Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frostysoftyeaton

List of US Banks affiliated to the Philippines

17 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Hmm you should be able to do it with any bank. My bank (alaska usa) would do it, but the wire tranfer fee was more than western union. What you could do is open another account and get an ATM card and send it to the philippines. I know most banks allow you to transfer money between accounts for free. There would be only a small fee for the withdrawal. I ended up just giving my wife my ATM card and told my bank that I did that, so they didnt cancel the card because of fraud...or identity theft.

Is there Bank/s here in the United States that is/are affiliated in the Philippines. Like you can transfer money from here going to your account in the Philippines. If so what are those banks?

Any response is very much appreciated.

Try E Passporte they have ATM cards to?

Greendot prepaid MasterCard or Visa. You can load the card at lots of retailers, walmart, walgreens...many others. You can just order one and send it DHL. I left mine with my wife...works great! She just uses it at the ATM mostly (PBI, Metro Bank). If you load 1,000 a month or sign up for a direct deposit, there's no monthly fee. If not, it's 4.95 a month and 4.95 each time you load it.

Is there Bank/s here in the United States that is/are affiliated in the Philippines. Like you can transfer money from here going to your account in the Philippines. If so what are those banks?

We actually found it hard to get it done that way. Western Union was also too expensive.

I finally settled on using RemitHome which costs me only $8 per transaction and takes the money from my bank account and puts into just about any bank in the PI. I am not affiliated with them other than a user... but here's a link to them if you want it.

(https://www.remithome.com/remithome/common/referralHome.do?referralByCode=30624)

Xoom.com is a similar sservice. Maybe cheaper too.

You can even send money and don't have to pay the fees! Just use their coupon codes when you send money to PI. Good luck and Happy New year!!

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/xoom.com

http://www.tjoos.com/Coupon/2691/Xoom

We found Xoom and Western Union way to expensive. Int'l Bank Transfers are also expensive. We use the Paypal Debit Card, there is no charge for withdrawls except what the bank in the Philippines charges which is $2.00 - $3.00 per transaction. It can be withdrawn at any bank that accepts MasterCard and I can fund the card on-line from home.

I transferred money electronically from my credit union right into my business partner's bank account in Cagayan with absolutely no problems. My credit union didn't even charge me and it was a large sum, $25k. My in-laws have an ATM card with one of my savings accounts and they can withdraw money using the card and the cost is $1.50 per transaction.

We have an account with BPI. When we want to put money into the account, we just have our USA bank send a check to the BPI office in San Deigo (National City). The BPI office there deposits it into our BPI account and voila, the money is there and available for withdrawl from any BPI bank branch in the Philippines.

Time and Costs to process:

3-5 days for our USA bank to send the funds (US Mail) to the BPI bank branch in Californina. (no fee involved - source and target insitutions are both in the USA - it's basicaly the same as an electoinc Bill Pay transiaction)

1 day for the BPI bank branch in National City to process the deposit. Competitive currency exchange rates from USD to PHP (no commission or other fees for currency exchange). Flat fee of 7USD per deposit.

Total Time: less tan 1 week. Total Cost: $7USD. Reliability: 100% - have been doing this for more than 2 years now.

I have been trying to convince the BPI Bank Branch in National City to accept electronic transfers from US Banks, but so far no luck. If they will ever agree to this, then the Total Time to Process would decrease to 2 days. The process is very reliable, can be done from anywhere in the world (no personal visits required), but due to the 1 week time frame, this isnt a solution for "emergencies".

Good Luck.

Warm Regards!

Samby

Edited by TinTin and Samby

Try Citibank, they have branches in the PI

If you have any account in Wells Fargo you can apply for a remittance card from the bank here in the US then send the ATM card to your relatives in Philippines, it's easy and free you just transfer the money from your account online and they can get it after few minutes from any ATM machine in Philippines having the same logo at the back of the ATM card.

Charles Schwab has a checking account that you can use their ATM anywhere in the world and they reimburse your fees. There is no fee or minimum to open an account. Though I did have to mail in my information to get an account. I haven't use this yet, so I don't know if there are fees associated with exchanging money at the bank level in phils. I'm still investigating things.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.