information is taken directly from the I-864 instructions.

Best of luck with your AOS :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

WOW impressive info! i've already sent my AOS, it was delivered on the 5th of jan, I sent the form G-1145, but haven't recieved an email yet, has anyone sent their's in with this form? & if so how long did u wait to get an email?

Shewack

K 1 - Timeline:

11/11/2007 - Met in London

Immigration Started

2009/04/30 - I-129F Delivered to CSC

2009/05/12 - NOA1

2009/05/13 - Cheque cashed

2009/10/16 - arrived in the states, So Good to be with my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009/11/11 - Married at 3pm, 11pm Uk time when we met arhhhhhh lol

AOS, EAD, Travel doc

2009/12/29 - Sent package via FED EX to Dearborn address

2010/01/05 - AOS delivered

2010/01/08 - Recieved emails & txt from form G-1145

2010/01/11 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

2010/01/28 - RFE, I-693

2010/02/01 - New I-693 delivered

2010/02/01 - Recieve Letter about Biometric app.

2010/02/22 - Biometrics Appointment

2010/03/01 - Approved EAD recieved on 2010/03/08

2010/03/01 - Approved AP recieved on 2010/03/15

2010/04/16 - Interview Date

2010/04/16 - AOS Approved, recieved card 2010/04/30

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.